SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 07-04-2008, 02:02 PM
Sage Advanced User

HVR-2250 Support

It looks as though this card can be ordered from Hauppauge's web-site. When will SageTV support this card? (or does it already?)

Thanks.
________
Suzuki boulevard s50 specifications

Last edited by bmac.to; 03-21-2011 at 05:09 AM.
Old 07-17-2008, 11:45 AM
Sage Aficionado

I too am wondering if this is supported yet?? i checked the hardware compatibility list and do not see it. but was wondering if a beta release or anything supported it yet???
Old 07-25-2008, 07:49 AM

Support Response

I initiated a support request, and here's what I got:

Quote:
Unfortunately, that capture device is not supported. Here is a list of
currently supported capture cards. http://www.sagetv.com/requirements.html

We have not tested nor added support for that card as of this time.

Thanks,

George Oms
SageTV, LLC
http://www.sagetv.com

REQUEST DESCRIPTION: I'm building an htpc with the new Hauppage
WinTV-HVR-2250. I'm considering purchasing SageTV, but I'd like to know if
the software is compatible with that tuner. Have you been able to test it
yet?
I'm a little disappointed that no one has responded here on the forums. If we don't get a reply, I'll test the trial version of sage once I get my 2250 and post the results.
Old 07-25-2008, 08:20 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiyote View Post
I initiated a support request, and here's what I got:

I'm a little disappointed that no one has responded here on the forums. If we don't get a reply, I'll test the trial version of sage once I get my 2250 and post the results.
Did you see this thread?

HVR-2200(2250)

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 07-30-2008, 03:43 PM
Sage Aficionado

Anyone using the HVR-2250 with sage yet? I'm going to pick mine up later this evening and was wondering if anyone had any trouble. Looks like there was a small issue with the 2200 that needs to be addressed. Not sure if it would be the same for the 2250 or not.

Last edited by craigap; 07-30-2008 at 03:46 PM.
Old 07-30-2008, 05:54 PM

Just installed 2250

...and the trial version of SageTV doesn't even recognize that the HVR-2250 is installed in the system. I'll post again if I get it working.
Old 07-31-2008, 01:20 AM
Sage Icon

I'd suggest trying the 6.4.5 beta although the HVR-2200 did get detected in 6.3.10

John
Old 07-31-2008, 08:00 AM

I was able to get SageTV to recognize the tuner card after a few reboots. Other logistical issues with the placement of my server kept me from doing any recording tests, though.
Old 08-01-2008, 08:53 AM
Sage Aficionado

I installed my HVR-2250 last night on the 6.4.5 beta and it detected 7164 analog tuner #1 and #2, but I was unable to get them working properly. I was thinking that there should have been a total of 4 tuners listed, 2 for analog and 2 for digital. I tried the 6.4.6 beta and it was a tiny bit better. Still only saw 2 analog tuners thought. I could add the tuners and get them to display a channel, but everytime I turned the channel it would say no signal. I gave the Wintv app a try and it scanned a total of 265 digital services which is just shy of the 299 that the tuner on my TV can pick up. Either way it was loads better than my 1600 and 1800.
Old 08-01-2008, 01:24 PM
Sage Icon

The HVR-2250 is a 2 tuner card. Each tuner is a hybrid tuner that can record either Analog, QAM or ATSC, but each tuner can only record on one input at a time.

You will only see 2 capture devices under "Add New Source". Each capture device will have multiple available inputs. Maybe including Digital TV Tuner and TV Tuner?

You can add the same capture device multiple times and select different inputs on each occasion, but in total you can only record from 1 input per tuner at a time.

John
Old 08-02-2008, 08:05 PM
Sage Aficionado

So once I add each tuner twice, once to tune analog and once to tune digital, it will show up on the list list of tuners being used-twice?
Old 08-02-2008, 09:05 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigap View Post
So once I add each tuner twice, once to tune analog and once to tune digital, it will show up on the list list of tuners being used-twice?
It does get messy because of the inconsistent terminology used. The cards have only 2 capture devices, but multiple source inputs (Digital and Analog tuners, S-video, Composite etc)

Yes, you will end up with 4 input sources showing in the Setup Video Sources panel (if you configure both Analog and Digital on both "tuners"), but in the View Recording Schedule parallel view it will only show as 2 capture devices.

As you can only record on one input per capture device at a time, scheduled recordings for both the Digital and Analog tuners are listed on the same column.

John
Old 08-04-2008, 11:35 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by enzominator View Post
I too am wondering if this is supported yet?? i checked the hardware compatibility list and do not see it. but was wondering if a beta release or anything supported it yet???
I am also using the HVR-2250 with the lastest SageTV beta release (6.4.6). I was able to add both analog tuners and both DigitalTV (QAM) sources to my setup. I haven't tested ATSC OTA, but I'd imagine it works just fine.
Old 08-05-2008, 05:47 AM
Sage Advanced User

I received this card last week and installed SageTV this past weekend for the first time. I started with the latest non-beta version with no luck (strange error messages) but then I switched to the beta version. I added the two tuners with a digital tuner otpion and then added the two tuners (for a total of four) with an analog tuner option. This setup works fine for OTA - it took me a while to get the channel lists created but all is fine now.

The only problems I have had are unrelated to the support for this card (remote control, audio only two channel, hardware mpeg2 support on ATI graphics card does not seem to be used, etc).

FYI, tuner card is connected to an external antenna - tuning performance appears to be close to the tuner built into my hdtv.
________
MARIJUANA TRICHOMES

Last edited by bmac.to; 03-21-2011 at 05:09 AM.
Old 08-08-2008, 10:19 AM
Sage Advanced User

Looks like a decent card. Here is a link to the card's specs:

http://www.hauppauge.com/site/produc...a_hvr2250.html

Looks like the latest STV release candidate has support for the HVR-2200:

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34549

Official HVR-2250 support can't be far behind.
STV 9.1.5.683 / Vista Premium / Compaq Presario SR-5550F / AMD Athlon 64 X2 5400 / nvidia GeForce 8400GS / 3 GB DDR2 / 500 GB SATA / 1 TB SATA / M2N68-LA Motherboard / Hauppauge HVR-1250 / Hauppauge HVR-1600 / 2 x STX-HD100 / OTA / Channel Master FLATenna 35
Old 08-28-2008, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmac.to View Post
I received this card last week and installed SageTV this past weekend for the first time. I started with the latest non-beta version with no luck (strange error messages) but then I switched to the beta version. I added the two tuners with a digital tuner otpion and then added the two tuners (for a total of four) with an analog tuner option. This setup works fine for OTA - it took me a while to get the channel lists created but all is fine now.

The only problems I have had are unrelated to the support for this card (remote control, audio only two channel, hardware mpeg2 support on ATI graphics card does not seem to be used, etc).

FYI, tuner card is connected to an external antenna - tuning performance appears to be close to the tuner built into my hdtv.
Maybe I'm missing something, but I can only get the 2 analog tuners to show up with the 2250. If I go back and try to add them again(first time TV Tuner, 2nd time as a Digital TV Tuner) they only seem to change the source of the tuner, not add a new tuner for each source. Any ideas what I might be missing?? I'm using Comcast digital cable & have an HDTV & a standard tv. Both are hooked up with the HD-100 extenders.

Thanks!
Old 08-28-2008, 09:01 PM
Sage Advanced User

I have w x HVR-2200. Works fine with latest SageTV and DVB-T but not on S-Video. I logged a but and it indicated that the 2200 (2250) was a very different card and full support was not available yet as a capture card
Old 10-01-2008, 02:25 PM

SageTV and the HVR-2250

I am using SageTV with the 2250 and Windows XP w/ SP3. I am able to get the 5 "in the clear" HD channels from my local cable tv provider. When I first used WinTV 6 from Hauppauge the scan only could find 3 channels and the program seemed very buggy. WinTV 6 doesn't really fully support the 2250 and I was told a totally new release should be out within a few weeks.

SageTV (trial version) does alot and has a pretty large manual that goes with it. It will take me a while to get used to using it. I am able to record and playback without any problems. I also was able to burn the MP2 video to a DVD and it plays and looks quite good even though the HD isn't there anymore. I am waiting for some more BD-RE disks to burn in HD later this week using Nero Vision and my LG GGW-H20L burner.

I still haven't figured out the SageTV's tuner setup. I haven't been able to find any normal analog cable channels as of yet.

Michael
Old 10-07-2008, 03:46 PM
Sage Advanced User

Has anybody tried the beta drivers from Hauppauge for 64-bit Vista located here?

ftp://haupauge.com/Support/HVR2250/hvr-2250_beta_64.zip

They are newer than what comes with CD_4.7.
________
Super Sport

Last edited by bmac.to; 03-21-2011 at 05:16 AM.
Old 10-07-2008, 04:52 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelT1960 View Post
I am using SageTV with the 2250 and Windows XP w/ SP3. I am able to get the 5 "in the clear" HD channels from my local cable tv provider. When I first used WinTV 6 from Hauppauge the scan only could find 3 channels and the program seemed very buggy. WinTV 6 doesn't really fully support the 2250 and I was told a totally new release should be out within a few weeks.

SageTV (trial version) does alot and has a pretty large manual that goes with it. It will take me a while to get used to using it. I am able to record and playback without any problems. I also was able to burn the MP2 video to a DVD and it plays and looks quite good even though the HD isn't there anymore. I am waiting for some more BD-RE disks to burn in HD later this week using Nero Vision and my LG GGW-H20L burner.

I still haven't figured out the SageTV's tuner setup. I haven't been able to find any normal analog cable channels as of yet.

Michael
It sounds like you may have only added only the QAM tuners. There should also be two other tuners for the NTSC capabilites that you need to add