SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 06-10-2008, 12:45 PM
Sage Advanced User

Playback skipping after FF/RW

I am using the Arcsoft Video decoder with recordings off my new HD-PVR. If I just watch the recordings everything looks great, but when I skip forward or backwards my playback gets pixelated and garbled. If I stop the playback and the re-start the quality returns to normal. This is very annoying when I try and skip over commercials on a show recorded off the HD-PVR. Is anybody seeing similar behavior?

-Mike
Old 06-17-2008, 09:10 AM
Sage Advanced User

Well it turns out this was not a sagetv issue. I also saw the seeking issue with the Arcsoft playback software. I switched back to my nvidia 7300GS from my ATI 3450 and it ff/rw without problems. My cpu utilization does go up since the 7300GS only supports partial hardware decode of h264 streams, but the playback performance seems acceptable now. I'm disappointed that ATI card didn't work for me. At least it was only 50 bucks.

-Mike