SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Old 05-02-2008, 08:29 AM
Sage Icon

Strange lockup situation

I posted this in the broad “lock-ups” thread a while back but it kinda got lost, and I noticed that it is still happening again last night. Has anyone seen this, and if so, resolved it?

When I click to change the “available channels” option in the Favorites set-up on the Extender, it locks up the Extender. The Extender still senses button-pushes on the remote (green light flashes), but nothing happens. The only way to resolve it is a manual reboot with the on/off switch on the back of the Extender.

However, there is no problem with this function on the server. So whenever I add a new Favorite, I can set all the other options through the Extender (first run/rerun, start and end times, etc.), but I have to go down to the server in the basement to set the “available channels” option.

As I do not add favorites often (any more), this is not a huge hassle, but it is a hassle nonetheless, and is definitely a glitch that should not occur. I should also note that this issue did not occur at first, but started occurring recently (in the last month or so). I suspect it is related to one of the custom stvi adds, so I am not expecting help/resolution from Sage. I was just hoping someone here had seen the problem too, and figured out a way to easily fix it.
Tuners: 4 tuners via (2) HDHomeruns (100% OTA, DIY antennas in the attic).
Clients: Several HD300s, HD200s, even an old HD100, all on wired LAN. Latest firmware for each.