SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Old 06-24-2008, 10:29 PM
Sage Advanced User

Odd Video issue on power up

I had set the default resolution for 1080p, as my TV allows for that input.

I find that everytime I power off and then on from the remote, I have to press video out atleast once to get a picture. then the resolution is set for 1080i.

Now if I power off then on with it at 1080i I still have to press the video out on the remote. is this normal? Another idea I had was to leave the Box on all the time, and have it go into Standby instead of off, is this wise? my Dish Box are always in 'standby'

When in standby the resolution is not an issue as it will display.

I am using an HDMI cable that is good, my Tv is a Panasonic Plasma with a display resolution of 768p so do I want Sage set for 1080p or 1080i or 720p?
Old 06-25-2008, 10:27 AM
Sage Icon

I don't know if this will help you, but I resolved all of my resolution issues (thanks to some advice here from a few people) by disabling ("unchecking") all resolutions except 1080p on my Extender, from the video setup menu when you first boot up the box. I had originally checked everything from 1080p down to 480i (since the TV "could do" all of it), but that gave me all sorts of problems with resolutions switching, similar to how you describe.
Tuners: 4 tuners via (2) HDHomeruns (100% OTA, DIY antennas in the attic).
Clients: Several HD300s, HD200s, even an old HD100, all on wired LAN. Latest firmware for each.
Old 06-25-2008, 02:02 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjpjpjpj View Post
I don't know if this will help you, but I resolved all of my resolution issues (thanks to some advice here from a few people) by disabling ("unchecking") all resolutions except 1080p on my Extender, from the video setup menu when you first boot up the box. I had originally checked everything from 1080p down to 480i (since the TV "could do" all of it), but that gave me all sorts of problems with resolutions switching, similar to how you describe.
Yeah I found a post saying that too..

I tried it this AM, removed the 480i/p and left the rest and it seemed better this AM..

Now I need my HDHR to confirm,...

Otherwise I like Sage so far
Old 06-25-2008, 03:23 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by -=Jeff=- View Post
Yeah I found a post saying that too..

I tried it this AM, removed the 480i/p and left the rest and it seemed better this AM..

Now I need my HDHR to confirm,...

Otherwise I like Sage so far
If your TV can handle 1080p, you can remove everything but 1080p. You don't have to leave the other HD resolutions. But since your TV is only capable of 720p (you said it has 768), I imagine that setting it at 1080p only would be "forcing" upconversion by your TV of anything coming through... so maybe just set it at 720p only?

Regardless, try just leaving one setting available and not multiple....

BTW, I love Sage too... and I love my HDHRs.
Tuners: 4 tuners via (2) HDHomeruns (100% OTA, DIY antennas in the attic).
Clients: Several HD300s, HD200s, even an old HD100, all on wired LAN. Latest firmware for each.
Old 06-25-2008, 03:50 PM
Sage Advanced User

the allowable inputs on my tv are:

480i/p 720p 1080i/p

It is a Plasma TV and does not have the 1080p fixed display, it is 768 Fixed Display. I will probably set it to 1080p and call it a day. I really need to see how the HD picture of the HDHR compares to the ATSC HD picture..

I should have my HDHR later this week