SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 05-12-2008, 05:49 AM
Sage Advanced User

SageTV Tray Icon when recording

Is there an way to change the SageTV Tray Icon (say, to a red circle instead of green) when SageTV is recording something?

It would be a nice feature, so that I don't need to start up the GUI just to see if something is currently recording before I shut down SageTV for modifications.
Old 05-12-2008, 06:13 AM
Sage Aficionado

Sage is always recording. They would probably have to look at what was scheduled to record vs whats recording to make this work.
Old 05-12-2008, 06:25 AM
Sage Fanatic

There's always this utility. I haven't used it lately but from what I remember it might do the trick

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/down...do=file&id=168
Old 05-12-2008, 09:49 AM
Administrator

When not using service mode, the server UI's tray icon has a pop-up when you hover over it to indicate that a recording is in progress. Clients don't do this, but the above link should help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebulink View Post
Sage is always recording. They would probably have to look at what was scheduled to record vs whats recording to make this work.
SageTV isn't always recording when there isn't something scheduled and you are not watching live TV, unless you set a property telling tuner(s) to never stop recording.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 05-15-2008, 01:36 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc View Post
There's always this utility. I haven't used it lately but from what I remember it might do the trick

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/down...do=file&id=168
Thanks, doc! The utility is working fine. I already had the WebServer installed, so this became an easy choice.

Andy - That may explain why I haven't noticed the color change. I have almost always used the SageTV Server, once I found out about it.

Last edited by AzJazz; 05-15-2008 at 01:40 PM.
Old 05-15-2008, 01:42 PM
Administrator

I modified my previous post -- the icon doesn't change when it is recording; it shows a pop-up when you hover the mouse over it.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.