SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 08-13-2008, 10:28 AM
SageTVaholic

Modifying Screen Page with menu item

Is there an easy way to add a menu item to a screen? I'm probably not saying this correctly, but here's what I mean:

On the main menu I see "Movies"
Once I select "Movies" from the main menu, it opens up the "movies" screen. I would like to have a menu item for "netflix" on that movies screen. I also would like to do the same thing for music - put Pandora on the music screen.

Is this possible (maybe with dynamic menus) without messing with the STV itself? My goal here would be to make the main menu as simple as possible. TV, Movies, Music, Photos & Settings would be the main menu items. Then you'd be able to drill down to Movies and see all the normal movie stuff, but also Neflix and any other future add-on that is developed related to movies.
Old 08-13-2008, 01:07 PM
SageTVaholic

Hi Brent,

You can create a new submenu using dynamic menus. You can give it any name and icon you like. Once the submenu is created, then enter that submenu and create menu items for any internal screens you want linked there. You cannot add new menu items to any internal screens without making modifications in Studio. HTH

Aloha,
Mike
Old 08-13-2008, 01:13 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui View Post
You cannot add new menu items to any internal screens without making modifications in Studio. HTH
That's what I was thinking Mike. I'll have to see if I want a submenu or not - not really sure that's how I'll do it. Thanks,