SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 06-17-2008, 06:53 PM
Sage Advanced User

Importing DVD rips on WHS

I've read through many thread on here about importing DVD rips into SageTV, but I just cannot get it to work.

I've added a directory into the config on my WHS...i.e e:\DVD. Then ripeed dvd's using AnyDVD. I refreshed the Videos on SageTV (on the WHS) and NOTHING!

The directory structure is hte DVD rip drive is

E:\
|---DVD
..|---Movietitle
....|---Video_TS
......|---Video_TS### files (yes there is a Video_TS.IFO and .VOB in each one).

Question: Does the drive I'm storing these on NEED to be in the WHS drive pool, or can it be not in there like the SageTV recordig drive?
Old 06-17-2008, 08:02 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgroves View Post
Question: Does the drive I'm storing these on NEED to be in the WHS drive pool, or can it be not in there like the SageTV recordig drive?
Either should work as far as seeing the DVDs go. Playing might get ugly if it is in the pool and WHS starts balancing. I've got mine on drives outside the pool - 1 disk for recording and 1 for DVDs.

Is your Sage service using the default system logon?
How are you typing in the import folder path (i.e. e:\blah or \\server\share or SMB://server...)?

I am using a named account for the sage service (need to access \\server shares on the NAS), and had to twiddle with security on my local drives to make sure the sage named account for the service had access rights to get to the local folders.

Cheers,
Slipshod
Clients: 2x HD300, 1x HD200 Extenders, 1x Placeshifter
2x Roku XD
Old 06-17-2008, 09:04 PM
Sage Advanced User

I WAS using the default logon for the service. I changed it to an account that had a password.

Now I've got DVD's showing up..... I completely looked at the threads saying "use an account for the service", and didn't frikkin' check it. THANK YOU.

Now I've got to rid a crap-load of DVD's for the wife....
Old 06-18-2008, 05:03 AM
Sage Advanced User

I woke up this morning, and now the movies that were in the Videos folder are gone. Sage won't see them anymore. I added 3 more DVD's overnight, nad when I woke up SageTV it didn't show the new movies, eventhough I told it to refresh periodically in the setup menus, so I manually told it to refresh, and some it finished...all the movies disappeared.

What the heck now????? Ugh....
Old 06-18-2008, 05:49 PM
Sage Advanced User

I'm getting a little more than frustrated at this.

On the Sage Console on the WHS, I see NONE of the DVD's I've ripped.
On the Extender I see ONLY 1/2 of the DVD's.
On a SageTV Client I Cannot even get to the directory - I get "Invalid Directory" message.

What am I doing wrong? What am I missing? AHHHH. ..Someone... PLEASE Help me figure this out....

The SageTV service on the WHS is setup with the Admin account for the server. I've even set it up using another account on the WHS and that I use on the client PC...no dice...

Last edited by rgroves; 06-18-2008 at 05:52 PM.
Old 06-18-2008, 07:06 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgroves View Post
On the Sage Console on the WHS, I see NONE of the DVD's I've ripped.
On the Extender I see ONLY 1/2 of the DVD's.
On a SageTV Client I Cannot even get to the directory - I get "Invalid Directory" message.
How are you specifying the directories? E: or \\? A SageTV client won't work with drive letters unless you map them on the client. If you're using shares, make sure you've configured rights on both the share and the filesystem.

Other than that I'm stumped... You should probably talk to support at that point.
Clients: 2x HD300, 1x HD200 Extenders, 1x Placeshifter
2x Roku XD
Old 06-18-2008, 07:20 PM
Sage Advanced User

Well, the WHS and the extender are not working correctly.....ODD.

The client is still a mystery. I cannot get the client to see any mapped drive (K:\; M:\; etc..) to the WHS at all. If I try to map it using the UNC (\\WHSserver\sharedfolder) It can see the contents of the folder, but when I say "use current", it doesn't do anything. The UNC mapping doesn't show up, and of course nothing imports since thre is nothing mapped. Ahhhhhh.