SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 08-14-2008, 12:32 PM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via AIM to debennett2
This is driving me insane now. For weeks I have been wrestling with getting hdhr working with Sage again. I am now on lthe latest firmware for hdhr and using 6.4.6. I checked in advanced settings for updates. I did what the first post says to do. I have the channels but no guide data. That is usually my big beef with this. Why can't this just work for once?! Having no guide data is as bad as having no tv in my house. We dont use livetv.

Thanks for any pointers on this.
Old 08-14-2008, 01:15 PM
Sage Icon

What are you using for a source?

Does it say "no data" after being steup correctly? If so just wait it download like 2 weeks of data if you have 300 channels thats quite a data table.
Old 08-14-2008, 03:23 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by debennett2 View Post
This is driving me insane now. For weeks I have been wrestling with getting hdhr working with Sage again. I am now on lthe latest firmware for hdhr and using 6.4.6. I checked in advanced settings for updates. I did what the first post says to do. I have the channels but no guide data. That is usually my big beef with this. Why can't this just work for once?! Having no guide data is as bad as having no tv in my house. We dont use livetv.

Thanks for any pointers on this.

As CollinR asked, what are you using for a source? OTA? QAM? If you are using QAM, did you follow the new instructions on silicondust's website that states you have to rename the channels to Zap2it's website? After doing the scan within the HDHomerun's software, it got all of my channels right with the exception of one. I had to rename it to what Zap2it calls the channel and all was right in the world.

Honestly, the new firmware, software and Sage 6.4.7 made setting up QAM a breeeeezzzeee.....Unlike when I first setup QAM tuning about a year ago and it took hours of trial and error.
Sage Server: AMD Athlon II 630, Asrock 785G motherboard, 3GB of RAM, 500GB OS HD in RAID 1 and 2 - 750GB Recording Drives, HDHomerun, Avermedia HD Duet & 2-HDPVRs, and 9.0TB storage in RAID 5 via Dell Perc 5i for DVD storage
Source: Clear QAM and OTA for locals, 2-DishNetwork VIP211's
Clients: 2 Sage HD300's, 2 Sage HD200's, 2 Sage HD100's, 1 MediaMVP, and 1 Placeshifter
Old 08-15-2008, 12:51 PM
Sage User

I feel your pain, I have bought 2 extenders, HD-PVR and have for the last month or so been trying to get EPG data (OTA from HDHR remapped to cable listing), I went from Vista to XP, from betas to last non-beta (which I I got EPG data for the first time, but had problems changing channels).

I have spent so much on hardware but am at the point of going to VMC, but the people on the forum here are fantastic, the updates from Sage again fantastic, tech support is very responsive (although they may be getting fed up with all my problems), I really want this to work. Will have to try the latest beta that just came out.

if you solve your EPG problem please let me know how you did it.
Old 08-15-2008, 04:01 PM
Sage Advanced User

Hmm - why are you trying to remap the HDHR OTA feed to a cable listing? There should be a OTA channel listing for your area you can select during the tuner setup. At least, that is how I remember the setup working for me - took all of maybe 10 minutes to "install" the HDHR (with no remapping) and I was up and running...
Old 08-15-2008, 06:41 PM
Sage User

Just tried that as well with the new beta, still no luck.
Old 08-15-2008, 07:27 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonSS View Post
Just tried that as well with the new beta, still no luck.
I would open a support ticket with SageTV, but you have probably already done that.

One other thing you can try is remove all of your sources and start adding them again from scratch, starting with the HD-PVR. To completely remove them, shut down SageTV, open you sage.properties file (back it up first), and delete all of the encoder properties. They will be the properties that start with mmc/encoders/... Save the file, restart SageTV, and go through the video source setup. When you set up the HD-PVR select the proper EPG source from the available selections.

Once you get this source working properly, then you can add the HDHR sources. You will probably want to copy the HD-PVR lineup for the HDHR's. If you try to use the same lineup (without copying it), most of the channels will likely get disabled when you do the channel scan using the channel info from the HDHR setup software.

Aloha,
Mike

Last edited by MeInMaui; 08-15-2008 at 07:35 PM.