SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Old 06-25-2008, 08:25 AM
Sage Aficionado

Rolling Lines

Ive read about the ground loop, hum etc, but not sure if that is what pertains to my issue.

I just received my HD100 yesterday and have it hooked up via component cables. When I use 1080i i get rolling lines that go diagnolly from upper left hand part of screen to the bottom right. It happens on everything, including even the Sage menu screen. When I change to 480i its gone.
Old 06-25-2008, 12:00 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippster View Post
Ive read about the ground loop, hum etc, but not sure if that is what pertains to my issue.

I just received my HD100 yesterday and have it hooked up via component cables. When I use 1080i i get rolling lines that go diagnolly from upper left hand part of screen to the bottom right. It happens on everything, including even the Sage menu screen. When I change to 480i its gone.
Try fully unhooking all of your equipment, power included, except for the HD100 and TV. If you still have a problem, try plugging them both into an outlet that is on a different fuse/section of house.

Edit: Also, does this happen with other 1080i sources via component?
Old 06-25-2008, 01:17 PM
Sage Aficionado

Not sure penguin, I had a HD Tuner that used dvi and it didnt do it, ill try hooking that up first via component before I start tearing into the rats nest.
Old 06-25-2008, 09:46 PM
Sage Aficionado

Hooked up the old HD tuner box again via component and it also had the rolling lines, just didnt seem to be as noticeable. Time to start unhooking gear I guess.