SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 08-12-2008, 04:26 PM
Sage Advanced User

Adapting Netflix WMP plugin for other WDRM Media

Hi All

I have been toying with the idea of going back to STV for our living room (it currently languishes in the spare bedroom). One of the main stumbling blocks is STV's inability to play DRMed media from sources like Amazon unbox, cinemanow, etc.

It's my understanding that there is a Netflix watchnow plugin that uses an embedded version of WMP to play back WDRM media? Is there any way this could be adapted for locally stored media? I'm thinking of something that just lets you load a locally stored file.

I understand that SageMC can launch an external player, but I've never been able to get the remote commands, focus, etc working reliably-also, the loopback feature looks appealing.

Thanks!
F
Old 08-12-2008, 08:29 PM
Sage Fanatic

If you can play the files with the WMP then the custom NetFlix player should be able to play those files...
Old 08-12-2008, 09:12 PM
Sage Advanced User

Interesting-will the plugin still work even if you don't have a netflix account?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan111 View Post
If you can play the files with the WMP then the custom NetFlix player should be able to play those files...
Old 08-12-2008, 11:33 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyodor View Post
Interesting-will the plugin still work even if you don't have a netflix account?
The account is only necessary for netflix video listing and streaming or downloading netflix content. The custom player could be used independent of the NetFlix features using the NetFlixViewer.exe and NetFlixViewerJNI.dll.
Old 11-19-2008, 12:45 PM
Sage User

Quote:
The account is only necessary for netflix video listing and streaming or downloading netflix content. The custom player could be used independent of the NetFlix features using the NetFlixViewer.exe and NetFlixViewerJNI.dll.
I am trying to get this working by setting NetFlixViewer.exe as my external video player in SageMC like so:

"c:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\NetFlixViewer.exe" %1

Do I need a command line param to load a local file? Whats the format of the calls to netflixviewer? Are there any other params I can/should pass in? Thanks!
Old 11-19-2008, 11:25 PM
Sage Fanatic

I'm afraid it is not as simple as that. Filename, title, status information... is passed in a shared memory structure. The player also closes itself if the status information there indicates that SageTV has hung up or died. That interface is handled in the dll which is is driven by calls from the Sage STV.
Old 11-20-2008, 12:30 PM
Sage User

Quote:
I'm afraid it is not as simple as that. Filename, title, status information... is passed in a shared memory structure. The player also closes itself if the status information there indicates that SageTV has hung up or died. That interface is handled in the dll which is is driven by calls from the Sage STV.
Ah ok, I will try other routes then that sounds more complex than I want to get into currently...just converting over from vista MCE and am a .net developer not a java guy :\
Old 11-26-2008, 11:44 AM
Sage User

Okay I'm a total noob so go easy on me...how do I install the NetFlixViewer.exe and NetFlixViewerJNI.dll?
I'm using the netflix plugin but can't watch "watch it now" movies if it's set to custom player but I can if it's set to IE.