SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 04-22-2008, 02:26 PM
Sage User

FFwd/track skip behaviour

Running 6.3 I am confused by the ffwd/rwd behaviour in music mode

>> and << speeds up
>>| and |<< are hard skips

the track fwd and back buttons appear on the left menu, BUT ONLY AFTER YOU EXIT THE MUSIC VIEW AND REENTER IT.

wouldn't it make more sense for << and >> to hard skip and |<< and >>| to skip tracks

Is there any way of changing this behaviour without altering the behaviour in video mode?
Old 04-22-2008, 02:42 PM
Administrator

What STV are you using? When you start music playback, the music browser in the default STV updates itself to display the playback info + extra buttons on the icon bar to the left.

Playback commands while on the browser can be limited due to also using commands for UI navigation. The playback screen allows more control of playback, with channel up/down used to change tracks.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 04-23-2008, 08:16 AM
Sage User

Standard STV

I am using the standard STV. The prev/nest track buttons only load if I exit the music view and re-enter (maybe something else would also trigger them to load, but this is how I do it). Some other posts suggest the channel +/- buttons should skip tracks, but this is not the case and they merely navigate in the menu
Old 04-23-2008, 10:10 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yannai View Post
I am using the standard STV. The prev/nest track buttons only load if I exit the music view and re-enter (maybe something else would also trigger them to load, but this is how I do it).
It should update itself when playback starts. I'm not sure why it wouldn't do that... Have you added any customizations? Did you turn off animations? What type of client are you using? If I could reproduce what is happening, I can look into fixing that.

Quote:
Some other posts suggest the channel +/- buttons should skip tracks, but this is not the case and they merely navigate in the menu
Right -- like I said above: extra playback commands are available on the playback screen.

- Andy
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 04-23-2008, 11:46 AM
Sage User

On media MVP

I am running stock 6.3 on an MVP extender.
Old 04-23-2008, 10:21 PM
Administrator

It worked on an MVP when we tried it... double check the SageTV and STV versions you are using. From the Main Menu, just use the Info command to get to the System Information screen, where the Software Version and Current STV File will be listed.

- Andy
Old 12-16-2008, 10:55 PM

The same thing happens to me. This is running on a PC using 6.4 and no customizations.
Old 01-10-2009, 10:31 PM
Sage Advanced User

So, I'm trying to understand how this works. Is there really no way to skip to prev/next track when playing music in Sage except to click on those two buttons with the mouse in the Music Browser screen? Is there not even a command# I can use? I control Sage with Girder so I'm fine with sending command messages, but I can't find a command that will actually work with this. This seems like a pretty significant oversight for a media application that is meant to be remote friendly, please tell me I'm wrong...