SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 10-18-2008, 06:13 AM
Sage User

Hauppauge 2250

So I guess the Key question is SageTv ever going to support the 2250?

I have not seen on answer from SageTV support as to future plans are updates.

MC
Old 10-18-2008, 01:54 PM
Sage User

Well, I installed my 2250, and was able to add the analog Tuner 1 without issue. Analog tuner 2 for some reason had no sound. (???)

I used the latest Beta drivers 080916_22xx_7.3.28.26259.

I then tried using the two replacement Sage files found earlier in this thread. Afterward, the Analog #2 had sound, but now the Clear QAM channels were all NO SIGNAL. Not sure what's going on there.

I guess for now I'll just have to pretend it's a PVR-500 and forget QAM/ATSC. It would be nice if Sage and Hauppauge would get together and straighten this thing out. I understand that the 2250 is selling like crazy.

If it ever gets correctly supported, then I'll have to figure out how to deal with the clear-qam channels from my cable company. I have to select Antenna/Broadcast for the tuning source, and then just scan for them, since there's no EPG. It find 11 channels, but of course since there's no EPG to select (Digital Broadcast line-up isn't right, and no Cable selections list them), they're just shown by their number (ie: 56-2-1) and no show info.

I have a Fusion5 that's tuning Over The Air HD without issue, and the local Digital Broadcast EPG is correct for it, but as I said, the channel numbers are totally different than QAM.

It would be nice if the Clear QAM was available as a local EPG selection (IE: COX Houston Clear-QAM), since I'm sure many people with HD QAM cards would like to be able to choose their local QAM channels for EPG matching.
Old 10-19-2008, 01:13 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclement60 View Post
So I guess the Key question is SageTv ever going to support the 2250?

I have not seen on answer from SageTV support as to future plans are updates.

MC
I sure hope they do too. I just ordered 2, one for me, and one for my dad.
Old 10-19-2008, 02:42 PM
Sage User

Thumbs up 4 tuners (2250 2x analog cable and 1600 1x analog cable, 1x ATSC)

Many thanks to you for the fix! Just installed the 2250 yesterday but had so many problems I was beginning to think it was defective.

Prior to that, MediaMVP crashed every time after watching a show in real time that was also being recorded. I had to cycle power each time.

And the second tuner on the 2250 gave an error every couple of minutes saying it needed an updated driver, even after I updated the driver from the mfg website and rebooted. And, it would not record any data on either tuner after installing the second tuner.

After installing the new files and changing sage properties (and reboot) I just recorded 4 shows simultaneously without a hitch.

Thank you SageTV.
Capture: 2 Hauppauge PVR-500 (each using dual analog cable tuners)
Clients: 3 MVP (usually only 2 in use at one time)
Old 10-20-2008, 12:20 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by DON3k View Post
I used the latest Beta drivers 080916_22xx_7.3.28.26259.

Where did you get the beta drivers from. I was just on the Hauppauge site, and they aren't showing any beta drivers for this device.
Old 10-20-2008, 05:59 PM
Sage User

Message #20 in this thread has the link to the Beta drivers.
Old 10-21-2008, 09:36 AM
Sage Advanced User

New versions of the fix files are available.

For TSplitter.ax, the latest is 2.0.10.14
For DShowCapture.dll, the latest is 2.0.10.13

They can be found in the usual qian/6.4.1 location (Qian must update them from time to time).

The reason I know this is I found a bug that Qian had already fixed which you can read about in the following thread.

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36089

Hope this helps somebody.
________
Gang Bang Party

Last edited by bmac.to; 03-21-2011 at 05:18 AM.
Old 10-21-2008, 09:38 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmac.to View Post
New versions of the fix files are available.

For TSplitter.ax, the latest is 2.0.10.14
For DShowCapture.dll, the latest is 2.0.10.13

They can be found in the usual qian/6.4.1 location (Qian must update them from time to time).

Where is the location of these files?

EDIT: Nevermind... found it via google:
http://download.sage.tv/users/qian/6.4.1/TSSplitter.ax
http://download.sage.tv/users/qian/6...howCapture.dll
Clients: 1x STP-HD300; 1x Acer Aspire Revo 3610 (Atom/Ion) w/ SageTV client (Win 7, EVR, FSE on)

Last edited by LehighBri; 10-21-2008 at 09:44 AM.
Old 10-21-2008, 05:24 PM
Sage User

I have tried all the posts suggestions and still can't get mine to work (my 2nd tuner)...
Anytime I try to add that tuner it tries to load a video preview and crashes the service all together.
Why will one work and the other wont?
Old 10-22-2008, 08:16 AM

Unhappy

I also cannot get the Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-2250 card to work with SageTV. It won't see the ATSC digital channels at all which is a real bummer because it works fine with Vista MCE (Home Premium - x32)...

* merged *

Last edited by morte; 10-22-2008 at 12:31 PM.
Old 10-22-2008, 10:34 AM
Sage Aficionado

I had the same issues with the HVR-2250's second tuner not working and causing everything to crash. I would get some Java error generated in the sage folder each time it happened. I don't kow what it meant. I have a dual boot system with XP Home SP3 and Vista HP x64 and I tried the tuner with both OS's and sage, but I got the same errors everytime. I decided to RMA the Card figuring there must be something wrong with the second tuner since others were getting it working. I got the new one, did a complete reformat of the entire HDD, Installed only XP home SP2, updated it right before SP3 then reloaded Sagetv and Latest drivers for everything. I put just the HVR-2250 in my computer and booted it up. I added tuner 1 no problem (Only did QAM by the way), then tried #2 and was able to add the tuner. I tried using the option of using an existing lineup for the tuner instead of doing a second QAM scan, but the #2 Tuner still wouldn't tune anything. Just got NO SIGNAL. I then tried to do a second QAM scan with the #2 Tuner and it didn't pick up any channnels. Told it to do a scan again and that time it worked. So finally after tons of emails to support and an RMA finally got the thing working QAM on XP Home SP3 (I installed SP3 after I got it working). Only problem now is I'm forced to keep my setup in Overlay since it stutters HD in VMR9. I'm going to reload Vista HP x64 and see if I can get it working on that. Just to be clear, I haven't installed any of those updates in the links in the previous posts.
Old 10-22-2008, 10:44 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by morte View Post
I also cannot get the Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-2250 card to work with SageTV. It won't see the ATSC digital channels at all which is a real bummer because it works fine with Vista MCE (Home Premium - x32)...

* merged *
file a bug report.
Old 10-23-2008, 12:03 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigap View Post
Just to be clear, I haven't installed any of those updates in the links in the previous posts.
If you don't install the updates, you WILL have ongoing problems.

John
Old 10-23-2008, 05:41 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JREkiwi View Post
And, the above files are now part of this beta topic:
SageTV Beta for Windows: DShowCapture.dll and TSSplitter.ax.

Any updates for whose files will be posted there.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 10-24-2008, 08:55 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by JREkiwi View Post

John
Well, I updated those files and they gave me ongoing problems. Constant slowdowns and lockups.
Guess I broke the Cardinal Rule of, If it ain't broke don't fix it. Roled them back to the original and everything works perfectly. Oh well.
Old 10-24-2008, 12:42 PM
Sage Icon

I just ordered one of these and I'm hoping for a Monday delivery.
Do I need to apply the fixed files for this to work correctly?
I'm hoping to utilize both QAM tuners and both analog tuners as well.
Old 10-24-2008, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by donkey View Post
file a bug report.
I think I will. I have messed around with those other files and drivers extensively and I can't get it to work with SageTV at all..
Old 10-25-2008, 10:11 PM
Sage User

close, but not quite

Decided to give SageTV and the 2250 another try today. It's very close. The only problem now is the 2nd QAM tuner tunes the wrong channel. For example, I set it to 9-1 and it actually tunes 7-1. This is only a problem on the 2nd tuner and is very repeatable.

Other than that, everything seems to work.

My setup is:
-Vista Premium 32
-Latest released SageTV
-latest updated dll and ax file from Qian
-fast seek setting=false in properties file
-Comcast cable with analog and digital clear QAM
-Tuner #2 is using Tuner #1 lineup for QAM (I didn't attempt to rescan the QAM channels using the 2nd tuner - maybe that's the problem ?).
-I have UAC enabled and SageTV installed into c:\myapps
-I'm using the SageTV service (and had to manually enable full file access permissions to the current nonadmin user for the c:\myapps folder to get Sage to work --- another story).

I also tried the prerelease driver from Hauppauge but that's even worse. Got a hyperactive swirling circle (at about 5x normal speed) that seemed to lock Sage.
Old 10-26-2008, 11:15 AM
Sage User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave62 View Post

-Tuner #2 is using Tuner #1 lineup for QAM (I didn't attempt to rescan the QAM channels using the 2nd tuner - maybe that's the problem ?).
Tried scanning channels for 2nd tuner. That tooner now tunes to the correct channels. But! Tuner 1 now has the problem of confusing QAM channels !
Old 10-30-2008, 01:42 PM
Sage User

Thought I'd give a quick update. The 2250 now seems to be working properly on my system, both analog and clear qam for both tuners. Sage support was fantastic in helping me solve this. The solution (for me!) was to copy the .frq file for the working tuner to the other tuner.

Thanks Sage support !