SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 04-30-2008, 07:55 PM
Sage Advanced User

Hauppauge Remote Issue

Hi all-

I tried installing Sage about a year ago and could never get it to change channels correctly with the Hauppauge remote and IR blaster. Eventually I got TiVo and was using that for a while, but I wanted something more configurable and decided to give my home-made solution another whirl. Having determined that the problem was with the Hauppauge IR blaster, I bought a USB-UIRT and started over.

I did a fresh install of Windows MCE on my machine (1.5 gb ram, 460 total gb HD space, Hauppauge PVR-150 with 45-button remote), reloaded all the necessary drivers and fired it up.

I could get windows MCE working fine with the remote but ran into other issues configuring the card, so I quickly decided to move on to Sage.

I got Sage's latest version as of today, 6.3.whatever and ran it on this clean new install with all Hauppauge IR drivers already installed.

Everything is working now EXCEPT the remote. I checked the appropriate buttons during install, even uninstalled and reinstalled Sage to make sure I'd done it right, and....nothing.

I know the remote is working because A) it would control MCE and B) I can see the red light from the USB-UIRT respond when I push buttons on the remote. So why can't I get the remote to control Sage?

Some sort of quick resolution would help, because the girlfriend will quickly rebel and force me back to the TiVo if I don't get this fixed

Any and all help greatly appreciated.

Jason
Old 04-30-2008, 08:55 PM
Administrator

If you really have a Hauppauge remote & not an MCE remote from a Hauppauge MCE kit version of the tuner, then try this FAQ:
How do I use the Hauppauge remote to control SageTV? When I press a button, nothing happens..

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 05-01-2008, 07:34 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks--there are a lot of threads floating around here about remotes, I couldn't find that one when I was searching last night!

It seems to be working fine for now as long as Sage is in focus, except for the volume. I am running a Diamond Extreme 7.1 Surround Sound card with optical out to my 5.1 home theater optical plug. The remote volume will lower the side channels but not the center channel. Mute works, though. Any suggestions?

Thanks again--
Jason
Old 05-01-2008, 09:09 PM
Administrator

I don't know about the volume issue, but for this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by yacht_boy View Post
It seems to be working fine for now as long as Sage is in focus
Chek that same FAQ, towards the end, or see post 15 of Hauppauge link 3 in my sig lines.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 05-01-2008, 09:25 PM
Sage Advanced User

thanks--once I get this set up properly, this machine will be dedicated to Sage, so I figured I wouldn't mess around with the focus thing. I'll keep poking around for a volume solution.

Jason