SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 07-22-2008, 05:45 PM
Sage Advanced User

Photo Screensaver

I did a bit of searching and have yet to find any information regarding this so why no ask. Ok so I have sage setup to use pictures from my photo gallery as the screensaver and I have over 15,000 pictures yet Sage continues to show me the same pictures over and over again. Is there anything I can do to have Sage randomize the pictures it shows as the screensaver?
Old 07-23-2008, 05:10 AM
Sage Aficionado

You might want to contact support for this one. I use the photo screen saver and it is random. It seems to pick a few from the same folder in a row but is random other than that. One day we were watching it and it seemed to only be picking pictures of my oldest daughter. But the pictures were from many different years in many different folders and most only had the cryptic name given by the digital camera. It did this for probably more than 15 minutes. Other than that it has always been random.

Wayne
Old 07-23-2008, 05:31 AM
SageTVaholic

Are all 15,000 pictures viewable on that client from within the normal sage picture viewer?

unRAID Server: i7-6700, 32GB RAM, Dual 128GB SSD cache and 13TB pool, with SageTVv9, openDCT, Logitech Media Server and Plex Media Server each in Dockers.
Sources: HRHR Prime with Charter CableCard. HDHR-US for OTA.
Primary Client: HD-300 through XBoxOne in Living Room, Samsung HLT-6189S
Other Clients: Mi Box in Master Bedroom, HD-200 in kids room
Old 07-23-2008, 07:56 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
Are all 15,000 pictures viewable on that client from within the normal sage picture viewer?
Yes all the pictures are viewable if I view them through sage picture viewer. I can go to any folder listed in the view and start a slideshow and it will display all the photos but when the screen save comes up 9 times out of 10 it will show the same pictures. Te pictures won't be in the same order but they wil be the same ones. If I add new pictures to the directory I will occasionally get some of those pictures shown but for some reason Sage love showing me pictures of my little cousin's prom.
Old 07-23-2008, 08:29 AM
Administrator

What STV are you using? You've got older posts saying you are using SageMC.

The default STV starts the photo screen saver at a random location & then continues in order from there, with the order depending on your photo browser's sorting setting.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 07-23-2008, 10:10 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
What STV are you using? You've got older posts saying you are using SageMC.

The default STV starts the photo screen saver at a random location & then continues in order from there, with the order depending on your photo browser's sorting setting.

- Andy
Yes I'm using SageMC, what I'll do is switch to the standard STV and see what happens.

* moved *
Old 07-31-2008, 01:25 PM
Sage Advanced User

Ok so after a few days I've noticed that I have the same issues when using the default STV as I do with using the MCE STV. Pictures are shown but it's always the same pictures. I can browse all the pictures through Sage but it seems like the screensaver part of Sage just doesn't scale well with a large amount of pictures.
Old 07-31-2008, 04:51 PM
SageTVaholic

I've got 5,500 and they are all displayed as expected.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 08-01-2008, 10:15 AM
Sage Advanced User

So when sage displays your photos as a screen saver it goes through all of them and you don't see any repeated photo's minutes or hours later?
Old 08-01-2008, 10:20 AM
Sage Expert

I am using the default STV and I noticed happening this as well yesterday afternoon. I have several folders (2003, 2004, 2005 ...) with several thousands of images each (12 thousands total) and Sage was playing one folder (1875 images) and I saw one set of images at least twice yesterday afternoon. The images are the first (name wise and time wise) in the folder so it seemed like it played the same folder at least twice.
Old 08-01-2008, 12:41 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by that_kid View Post
So when sage displays your photos as a screen saver it goes through all of them and you don't see any repeated photo's minutes or hours later?
Correct. It starts at some random photo and then progresses through the various folders I have with pictures in them. I have all of my photos stored in one place in a directory called "photos". There are lots of subdirectories corresponding to when the photos were taken.

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.