SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 04-18-2008, 09:14 PM
Sage Expert

Potential Bug in Sage v5, maybe 6

I can no longer see shows under Additional Airings for one of my programs when using the the option under the advanced view. I've seen this behavior before for "MASH".

Also, for this show, I have 19 recorded, unwatched shows, but only 12 appear in "current recordings."

Since I have 988 past airings, and 12 of 19 current are displaying in the additional airings view, with no additional, this leads me to believe that Sage can only display a total of 1000 items in a view, at least for Additional airings.

Is this true? Opus? Narflex? Anyone?

[Edit]
MASH has 1632, so it is not the 1000 limit, but MASH doesn't show Additional airings for all channels. It shows Fox, but not TV Land.

Not what I thought it was, but still a problem.

Last edited by jominor; 04-18-2008 at 09:19 PM.
Old 04-18-2008, 09:57 PM
Administrator

The API docs state there is a limit of 1000 results for a search, so that is probably what you are running into. I'm not sure what the difference is when you are seeing 1632 listings for MASH, but maybe the screen where you see that count uses a different type of search.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 04-19-2008, 08:15 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
The API docs state there is a limit of 1000 results for a search, so that is probably what you are running into. I'm not sure what the difference is when you are seeing 1632 listings for MASH, but maybe the screen where you see that count uses a different type of search.

- Andy
So the Additional Airings for a show, in this case, a favorite uses the search internal to display upcoming shows? Is there any workaround? If you go to
1) Manage Favorites
2) select the show, then go to
3) Additional Airings, you do get the correct number of Current Recordings, Past Airings, and additional shows do display.

So it seems that the problem is when you Go through:
1) SageTV Recordings->Using the Sort by newest,group by title, display filter- All,
2) select the show,the popup window appears in advanced view
3) Select View Additional Airings
3) The number of Past Airings and Current Recordings is different and additional airings don't display

I've posted a bug report.
Old 04-19-2008, 10:01 AM
Administrator

Those are using different search methods -- the first one just gets all airings of a Favorite, so the airings are limited to the channel, time, & so on for that Fav, which is why you noted that the airings on some channels were not included; the second one simply searches for all airings of the selected show. Those are different API calls & the first one does not have the 1000 limit while the other one does. I'll see what SageTV wants to do about it.

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 04-21-2008, 03:09 PM
Administrator

BTW: the next version will have a property you can change to increase the search results limit. But, there is no setting to change this right now.

- Andy
Old 05-12-2008, 09:37 PM
Administrator

Update: the property added to control this in v6.4.2 is wizard/max_search_results.

- Andy