SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 08-05-2008, 09:32 AM
Sage Expert

Problem scanning QAM channels with HVR-1600

I've been toying with my setup and now I've really mucked things up. I have a new HVR-1600 and two pvr150s. I set up the TS side of the 1600 and scanned the channels using QAM. I came up with 10. I then assigned the physical value for scanned channels to their matching channels in the guide (by station call letter). I also changed the logical channel number to group them all together (700 range).

This worked well until I noticed that a favorites recording of the Summer Olympics that I had assigned to only record on the QAM station was not listed as an upcoming recording. When I searched the guide data the Summer Olympics was listed but when I went into the favorites recording page on the webserver it said there were no future airings in the database. Strangely, I have other programs like Jay Leno and Conan scheduled on that QAM station and they were scheduled to be recorded.

So onto the part where things got messy. I went to each channel I had physically and logically mapped and had then revert back to their default values. I then removed the TS source. I rebooted the machine and then readded the TS source and went through the wizard and used the same settings as before for setting up my guide. When I scanned the QAM channels this time, I only found one channel. The other channels that I previously had are no longer listed in the channel list. The channels play fine in WinTV.

I'm thinking/hoping that it has something to do with the guide data as even before I scanned for QAM channels, I had two stations that I had not previously assigned already in the list. Is there a way to clear out the old guide data so that I am starting with a clean slate?

Last edited by dinki; 08-05-2008 at 09:36 AM.
Old 08-05-2008, 12:43 PM
Sage Expert

Since SageTV Favorites doesn't use Logical Numbers or Physical Numbers to set recordings I doubt this was ever your issue.

I've had this same issue where *something* in the program Guide Data wouldn't match my favorite and I had to either select the orphaned show and create a new favorite or just set a manual recording.

-- -- --

To reset your QAM tuners, please look at this thread: SETUP WinTV HVR-1600 with QAM

Also, if you have a QAM_FRQ_CACHE.ENABLE file in your /sagetv/sagetv directory, try deleting it. Then start SageTV and try another scan.