SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 08-11-2008, 08:28 PM
Sage Advanced User

Question Firewire recording + HDPVR on one cable box

I have a dilemma. Right now I have a DCH3200 HD cable box doing firewire recordings using SGR AND I have my HDPVR hooked up to the component out. The reason for this is I can get all of the channels over firewire EXCEPT for the premiums (HBO, Showtime).

So my lineup is this:

Firewire - All channels except 400-432, 610, and 615
HDPVR - 400-432, 610, and 615.

The problem is, if I'm not careful I can schedule a recording on channel 215 (firewire), and channel 615 (HDPVR) at the same time. What happens is that the firewire will tune to 215 and start the capture, then the HDPVR (via exetuner) will tune to 615 and start a capture. The end result is that the firewire capture is blank (due to 5c on ch 615), or the end result can be that the HDPVR ends up recording the show on 215 instead of 615.

SO my goal is to try and set something up so that Sage can tell that the two tuners/lineups are using the same box and so will use conflict resolution. I've looked at the mmc/encoders lines in the properties and thought that maybe I can somehow combine the two physical tuners into one mmc/encoders set. The problem is that then both tuners will try to use the same base properties set, which could be bad so I'm afraid to try.

Any good ideas?
Old 04-01-2009, 02:15 PM
Sage Icon

Same here....

I have the same exact issue as mentioned above. Did you ever find a resolution to this issue other than being careful not to setup recordings that conflict?