SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > General Discussion > General Discussion
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

General Discussion General discussion about SageTV and related companies, products, and technologies.

Old 04-15-2008, 08:10 AM
Sage Aficionado

Lost License Key

Hi,

I contacted orders@frey...com asking for a copy of my key as I seem to have lost the email with it on.

That was over 2weeks ago, and I still haven't heard anything back. I sent a reminder email on Sunday night, and still nothing.

I need my sage please, I am missing the new series of Dr. Who!

Thanks,
Simon.
Old 04-15-2008, 08:48 AM
Administrator

Have you checked your spam folders? A lot of times, a reply has been sent, but it has been marked as spam.

Or, try sending another request using a different email address for them to reply to.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 04-15-2008, 09:16 AM
Sage Aficionado

Yep, checked the spam bucket, nowt in there.
will try another email address.

thanks.
Old 04-19-2008, 01:10 PM
Sage User

Unhappy For what it's worth...

I have e-mailed support several times over the last few years try to recover activation codes with out a reply... and that was before I stated running spam filters... after several weeks and emails I gave up and bought a set and started to keep a copy of all my activation codes in my computers and PDA but a couple of hardware failures, a worm, a bad restore and a "flash" memory that was really just "battery-backed-up" lost my copies... O'Brien's corollary to Murphy's Law... "Murphy was an Optimist!!!" I tried again over the last couple of months and their still don't respond.

I'm going to be trying my hand at a big commercial installation and while discussing the OEM licensing I mentioned the lack of support regarding activation codes with the OEM Rep and he said they get a lot of email trying to "spoof" a free code and I got the impression that they aren't that concerned with consumer support, that is what the forum is about... That's why the OEM licenses cost several times what the consumer license and to access a few things that will remove some restriction that keep casual users out of trouble...

Rob

Last edited by rleeson; 04-19-2008 at 01:13 PM.
Old 04-19-2008, 03:45 PM
Administrator

Yes, they do reply if they receive the email & you provide proof of purchase, which should be your name and email address used when you bought the license. You should send the email to support at sagetv.com or orders at sagetv.com. Don't use the old freytechnologies email addresses. You could also use the support request form.

Sometimes their reply doesn't get received or the email sometimes even gets blocked going to them. When poeple have had problems, they've posted here & it was resolved.

If you bought the license elsewhere, such as from PCAlchemy, then you'll need to contact them.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.