SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV EPG Service
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV EPG Service Discussion related to the SageTV EPG Service used within SageTV. Questions about service area coverage, channel lineups, EPG listings, XMLTV, or anything else related to the service or programming guide data for SageTV should be posted here.

Old 04-15-2008, 10:31 AM
Sage Advanced User

Digital channel not getting guide data

I've recently purchased a Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-1250 and am trying to use it to tune my local channels OTA in HD.

When I add the source, I select my area, it downloads the available channels and asks me if I want to auto-scan for channels. I tell it no, and then finish up with setting up the source.

All 10 of the digital channels I receive will get the guide data correctly, except for one, a 24/7 local weather channel. When I look up the listings for my area on zap2it.com, this channel has guide data...

Does anyony know why this might be?

My area is St. Louis, MO, and the channel in question is 5-2, KSDKDT2. Zip code is 63012
Old 04-15-2008, 10:38 AM
Administrator

If the channel is OTA only & isn't included on some cable or satellite lineup, SageTV doesn't get its EPG data from Zap2it. Some digital channels include EPG data in the broadcast stream, but it sounds like that one doesn't or else SageTV would get listings from that data. You could contact the station & request that they include EPG data in their broadcast.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 04-15-2008, 10:47 AM
Sage Advanced User

Oh OK.

I just thought it was a little weird that the rest of them have data and this is the only one that didn't.

But, having said that, it is a 24/7 weather channel, so what do I need the guide data for anyway?

Thanks
- Ryan
Old 04-18-2008, 11:36 AM
Sage Aficionado

On channel - no guide data -shows in zap2it

One of my antenna Digital stations does not show any giude data. The channel is 12.1, a sub channel of the cable channel 12. When i look in the giude in Zap2It, it shows the TV schedule for that channel. Any idea how to fix this?

Thd details from SIliconDust are:
Channel: 12.1
Type: 8vsb
Channel: 13, WPRI-HD

* merged *
Old 04-18-2008, 11:48 AM
Administrator

SageTV may not have access to the data for the channel -- if it is OTA-only & is not included on some cable or satellie lineup, then SageTV doesn't get the EPG data from Zap2it.

If you have a digital tuner, then you might get listings from the broadcast, if the station includes that data in the stream. If they don't, then you could contact them & request that they include EPG data in their broadcast.

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 04-18-2008, 04:52 PM
Sage Aficionado

But SageTV does have access to all my other over the air channels AND
if i log into the Web version ot Zap2it's TV gguide, it shows data for that channel. I assume SaveTV is using the same data from Zap2it, right?
Old 04-18-2008, 07:59 PM
Sage Aficionado

Apparently that doesn't matter... I have the same issue with 2 of my HDs and well... even tho the other 3 have guide data... my CBS, NBC aren't listed. This has been discussed, and somewhat explained... didn't really make perfect sense, but it was explained. Chances are you won't see epg data for that channel even if it is on zap2it... I've been waiting for several months now hoping that something would show up... I do have stream data but that is still a mess because things want to record twice.. and repeat/firstruns are all messed up!

--Mike
Win7Pro, SageTV v6.6, SageMC, Intel E6850, 2048MB DDR2, , ATI4750, LG BR/HDVD/DVD-Rom,1xHDHR, 1xPVR-1600 (1x DirectTV , 1x Comcast Analog Cable, and 3x OTA Digital), USB-UIRT, and Harmony 300 Remote + 1 MVP Extender + 1 PC Client.
Old 04-19-2008, 09:32 AM
Sage User

Generic Guide Data for OTA Digital Channels

Does anyone know how to get the EP specific prefix data for OTA channels? I currently am getting a DT prefix. I recently hooked up an OTA antenna to my HDhomerun but the guide data is generic. It correctly labels the name of the show but not the episode. It won't show first run or HD markers even though zap2it's website indicates both correctly. Am I missing something obvious...ideas?

* merged *
Old 04-19-2008, 11:45 AM
Sage User

Well I don't know if there was an easier way but through some fancy mappings I was able to transcribe all of the appropriate channels from a cable line up to the OTA line up. For whatever reason the cable line up had full episode info and OTA didn't.
Old 04-19-2008, 12:59 PM
Administrator

BTW: The reason is covered about 2 topics down from this one. (edit: now this topic)

- Andy
Old 04-19-2008, 02:33 PM
Sage User

I read that and it doesn't seem to apply, so I posted. Plus, that thread doesn't really offer a solution.

Last edited by bug1124; 04-19-2008 at 02:36 PM.
Old 04-19-2008, 03:52 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bug1124 View Post
I read that and it doesn't seem to apply
Yes, it applies -- you are talking about OTA-only channels, just like they are. The only reason I didn't merge this topic with that one earlier is because I thought you knew that already and...

Quote:
Plus, that thread doesn't really offer a solution.
... were just asking if there were another EPG data source you could try using.

So, now I've merged the topics so it is clear that they are all dealing with OTA-only channels.

I don't know an alternative for getting EPG data for those channels other than asking that the station broadcast the data in the stream, which yours already seems to do, since you have listings with the DT prefix for show IDs. Maybe someone else has dealt with channels like that & can offer a suggestion.

- Andy
Old 04-19-2008, 04:39 PM
Sage User

Thats exactly it, it isn't an OTA only channel, as I suspect few are since (as in this case) these channels are simulcast on local digital cable. Hopefully this can now help someone who ends up in the same situation.
Old 04-19-2008, 09:52 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bug1124 View Post
Thats exactly it, it isn't an OTA only channel, as I suspect few are since (as in this case) these channels are simulcast on local digital cable.
What I mean by OTA-only is that it is only listed by Zap2it on an OTA-lineup and not on any cable or satellite lineup that SageTV has access to.

If it should be part of a cable lineup, then contact SageTV to let them know that the listings are incomplete.

And, what version of SageTV are you using? If it is an older version, maybe there is data from Zap2it, but the data from the stream is overwriting it -- the latest SageTV versions don't do that, but I thought some older version might have.

- Andy
Old 04-21-2008, 11:37 AM
Sage Aficionado

I still don't understand why SageTV does not get guide data from only digital channel 12.1. Is there a log file somewhere i can check to see what's happeing when SageTV is getting channel program data from Zap2it?
Old 04-21-2008, 12:07 PM
Administrator

I'm not really sure how to say this differently from what I said a few times above, but I'll try again: if the channel is only listed on an OTA lineup from Zap2it and is not listed on any cable or satellite lineup, then SageTV does not have access to the Zap2it listings for that channel.

- Andy
Old 04-21-2008, 02:34 PM
Sage Aficionado

Ok, so from what you are saying, then SageTV is getting the TVguide data from only cable and satellite Zap2It listings (which it somehow knows how to cross-reference for OTA channels). If you look at http://tvlistings.zap2it.com/tvlisti...?zipcode=01503, you see that there is a listing for channel 12.1 for OTA. Because there is no other cable channel for my provider that has the same listings as the OTA channel 12.1, it shows no data in the SageTV guide. Is this correct? Am i making sense?
Old 04-21-2008, 03:02 PM
Administrator

Yes, that pretty much sums it up.

If, instead, you had said that the channel was on a cable lineup & still didn't have EPG data, then I would have said to contact SageTV to ask about it.

- Andy
Old 05-17-2008, 02:41 PM
Sage User

Channel shows "No Data" in Program Guide

Am setting up SageTV for the first time and it works except for a few channels in the program guide. These channels always show "No Data" -- the rest show proper program listings.

These are over the air digital channels named 58-2 (UNC-HD), 58-3 (UNC-KD), 58-4 (UNC-ED) and 58-5 (UNC-NC). They view fine. Strangely, 58-1 (WUNGDT) has proper listings. Any clues for getting the missing program listings?

* merged *
Old 05-17-2008, 02:45 PM
Administrator

jrhillery: I merged your question here. Check some of the posts above. You may be able to remap those channels to stations you have on a cable lineup & get EPG data that way.

- Andy