SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 06-05-2008, 08:56 AM
Sage User

Missed/Deleted/Corrupt recordings

I have two different problems:

1) There have ben times when a season pass recording is recorded just fine but when I go play it, it has full gren bar for the entire length of the show but it just jumps to the end of the show immediately and asks if I want to delete it (just like it does when it reaches the end normally) The file is normal length 8GB or so for an hour of HD so the data is clearly there but there is somwthing corrupt in the file that causes it to skip to the end immediately.

It has happened for several weeks with "Dancing with the stars" and it has happened once with "Gray's Anatomy".

2) I try to record some kiddie shows from PBS and the shows show up as being recorded while the show is on but as soon as the show is over it gets deleted. It happens with manually scheduled shows as well as season pass managed shows, and it only seems to be happening with PBS (KERA). The show shows up in the upcoming list, I see the little red tape icon as it's being recorded, I see it being recorded, but as soon as the show is over it gets deleted.

As for my system, I'm running the latest Sage buildwith SageMCE. I have three (3) Hauppauge HVR 950 USB tuners and I am recording OTA digital broadcast.

Anyone else have these or similar issues with resolution?
Old 06-05-2008, 09:35 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtakacs View Post
I'm running the latest Sage buildwith SageMCE.
Currently, there is a release version of SageTV and a beta version... which of the latest versions are you using?

It sounds like the recordings have a timeline problem which may be fixed in the v6.4.3 beta. The ones getting deleted may be corrupt recordings, but you could check the debug log to see if it has info after a recording is missing.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 06-05-2008, 10:41 PM
Sage User

My SageTV version is 6.3.10.166

Tonight I had a favorite set to record at 7:00pM (Last comic standing) and I manually set up a recording from the guide for my PBS station for some random show that was coming up (Stay Rich Forever & Ever With Ed Slott).

I have added the manual recording around 18:57. About 3-4 minutes into the recording I have confirmed that both Last Comic Standing and the PBS show were recording, they both showed up under "my TV" with the red recording indicator next to them. I even started playing back Last Comic Standing for a bit and it semed to be fine. I did not play back the PBS show at this time.

Then I left SageTV alone and when I came back after the shows were recorded only Last Comic Standing was sitting in my recorded shows, the PBS show vanished.

I have checked the PBS channel around 18:57 and it had reception, I could watch live TV. I also checked it just now (23:30), and it does have live TV. Between the two time periods I don't know what happened to it but I can only assume that it was working.

This morning I also successfully recorded a Sesame Street and a Clifford the red dog episode, but only because I (my son) was also live viewing it on TV while the recording was happening. If I don't watch the channel live while I am recording, it will delete the recording immediately after it finished it.

I have attached the server log from tonight from the time I scheduled the recording until the time I actually checked live TV later from a clent.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Attached Files
File Type: zip sagetv_0.zip (65.6 KB, 198 views)
Old 06-05-2008, 10:44 PM
Sage User

FYI, it might be a channel dependent issue, there is another person from my area with similar problems for the PBS channel: http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32933

I'd just like to know what to tell PBS if it is indeed their fault and not SageTV's.
Old 06-05-2008, 11:02 PM
Administrator

The v6.4.3 beta has quite a few fixes, so you should probably give that a try.

Or, you could contact SageTV tech support to see what they say, but depending on the errors in the log, they may suggest trying the beta.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 06-06-2008, 09:56 AM
Sage User

I haev updated to the latest beta as of this morning to no avail. I still have problems with this particular channel. I have also updated my Hauppauge HVR-950 drivers to the ones from March (lastest from Hauppauge).

I had a manual recording scheduled and I had my son watch the same channel live in the other room. The recording started recording and the live tv buffer also showed up in the "my tv" list. I had the same show recorded twice from two separate tuners at the same time. One was the scheduled recording and the other was the live tv.

The scheduled recording showed 0:00-1:00 and 5 minutes into it it was completely blank with nothing playing if I selected to play it back. The live buffer was playing back fine however there was no "Record" selection for it, only "Watch" selection. The timebar went from 0:00 to 8900:00 or something crazy high like that.

I stopped the manual recording as it was blank and even after that I had no option to record the live TV buffer my son was watching. I had to stop watching live TV on that TV and start watchign it again at which point the TV would show about 5 seconds of the show over and over again. I stopped watching live TV and started it up again several times with the same result. It was just looping a 5 second window from the time I started watchign live TV.

I finally stopped sageTV service and restarted it, started watching live TV and this time it was playing fine and I could start recording it from that time on. Whether the show actually stayed on the drive or not is not clear to me as I had to leave for work.

I still don't know whether it's an issue with the broadcast or whether it's an issue with SageTV not handling the broadcast fine.

It only happens on this particular channel.

I think I am going to open a supprot ticket with SageTV customer service and see what they say. I'll just link them to this thread and the other one.