SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV EPG Service
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV EPG Service Discussion related to the SageTV EPG Service used within SageTV. Questions about service area coverage, channel lineups, EPG listings, XMLTV, or anything else related to the service or programming guide data for SageTV should be posted here.

Old 04-24-2008, 03:06 AM

Digital EPG for Analog TV

Hi,
I am currently testing SageTV and I must say I am impressed. At the moment I use Vista Ultimate which work also very well, however it is not possible to have a digital and an analog tuner at the same time.
I live in Belgium and we have DVB-C and normal analog. All channels available for analog are also available on the digital signal. The digital card in my pc is a Floppy DTV which seems to be working perfect, however it is very expensive (250euro) with the cablecrypt etc. Therefore I want to use the digital one and if necessary move to the Hauppage dual analog tuner if I need to record something else (saving me another 250 for an extra floppy dtv). This is not possible in Vista, therefore I am looking for other software.
I was supprised how easy you can detect the cards and enable them and for the digital card I immediately had an EPG. Now comes the sad part, the program guide for analog is a hell. With vista I had to give my country and postal code and there was the data. For Sage, I have to setup the xmltv I think but have no idea how to even begin on that. Furthermore, i also want to install this solution for my dad, but with xmltv there is to much that can go wrong.
Now, the question, can I either rip the info out of vista MCE or can I connect the EPG info from the digital one to the analog cards. The only thing I found was that you can say it uses the same but than the channels don't work.

Another sad thing I found: after installing SageTV on my vista ultimate, the MCE stopped working, claiming there was no hardware installed. After removing Sage TV it worked again. This off course makes testing difficult since the MCE is recording a lot and I have to install it quickly - test - uninstall between shows.

Is there maybe a similar service comming for sage tv as in MCE, just postal code and country to get the guide? Because that is what a regular simple user loves. i have not found any other MCE software that does the same, if Sagetv can come up with something I think this will have a huge impact on sales.
Thanks for the advice
Old 05-07-2008, 02:08 AM

nobody a solution or is it just not possible?
Well, will have to stay with MCE than.
Thanks anyway...
Old 05-07-2008, 05:14 PM
Sage User

I use TVTV to receive EPG for the main channels on French TV plus Radio Tims for XML data for UK. Is TVTV also available for Belgian Channels?

John
Old 05-09-2008, 01:14 AM

well, the TVTV is maybe available but you have to pay for the channel listings.
This all makes it quite an expensive solution, and since this is only in test fase I do not want to create a tvtv account...