SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV BETA Release Products > SageTV Beta Test Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Beta Test Software Discussion related to BETA Releases of the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. regarding SageTV Beta Releases should be posted here.

Old 08-17-2008, 11:15 AM
Sage User

HD Photo on Media Extender

Can anyone tell me exactly what the HD Photo on Media Extender enhancement was meant to do?

Most of my photos are 2048 x 1536 (regular digital camera aspect ratio). They don't look any better than they did before. I have my media extender connected via component out to a rear projection tv.

I took a couple of wide screen photos to see what happens, they do display on the latest beta (I hadn't tried this on previous versions).

So I guess my question is, was this enhancement to make photos look better on the meda extender? Was it the ability to display wide screen format? Or something else completely different?

Thanks.
Old 08-17-2008, 12:35 PM
Administrator

It uses the full playback output resolution of the HD100 to display the photos rather than only using the UI resolution.

What is the output resolution you are using? That is shown on the System Info screen & is selectable in the Multimedia section of Detailed Setup. (The actual available resolutions are set in the HD1000's settings menu before connecting to a server.)

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 08-18-2008, 06:29 PM
Sage User

Andy, I had all resolutions checked up to 1080i on the Extender settings screen before choosing a server. 480i was defaulted so I changed that to default to 1080i. 480i was also selected in the Multimedia settings section of Detailed Setup, I also changed this to 1080i. But, I'm still not noticing any difference. Do you think it could just be that I'm using a rear projection and the changes aren't that noticable? Has anyone else using a rear projection tv noticed any improvement for photos?
Old 08-19-2008, 07:38 PM
Sage Aficionado

No, not really, but then my eye is probably not as well trained as others.