SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 07-03-2008, 12:30 PM
Sage User

Need help installing USB-UIRT Driver

I'm not able to install the drivers for the USB-UIRT. My system (XP Home) always installs a USB > Serial driver when I plug my UIRT in. Even when I remove the driver or try and update the driver it doesn't let me install the 1.4 USB-UIRT one. Its telling me its not the correct driver. Is there a way to force a driver install? This all happened when I updated the chipset drivers and left the USB-UIRT pluged in. During reboot it installed this USB > Serial device. Tried going back to the old drivers but didn't help. Just though about system restore, will try that but if that doesn't work I'm running out of ideas.

Well system restore didn't do anything. Looks like my only option is to reinstall Windows. What a pain.

Last edited by sagepower; 07-03-2008 at 12:58 PM. Reason: update