SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Media Extender
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Media Extender Discussion related to any SageTV Media Extender used directly by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to a SageTV supported media extender should be posted here. Use the SageTV HD Theater - Media Player forum for issues related to using an HD Theater while not connected to a SageTV server.

Old 07-10-2008, 02:49 PM
Sage User

Interface slow to respond and studder

I just set up my new HD100 and was quite impressed with how easy it was. Now that I've been using it a couple of days I have noticed a couple problems. The first is that using the remote in the interface seems to not respond sometimes, I frequently have to hit a key twice to get it to switch menu items or start playing. Secondly, I have noticed on HD content (live or recorded) that when I start to watch it will studder (no sound or video) several times, then after a couple minutes it calms down and plays the rest of the show just fine. Ocassionally after fast forwarding it will skip once or twice then play smoothly. I am using the current non-beta firmware and Sage 6.3.10. I have tried 6.4.4 with the beta firmware and the studder problem seems to be quite a bit less, but I have other problems with channel reception when using 6.4.4, so I went back. I have my recording drive formatted with 64k clusters and have gigabit connectivity with my pc. I am running Vista, but have disabled superfetch. What other things can I check? Thanks!
Old 07-10-2008, 05:47 PM
SageTVaholic

Most common items causing these symptoms:

- Old version of Java. Make sure you have the latest and greatest.

- Java Heap size. Check the Java Heap numbers in System Information. It will be in the form xxx/yyy/zzz. If yyy is only slightly smaller than zzz you need to increase the heap size.

- Recording drive can't keep up. Sound like you are OK there. Anything else hitting the drive? You may also want to go into the settings and disable the automatic scanning of the import directories.

- Network issues. What's your topology?

- Weak battery in the remote. I know, this is silly. But it is easy to forget.

If that does not work please post more details about your setup and how you are using it.

Tom

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 07-14-2008, 08:26 AM
Sage User

Thanks for the checklist. I updated to the 6.4.5 beta this weekend and the new 20080710 firmware and things are working very smoothly now.