SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 08-14-2008, 06:44 AM
Sage User

Send a message via AIM to zjennings
Unhappy QAM issues ... ugh! HVR-1800, 6.4 RC, Vista 64 bit

Background: I just upgraded my server to a brand new quad-core HP running Vista Home Premium 64 bit (soon to be upgraded to Ultimate 64 bit), 6GB of RAM, 750GB drive, NVIDIA Geforce 9500 GS w/ 512MB, and a Hauppauge HVR-1800.

I read in other posts that the Admins said to use the newest 6.4 release candidate (fixed some QAM issues with 1600 and 1800 cards). So I installed that. I also read that I had to upgrade my Hauppauge driver, I did that too.

Here are my issues:

1. I cannot get EPG Data to show up for QAM channels (only on extremely rare occasions, like this morning NBC-HD showed "No Data" up until "Today Show", other channels just show "No Data"). I tried "Remap to logical channel number" but that didn't work. So I tried "Remap to physical channel number" and that blew away my FOX-HD channel. So now I have to run the long scanning process all over again (maybe this is an RTFM case, if so, I apologize in advance).

2. And this might be a bug in 6.4 RC. If there is a long enough sequence of black frames (grater than half a second), watching live tv (live or back at all on a live stream, haven't tried it on recorded shows yet), the screen goes black and stays black! I have to quickly rewind a couple 10 second jumps to get back into where it did see video, then use the 2 minute jump to get past the offending commercial(s).

Any help would be appreciated. I don't want to have to use MCE, but these kind of bugs are killing my WAF (and she doesn't want to learn something new). I absolutely love SageTV and really want to get this working. I know the hardware is on the Supported list, that's why I went with this setup.

Thanks,
Zach
Old 08-15-2008, 01:06 PM
Sage User

Send a message via AIM to zjennings
Problem 1 solved

Ok, Problem 1 solved. Found instructions in the forums.

I guess I'll try 6.4.8 and see if that fixed the bug (Problem 2). If not I'll submit a bug report.

Zach