SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 04-21-2009, 12:41 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiki View Post
I would like to see the Malore Menus incorporated into the core of SageMC as a supported feature. You could include setups so you could choose whether to use the SageMC-style or Malore-style screens for recordings, schedule, etc.

I know there is already an import for the Malore Multipane Menus, but there are some integration issues with using it.

The standard SageMC recording menu just doesn't offer as many options for categorizing and sorting and quickly cycling between multiple views as the Malore menus. Plus, I like seeing the groups on the left and the airings on the left as opposed to a single list where you have to drill down into folders to see the grouped items.
I agree Malore multi-pane windows are excellent for sorting through many series and episodes.
Old 04-21-2009, 07:37 PM
Sage Advanced User

I am very new to SageMC. I just read about this feature. I would also like the ability to determine which tuner was used for the recording. The stock STV has the program info details, and I would like to have similar information in SageMC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui View Post
If you hit the info button in the Program Info screen, you will cycle through various info styles at the bottom of the screen. One of them has the time bar showing the comskip markers.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 04-21-2009, 10:35 PM
Sage User

Series Categories

What about being able to assign your series to a category that could later be filtered at the recorded TV screen. This would allow me to list just the shows that I record verses the ones my wife does or the ones we do for out children.
Old 04-21-2009, 10:49 PM
SageTVaholic

Tuner #10 icons. Currently, they go up to 9.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 04-22-2009, 12:22 AM
Sage User

limit user access

It would be very nice to be able to limit user access to my server through Placeshifter. Currently all server shares are accessible. I would like to be able to give my family a Locator ID but I’m afraid they will delete something by accident or find content they should not see. It might be less complicated to just delete some buttons in the Placeshifter UI instead of dealing with permissions.
Old 04-22-2009, 04:59 AM
Sage Advanced User

Large DVD Cover Shots after hitting play

I learned from this thread I started that the large DVD cover shot that filled the screen when you hit play on a movie was not an intended feature but perhaps a bug. That bug or feature (depending on if you like it) disappeared in the most recent version of SageMC. Now, when hitting play the DVD cover is a small image in the banner at the top of the screen. I would like to see the large DVD cover shot come back as feature of SageMC when playing a DVD. I recognize from that thread that not everyone liked that large cover shot and it was suggested that if the feature came back, there be an option to toggle that on or off. I think that's a good idea and gives choice to users.

Thanks for considering this request and thank you for your work on SageMC.
Old 04-23-2009, 12:17 PM
SageTVaholic

Display of Artist Name on Compilation Albums

Change SageMC so that it displays the actual artist name rather than "Various" for songs on a compilation album.
Old 04-30-2009, 12:03 PM
Sage Advanced User

Show FanArt for Series & Season Folders

I use File System View in the Video Library.
I have a folder structure where I have a folder for Movies, a folder for TV shows, a folder for Music Videos, etc. Inside the TV folder, I have a folder for each series, within those a folder for each season, within those the actual video files (as I expect many people do)

I've turned off Context Sensitive fanart, because I find the background changing every time I move the cursor to be distracting, but when I disabled it I also lose one of my favorite parts of it - I don't see the fanart background once I'm inside the series folder, choosing which season, etc.

I totally understand WHY it happens, but it would be awesome if there was a way to get it to show the appropriate fanart when I'm in the folder for that series and in the folder for each season of the series.
Old 05-10-2009, 11:15 PM
Sage User

FEATURE REQ: More seamless fan art support + auto fanart update + bigger thumbnails

Hi there, first, I'd like to say SageMC is one kickass addon for SageTV. This should really be made more accessible and easier for new users of SageTV, if not included as standard with STV :P.

Having come from the Windows MCE camp, I have a few suggestions to make SageMC even more competitive (didn't see this these requests on the main list):

1. I've been struggling to get fanArt integration (BMT) working and still not complete success. It would be a big leap in the right direction (especially for noobs like me) if this support was more transparent.

2. On the movie search results, is it possible for sage to display movie thumbnails? MCE movie search has the option to download thumbnails on demand and show them with the movie title. It makes searching through movies to watch more aesthetically pleasing :P -- especially when you see the actor in the thumbnails.

3. When EPG data is updated, can we get the fanart/thumbnails to be pre-loaded. The idea is users shouldn't have to wait for the computer. PC's now day have gig's (if not terabytes) of data available. Storing these fanart probably wouldn't cause a storage issue.

4. Is it possible to retrieve larger thumbnails from IMDB? The ones downloaded look stretched out for me. Is there a setting for this that's hidden?

Keep up the good work guys!
Old 05-15-2009, 07:59 AM
SageTVaholic

Here's a pretty minor feature request, but one that I think is getting more important.

Many of us are using STBs to tune channels using firewire or IR blasters. Either one takes a matter of seconds to actually change the channel and start recording something. When you're watching live TV through the guide, there's a noticeable wait after you click on a channel before anything actually happens. It would be nice if SageMC would pop up a little box saying something like "Tuning Channel" while a user is waiting for the video to start. Otherwise, you sometimes start to wonder if your extender just didn't see the button press on the remote, which still happens occasionally with the HD100. I think the stock UI does this.
Old 06-14-2009, 07:16 PM
Sage Expert

Since lots of people use an HD-PVR, channel changing can be quite slow.
Currently this is complicated by the fact that Sage creates a new file for each show/channel.

I'd like to be able to have buffered recording as an option so that channel changing might be a bit faster and also so that it could be possible to rewind/fast forward through mulitple channel changes over a buffer.

It'd be nice to archive save recorded radio.
AMD Ryzen 9 3900XT 12 Core+HT, 64GB DDR5, GeForce 1060, MSI Prestige x570 Creation Mobo, SIIG 4 port Serial PCIe Card, Win10, 1TB M.2 SSD OS HDD, 1 URay HDMI Network Encoder, 3 HD-PVR, 4 DirecTV STB serial tuned

Old 06-14-2009, 07:31 PM
SageTVaholic

@sdsean - I agree with you but these really are core functionality issues and don't have anything to do with SageMC, at least not as far as I see it.
Old 06-14-2009, 08:03 PM
Sage Expert

oh sorry, thought this was for sage itself not sage mc. . . rough weekend killed too many brain cells i guess ;-)
AMD Ryzen 9 3900XT 12 Core+HT, 64GB DDR5, GeForce 1060, MSI Prestige x570 Creation Mobo, SIIG 4 port Serial PCIe Card, Win10, 1TB M.2 SSD OS HDD, 1 URay HDMI Network Encoder, 3 HD-PVR, 4 DirecTV STB serial tuned

Old 06-26-2009, 10:48 AM
Sage User

Hi,

SageMC is really a great solution and was one of the most important reasons for me decided by SageTV togheter with the support to Media Extenders.

At this Stage I think that there are some additions to the SageMC that could be great:

- TV Series Management plugin
- Additional Skins using more graphical elements (e.g. meedios and MP)

Thx.
Asus P5N-D, C2Q Q9400, 4 GB mem, 6 TB HDD in FreeNAS, ATI HD5750, PVR-150, LG Blu-ray / HD DVD Combo Drive, TVA HDTV, Harmony 555, Speakers JBL e Infinity, Yamaha RX-V3900, Samsumg 19" LCD, Samsumg Plasma 42", SageTV HD200, Arcsoft TMT, KL mega codec pack, EventGhost, Windows 7
Old 07-14-2009, 06:59 PM
Sage User

Things I would Like to see

-I would like to use FanArt per sellected item (eg. when you have My TV selected it has a fanart image... you have videos selected it has its own fanart...)

-tv menu to be customizable just like every other menu...

-auto zooming per channel instead of every channel using the same (there is already a stvi that does do aspect ratios... maybe add that?)

Last edited by skippyd77; 07-16-2009 at 05:45 PM.
Old 08-12-2009, 08:28 AM
Sage User

I would like to see the Setup (page/menu) items password protected, so my children do not make changes to my setup.
Old 08-12-2009, 08:58 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by lpitman View Post
I would like to see the Setup (page/menu) items password protected, so my children do not make changes to my setup.
This doesn't solve your request but at least a work around... http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...92&postcount=1
Old 08-19-2009, 03:05 PM
Sage Aficionado

I would like to get the Add to custom Group to the Video's Edit Video Info left hand menu item.

Right now it is not very easy to set SageMC to show Videos by group and then keep it that way. When you add a new video and you are viewing it by group, you can't actually add the new video to a group. You have to go view by folder, change the group and then come back to view by group.

Thanks
Greg
Old 09-20-2010, 10:51 PM
Sage User

I know that this is a REALLY big request, but, I like almost all the features that are added to Sage when I install SMC, but I don't like the replacement interface... If there could be a way to use Sage's standard visual interface, but with the extra features, that would be really nice

BTW, I'm using Sage7 Beta
Old 09-20-2010, 10:52 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jceggbert5 View Post
I know that this is a REALLY big request, but, I like almost all the features that are added to Sage when I install SMC, but I don't like the replacement interface... If there could be a way to use Sage's standard visual interface, but with the extra features, that would be really nice

BTW, I'm using Sage7 Beta
You'd really have to be more specific. What, exactly, are you looking for in 'added features'... guesses are most already are available in some form in the plugin repository...

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room