SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 06-26-2008, 04:46 PM
Sage Advanced User

HD PVR on WHS wont tune a channel?

I installed the drivers only for the HD PVR. then i installed WHS sagetv. I configured the tuner and it was detected, but it wont load a preview, and the light on the hd pvr box never comes on? any guidance?
Old 06-26-2008, 07:36 PM
Sage Advanced User

I ma be mistaken but I believe there's a known problem with preview not working. If I remember correctly, I just skipped that and set up all of my channels (and my USB-UIRT) in Sage and everything worked fine. Or have you already tried going on past the preview?

Tim
Old 06-27-2008, 07:57 AM
Sage Advanced User

Do you mean preview on the server or client. Just for a note: i use a HP media smart server, no video card. dont know if that matters. The IR blaster works fine. Sage recognizes the HD PVR fine. When i try to watch tv, it doesnt display anything. i look at the light on the HD PVR and it never comes on. I am pretty sure i tried recording and not watching too, no luck. Is the fact that i have the HP WHS making the problem?
Old 06-27-2008, 08:13 AM
Sage Advanced User

I was referring to the preview in the channel/source setup within Sage, but it sounds like that's not your problem. Have you tried the software that comes with the HD-PVR to see if you get anything there.

Mine worked without a hitch, so I'm afraid I don't have much in the way of troubleshooting suggestions.

Tim
Old 06-27-2008, 08:56 AM
Sage Advanced User

First, do you have a home built WHS or the HP Mediasmart? Second, are you trying all of the software via Remote Desktop? I tried the preview software that came with it but it said another device was using the tuner. I will try removing everything i can find that i installed and try again.
Old 06-27-2008, 09:34 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by killervette View Post
First, do you have a home built WHS or the HP Mediasmart? Second, are you trying all of the software via Remote Desktop? I tried the preview software that came with it but it said another device was using the tuner. I will try removing everything i can find that i installed and try again.
Sorry, forgot to mention that I'm on a home-built server. My first setup was via keyboard and monitor, but I did a reformat (for unrelated reasons) and set it up the second time via RDP. Both worked fine.

Make sure SageTV service is stopped. As I understand it, only one application can access the HD-PVR at once, so if SageTV is running, the provided software can't access the device.

It seems like there are several people using the device successfully on WHS, so I don't think that in itself is the source of your problem.

What version of SageTV are you running?

Tim
Old 06-27-2008, 10:49 AM
Sage Advanced User

Dont know the version, just downloaded the demo. the latest i assume. Should i install all the software from Hauppauge on WHS or just the drivers?
Old 06-27-2008, 12:58 PM
Sage Advanced User

Interesting thing...when setting up Sagetv it only gives me the option for composite or svideo....and i have the cable box connected via component. I tried recording something and it gave me no signal? The file for the recording is being created.

Last edited by killervette; 06-27-2008 at 01:15 PM.
Old 06-27-2008, 01:28 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Dont know the version, just downloaded the demo. the latest i assume. Should i install all the software from Hauppauge on WHS or just the drivers?
As far as I know, HD-PVR is only supported in the beta versions of the software, so that would explain why it's not being recognized. Check the beta section of these forums and get the latest beta. I'm confident that will get you back on track.

Tim
Old 06-27-2008, 01:42 PM
Sage Advanced User

awesome, downloading now. i really hope this works. if not, it will give me a good reason to custom build my own server and sell the hp mediasmart, although i like it.
Old 06-27-2008, 01:51 PM
Sage Advanced User

uggg...sage's download server is crawling! 15k/sec blah!
Old 06-27-2008, 04:18 PM
Sage Advanced User

That worked!!!! now i have to figure out how to get the ir blaster to work with sage
Old 06-27-2008, 04:35 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
That worked!!!! now i have to figure out how to get the ir blaster to work with sage
The blaster did give me trouble in WHS. It worked fine the first time, but then when I reformatted my server and re-installed, it wouldn't recognize the blaster. I happened to have a USB-UIRT, so I didn't bother to troubleshoot the issue.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Tim
Old 06-27-2008, 05:03 PM
Sage Advanced User

got it working.....already recording.....good bye cable cards!
Old 11-20-2008, 02:14 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
got it working.....already recording.....good bye cable cards!
How did you get it working? I'm trying to do the same, HD PVR on an HP Mediasmart.