SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 08-21-2008, 03:16 PM
SageTVaholic

Exclamation Request for SageMC Bug Reports

Hi Everyone,

I'm working on squashing bugs in SageMC and I would appreciate your help. If you are aware of any specific bugs, please post them in this thread with a detailed description of the bug and how to reproduce it. I won't guarantee that I can fix everything, but I'll address as many as I can.

Also, please do not post any feature requests in this thread. Brent has already started another thread for that. I'm just looking for existing bugs. Thanks.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 08-21-2008, 04:04 PM
SageTVaholic

I've got two off the top of my head...

1) The 9-key text input (the one used when your searching for a favorite) has some letters capitalized and some letters not.
2) The Airing Time favorite option appears to not be working correctly. I'm not sure what it's intended functionality is, but I was adding a favorite I know airs like 5 times a day and i was only given a single option, possibly just the next available airing.

I don't mind getting my hands dirty so what's an easy way I (or any other interested user) could squash bugs and send you the fixes?
Old 08-21-2008, 04:07 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpenguin View Post
I don't mind getting my hands dirty so what's an easy way I (or any other interested user) could squash bugs and send you the fixes?
Let me think about that. Thanks!

Aloha,
Mike
Old 08-21-2008, 05:28 PM
SageTVaholic

Tell me if any of these should be considered more of a feature request than bug fix - I'll strike them from this post if they aren't considered bugs:
  • EDIT: NOT AN ISSUE... Videos - Stop requiring the video_ts folder for dvdprofiler imports to work in SageMC (default stv already made this change recently)
  • Update the SageMC STV to include the newest online video functionality from the default STV 6.4
  • Fix the SageMC music by-song page bug
For those looking for a place to post your feature requests for SageMC, put them in this SageMC Requests thread and I'll keep track of them in the original post.

Thanks,

UPDATE:
My issue above with not requiring the video_ts folder had nothing to do with SageMC. I was ripping movies without the "video_ts.vob" file which the update to SageTV 6.4 requires to combine ripped DVD files and recognize them as a single movie (without being in a "video_ts" folder. As long as you include the "video_ts.vob" file and the "video_ts.bup" file SageTV (default and MC) will import all ripped dvd files as a single movie even when not in a video_ts folder.

Last edited by Brent; 10-08-2008 at 08:11 PM.
Old 08-21-2008, 05:28 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilpenguin View Post
I've got two off the top of my head...

1) The 9-key text input (the one used when your searching for a favorite) has some letters capitalized and some letters not.
I looked through all of the search pages with NTE enabled and couldn't find this. Can you step me through to the specific screen you are talking about starting from the main menu?

Quote:
I can provide a base STV for you to make your changes to and then you should be able to use the new automatic STVi generation feature to export your changes (or you can send me the altered STV and I can export the changes). The only catch is that anyone who wants to do this must be using SageTV v6.4. (Thanks Andy for the pointer! )

Aloha,
Mike
Old 08-21-2008, 05:47 PM
Sage Advanced User

When going to "My Menu" in SageMC, the left key doesn't seem to take you back to the main menu. You must click on the upper left-hand portion of the "My Menu" page to return to the main menu.

Also, if the intent is to be MCE-like, then the defaults should use the backspace for going back a menu (don't know if this is SageTV or SageMC).
Old 08-21-2008, 05:54 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingwr View Post
Also, if the intent is to be MCE-like, then the defaults should use the backspace for going back a menu (don't know if this is SageTV or SageMC).
That's a SageTV thing. You can easily map your backspace to the back command in the Detailed Settings section.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 08-21-2008, 08:01 PM
Sage User

when watching .mkv (and maybe .avi) files, hitting the stop button and selecting restart doesn't work. The video just returns to playback in the current location.
Old 08-21-2008, 11:57 PM
Sage User

When the "Online" button on a Sage Extender remote is mapped to "Online" (i.e the default mapping) and that button is pressed, SageMC does nothing. This is with 6.4.
Old 08-22-2008, 01:30 AM
Sage Expert

In the music playback window, the display only ever shows the first track in the queue. You need to press (i) information button to toggle between album art and detailed description to move it on. I'm pretty sure Dirk acknowledged this in a post once, I think the bug was introduced in a latter release as I'm sure it used to work fine.

In Music, I can never get 'sort by time' to work on the client (Works fine on the server) It displays 1 album only. I've never seen anyone else report this but it persists after a server and client rebuild

Tim
Stephane's XMLTV Importer, Digiguide,
Old 08-23-2008, 09:30 AM
SageTVaholic

Hi Mike, the following problem isn't necessarily a bug in SageMC; but it requires a SageMC developer to contact SageTV support directly to fix a problem with SageTV core 3D animation.

Issue:
When a video window is active, "transition" animations are disabled.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 08-23-2008, 10:24 AM
Sage Aficionado

I have continuous FF/RW disabled in the SageMC settings. My Skip buttons work properly for recorded videos. But when I playback DVD's, the skip and skip#2 (and skipback and skipback#2) don't behave as they do for recorded videos. Skip#1 toggles the continuous FF speed even though I have it turned off. And Skip#2 seems to advance the DVD about 5 minutes. The smooth FF problem is compounded for me right now because it doesn't seem to work very well. The DVD timeline seems to get confused causing the picture to lock up for several seconds before finally catching up. If I switch back to the default Sage STV, DVD FF/RW works as I prefer (ie, skips rather than continuous with no temporary lockups). I'd like this either fixed or have an option to turn off continuous FF/RW for DVDs in SageMC.

This problem is occuring on the HD media extender. Not sure if it happens on Sage pc clients.

Thanks!
Old 08-23-2008, 10:27 AM
Sage Aficionado

I also have a problem that DVD's won't always resume where they left off. I can't replicate this problem in the standard STV. What's strange is sometimes they resume properly, but usually they don't. This used to work fine for me but in the last few months it stopped. I'm not sure if this is just something with my setup or a bug in sagemc. Again, this is on the extender but I also have the problem on pc clients.
Old 08-23-2008, 11:04 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by appelm View Post
I have continuous FF/RW disabled in the SageMC settings. My Skip buttons work properly for recorded videos. But when I playback DVD's, the skip and skip#2 (and skipback and skipback#2) don't behave as they do for recorded videos. Skip#1 toggles the continuous FF speed even though I have it turned off. And Skip#2 seems to advance the DVD about 5 minutes. The smooth FF problem is compounded for me right now because it doesn't seem to work very well. The DVD timeline seems to get confused causing the picture to lock up for several seconds before finally catching up. If I switch back to the default Sage STV, DVD FF/RW works as I prefer (ie, skips rather than continuous with no temporary lockups). I'd like this either fixed or have an option to turn off continuous FF/RW for DVDs in SageMC.

This problem is occuring on the HD media extender. Not sure if it happens on Sage pc clients.

Thanks!
This is actually by design. For DVD's, the skip buttons use the built-in smooth ffw/rew behavior (not just on extenders). The skip#2 buttons are mapped to chapter skips.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 08-23-2008, 11:05 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
I also have a problem that DVD's won't always resume where they left off. I can't replicate this problem in the standard STV. What's strange is sometimes they resume properly, but usually they don't. This used to work fine for me but in the last few months it stopped. I'm not sure if this is just something with my setup or a bug in sagemc. Again, this is on the extender but I also have the problem on pc clients.
This has always worked for me, so I don't think it is a SageMC bug. I'll keep my eye out for it. Thanks.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 08-23-2008, 11:10 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet View Post
Hi Mike, the following problem isn't necessarily a bug in SageMC; but it requires a SageMC developer to contact SageTV support directly to fix a problem with SageTV core 3D animation.

Issue:
When a video window is active, "transition" animations are disabled.
Could you be more specific? I've never seen this problem.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 08-23-2008, 12:18 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui View Post
This is actually by design. For DVD's, the skip buttons use the built-in smooth ffw/rew behavior (not just on extenders). The skip#2 buttons are mapped to chapter skips.

Aloha,
Mike
It doesn't seem to work very well though for me at least. When I rewind it lags and freezes for several seconds. I actually have been living without using ff/rw for some time now. Do you think at least you could provide an option to disable it? I actually prefer 30 second skip.
Old 08-23-2008, 12:34 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
It doesn't seem to work very well though for me at least. When I rewind it lags and freezes for several seconds. I actually have been living without using ff/rw for some time now. Do you think at least you could provide an option to disable it? I actually prefer 30 second skip.
I'll take a look at it.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 08-23-2008, 05:17 PM
Sage Advanced User

How about the 10-day weather forecast? If the weather network doesn't support ten day forecasts anymore then remove/resize the other 5 boxes for a 5 day forecast.
Old 08-23-2008, 05:42 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilkmanCDN View Post
How about the 10-day weather forecast? If the weather network doesn't support ten day forecasts anymore then remove/resize the other 5 boxes for a 5 day forecast.
Thanks. I forgot about that one.