SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 04-07-2008, 09:36 AM
Sage User

Any way for sagemc menus to be client dependent?

It looks to me that the answer to this is NO, but, hey, it never hurts to ask.

I use an edited sagemc_menu.xml interface to parse out stored movies by import directory into "Movies", "Family Movies", "Holiday Movies", etc. The ideal situation would be for certain TV's (kid's room) to only show, say, a minimal amount of options, like a single option for "Family Movies" and nothing else -- no internet video, no settings, etc.

I'm thinking that this would require that different clients (HD100's) would have to point to different sagemc_menu.xml's and I don't see that this is possible.

Any ideas? Could one use the studio editor to make a single button custom interface without a whole bunch of fuss. I'm willing to learn if it looks do-able.

TIA - Chuck
Old 04-07-2008, 09:57 AM
SageTVaholic

Why not take a look here:
Dynamic Menus Menuitemlets

And use this to add the menus you need at whichever client you want. For instance:
Quote:
Go to a named folder of video library (sagetv v6) ¶
This MenuItemLet will always go to a specific folder of the video library and names the menu item 'kids videos'

\\mediaserver\media\Video\Kids
The format of this menuitemlet depends on whether you are using Separate or Combined video library folders (see the Video Library options.

If Separate, you have to specify the full file path as showin in the Video Library. Note that all backslashes have to be doubled, and that this must match exactly the folder name shown in the video library (including upper/lowercase characters)

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE sageMenu PUBLIC "-//NIELM//DTD SAGEMENU XML 1.3//EN" "http://sageplugins.sourceforge.net/nielm_modules/dynamic_menu/sagemenu_1_3.dtd">
<sageMenu version="1.3">
<internalScreenMenuItem title="Kids Videos"
icon="STVs\dynamic_menu_icons\mm_video.png"
screen="Browser - Videos">
<evalExpression>AddStaticContext("newVideoBrowserStyle","xFolder")</evalExpression>
<evalExpression>AddGlobalContext("CurrentVideoBrowserFolder", new_java_io_File("\\\\mediaserver\\media\\Video\\Kids"))</evalExpression>
</internalScreenMenuItem>
</sageMenu>

If Combined, you only have to specify the sub-folder path, again as showin in the Video Library. Again, this must match exactly the folder name shown in the video library (including upper/lowercase characters)

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE sageMenu PUBLIC "-//NIELM//DTD SAGEMENU XML 1.3//EN" "http://sageplugins.sourceforge.net/nielm_modules/dynamic_menu/sagemenu_1_3.dtd">
<sageMenu version="1.3">
<internalScreenMenuItem title="Kids Videos"
icon="STVs\dynamic_menu_icons\mm_video.png"
screen="Browser - Videos">
<evalExpression>AddStaticContext("newVideoBrowserStyle","xFolder")</evalExpression>
<evalExpression>AddGlobalContext("CurrentVideoBrowserFolder", "Kids/")</evalExpression>
</internalScreenMenuItem>
</sageMenu>
That may work for you. Do it once and save it. Then just use it from any client you want to point it to. You could password protect the setup menus so no one can change it.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 04-07-2008, 10:07 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky View Post
Then just use it from any client you want to point it to.
Good stuff. Actually, I've used this technique for the SageMC menus by directly editing the sagemc_menu.xml file in a text editor. From what I'm seeing it looks like all of the clients point to the same .xml. Am I missing something here, is there a way for different clients to have different menu configs?
Old 04-07-2008, 11:01 AM
SageTVaholic

I think you can just make multiple copies of the menu defiition file and give them different names. Then you can load a different one for each client and edit them independantly. Be sure to hit save after any editing or you will loose your changes.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 04-07-2008, 04:08 PM
Sage Icon

You can load a unique menu file for every instance of sage if you want to. They can also be manually called in their properties file.
Old 04-08-2008, 07:58 AM
Sage User

Fantastic. Thanks to all who posted.

I guess I never paid attention to the menu.xml "save as" and "load" options in the custom menu configs.