SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 05-04-2008, 08:07 AM
Sage User

Television Progress Bar

Is there any way to enable a progress bar when fast-forwarding or rewinding? Its a feature that my wife really wants.

Target
Old 05-05-2008, 12:10 PM
Sage User

Should I already know the answer to this? I did a forum search, and have played with MC quite a bit, and I can't figure it out. Is it possible? Something I'd have to write myself?

Target
Old 05-05-2008, 12:32 PM
SageTVaholic

Are you talking about the smooth FF and smooth REW?

Everytime I skip forwards or backwards the progress bar pops up, and I didn't have to do anything to make that happen. BUT I dont' use the smooth versions.

*** What you really need, and I wasn't a believer until I tried it out for myself, is to get comercial skipping working. I don't ever have to FF or REW, and rarely have to jump around - comskip does it all. ***

btl.
Old 05-05-2008, 05:03 PM
Sage User

Currently when we are watching TV and go to fastforward or rewind, the progress bar does not come up. The show just goes forward or backward with no progress bar. I don't think I have the smooth ff or rw enabled, but I can check that out.

As to comskip, I am under the understanding that there are some issues with HD. I've been reluctant to risk the wife missing any of idol lest the evening turn ugly.

Does comskip work on the fly? We usually watch TV not quite live. Maybe 15 minutes behind so we can burn through most of the commercials. Sometimes we even go live. Does comskip perform well in these situations?

Thanks a ton,

Target
Old 05-06-2008, 11:13 AM
SageTVaholic

Comskip works great with HD, and works on the fly. You won't miss any of Idol - comskip just marks where it thinks the commercials are, and you can jump directly to that point. More often than not it gets it right. But on occasions where it's wrong, you can just manually skip around until you are at the right spot.

We watch TV the same way - start about 10-15 minutes into the show. Comskip does a fine job in this scenario.

btl.
Old 07-29-2008, 01:52 PM
Sage User

Ok, so I'm using comskip and I will admit it is fantastic.

That said, I'm still having the above problem. When fast forwarding or rewinding (I'm using an HD Extender) there is no progress bar. This is driving the wife crazy. She wants the little green bar to come up with how much time is left when she pauses or rewinds etc. Its probably just a setting somewhere, but darned if I can find it.

Target
Old 07-29-2008, 02:30 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Target View Post
Ok, so I'm using comskip and I will admit it is fantastic.

That said, I'm still having the above problem. When fast forwarding or rewinding (I'm using an HD Extender) there is no progress bar. This is driving the wife crazy. She wants the little green bar to come up with how much time is left when she pauses or rewinds etc. Its probably just a setting somewhere, but darned if I can find it.

Target
Not sure why it wouldn't show up when ff'ing or rw'ing. Does it show when you hit the play button?
Old 07-29-2008, 02:42 PM
Sage Icon

You can try resetting your HD100: http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33445
Old 07-29-2008, 07:23 PM
Sage User

I'm out of town for the next week. I'll document exactly when the bar comes and when it doesn't and try to pinpoint the problem.

Target