SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 08-23-2008, 07:26 PM
Sage User

5-day Weather

I posted my fix a while back -- it has the forcast for 5 days on the top and the corresponding 5 nights on the bottom. You can find it if you search for my posts (I only have a couple). Or, if you do post the base STV, I will integrate and send back.

Kevin
Old 08-23-2008, 07:32 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kzawicki View Post
I posted my fix a while back -- it has the forcast for 5 days on the top and the corresponding 5 nights on the bottom. You can find it if you search for my posts (I only have a couple). Or, if you do post the base STV, I will integrate and send back.

Kevin
Thanks. I'll check it out.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 08-25-2008, 09:02 AM
Sage Aficionado

I use the page up / down commands a lot. If you are in the main menu, and you go into the menu options screen, then choose the option that allows you to save the menu file or load a new one, if you press page down, the list of options scrolls such that the first few options are off the screen (to the top) and the only option displaying is the last option. Instead, I think that the focus should just jump down the list to the bottom.

If you need more specifics I can check it out when I'm home tonight.
Old 08-25-2008, 02:34 PM
Sage Icon

Photo screensaver

There are a couple of options relating to the screensaver in the setup menus. In there, you can select a photo screensaver.

However, if you want the photos to be in a random order (vice folder-by-folder), you have to go to "My Photos" and goto the slideshow options to select random. Only then can you get a random-ordered photo screensaver.

The bug fix, I think, would just be to add the random/not option to the rest of the screensaver options.

Matt
Old 08-25-2008, 02:34 PM
Sage Aficionado

Support the aspect ratios fully on the HD100.

New ones added to the properties file donw get shown on the menu. You canuse the Aspect button to toggle between them, but cant select then using the options menu
Old 08-25-2008, 02:37 PM
Sage Aficionado

Stop the detection of new imported videos tuning on the Info when whaching anything. Should come up with a "new imported videos detected" message I think.

Once the Program Info is showing you have to press Info to get it to go away. It doesnt get removed automatically as it does with a normal Info button press.
Old 08-26-2008, 05:15 AM
Sage Advanced User

Not sure if this is a SageMC bug but could be:

If watching a video from my videos and a library scan completes the OSD "info" for the current video pops up and does not timeout - I have to hit the info button to get rid of it

Cheers!
T
Old 08-26-2008, 06:52 AM
Sage Aficionado

I noticed this bug yesterday in the conflict resolution screen of SageMC:

The options presented were:
Record show A instead of show B just this once
Record show A instead of show B just this once
Always record show A instead of show B
Always record show B instead of show A

Note the first two options are identical.

Also, I'm a bit confused by the way conflicts are handled. Maybe this is a Sage issue. But if I select to Record show A instead of show B, I would consider that conflict resolved. But I still get the ! exclamation point indicating a conflict. If I return to the conflict resolution screen, I have one option to "cancel manual recording of show B".
Old 08-26-2008, 07:21 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjwerdna View Post
Support the aspect ratios fully on the HD100.

New ones added to the properties file donw get shown on the menu. You canuse the Aspect button to toggle between them, but cant select then using the options menu
New ones DO show up on the option menu - you just have to scroll down to see them. The bug, if any, is that there isn't a scrollbar on that popup.
Old 08-26-2008, 11:51 AM
SageTVaholic

Hi Mike, sorry I didnt see your reply until now.

I'm not sure if you remember, but you had also mentioned to me in the past about having this problem too on your own machine ...hoping when you get your new quadcore CPU machine, that would make that problem go away.

Anyway, the problem happens when you have video preview enabled and have the video window active in any dyanmic menu (guide, etc..). When navigating from one highlighted menu item to another, instead of the new core animation showing a smooth transition from one item to the next, the highlights just jump from one item to the next (like the old style before sagemc had incorporated sageTV core animation).

If the video preview window is not active, core animation works correctly. This bug doesnt happen using sageTV's default stv.

Anyway, sageTV support confirmed this problem. However, they said they wont work directly with me; and need the SageMC developer(s) to contact them...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui View Post
Could you be more specific? I've never seen this problem.

Aloha,
Mike

***RIP SageTV***
Old 08-26-2008, 01:45 PM
Sage Advanced User

I'm having problems with the aspect ratio sticking. I'll select zoomA or zoomB and it changes, then later it will hop back to whatever my default was (usually source). When I use the base version it works fine. (this is on the hd extenders)

Also on the HD extender the options menu (I believe it was on a playing video) has the full screen toggle enabled on it. Don't every try and toggle that. Its will require a hard reboot of the HD extender. The simple solution is don't do that but the better solution would be to disable it or remove it on the extenders.

On a 4x3 screen the menus and played video are aligned. But on a 16x9 screen the menus are centered with the screen, but when you play a 4x3 video it is shifted to far to the right. I seem to remember this starting when I installed MC, but I will swap back to the base version tonight and double check it.
Old 08-27-2008, 02:10 PM
Sage User

IMDB searching seems to be broken. I get images, quotes and trivia but nothing for the General, Cast, and Backstage section. It would be nice to at least get the summary.
Old 08-27-2008, 02:25 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidjade View Post
IMDB searching seems to be broken. I get images, quotes and trivia but nothing for the General, Cast, and Backstage section. It would be nice to at least get the summary.
Shutdown SageTV and copy the jar file from nielm's latest IMDB plugin release into your ...\SageTV\JARs folder. Then restart SageTV. That should get it working again. We will include the latest jar in our next release.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 08-27-2008, 05:58 PM
Sage User

Awesome. Thanks!
Old 08-27-2008, 07:22 PM
Sage Advanced User

When watching tv and bringing up the onscreen menu to switch aspect ratio...when selectting the actual aspect ratio via the remote the osd doesn't go away with the click...have to wait for timeout...a few seconds but still a little annoying...it used to go away when the AR was selected.
Old 08-28-2008, 08:38 PM
Sage Aficionado

In Videos, Autoload DVDProfiler Database setting doesn't work.
You always have to bring up the menu and "Load DVDProfiler file".
Old 09-19-2008, 09:16 PM
SageTVaholic

Hidden folders revealed!

I can't believe I just found a bug. I'm currently running the last 6.3.7a version using a client/server setup.

Issue: Hidden folders using the following type of code (ripped from another post explaining how to hide folders), still show up:
Code:
        <internalScreenMenuItem icon="hover_my music.png" screen="My Music" title="Music">
            <evalExpression>AddStaticContext("PathFilterExprs", new_java_util_ArrayList())</evalExpression>
            <evalExpression>java_util_List_add(PathFilterExprs, "d:\\music\\Albums")</evalExpression>
            <evalExpression>java_util_List_add(PathFilterExprs, "d:\\music\\MP3")</evalExpression>
            <evalExpression>AddStaticContext("PathFilterExcludes", true)</evalExpression>
        </internalScreenMenuItem>
My particular hidden folder even has a PIN code set on it.

To reproduce:

1. Select any video which will NOT find ANY matches on IMBD
2. Select Edit Video Info
3. Select IMDB Search
4. Click Back to My Videos

Viola! Hidden folders now show up again. This is really hurting my attempts to hide my pr0n!
Old 09-21-2008, 02:22 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedson View Post
I'm having problems with the aspect ratio sticking. I'll select zoomA or zoomB and it changes, then later it will hop back to whatever my default was (usually source). When I use the base version it works fine. (this is on the hd extenders)

Also on the HD extender the options menu (I believe it was on a playing video) has the full screen toggle enabled on it. Don't every try and toggle that. Its will require a hard reboot of the HD extender. The simple solution is don't do that but the better solution would be to disable it or remove it on the extenders.

On a 4x3 screen the menus and played video are aligned. But on a 16x9 screen the menus are centered with the screen, but when you play a 4x3 video it is shifted to far to the right. I seem to remember this starting when I installed MC, but I will swap back to the base version tonight and double check it.
Yes I have not been able to change the aspect ratio at all on the media extenders.

Greg
Old 09-21-2008, 02:23 PM
Sage Aficionado

1. SageMC crashes my placeshifter all the time. I submitted this as a bug to Sage and they just punted because I could not get the default STV to crash at all. As soon as I put SageMC back in, I could get it to crash frequently.
I have since reinstalled Sage completely and it became more stable, but it still crashes often.

2. give us the option to use the full alphabet key entry screen instead of the less than useable cell phone like entry screen. Even with a remote I prefer to have each letter on its own button. Please give us the option to make this the only text entry mechanism.

3. when I map S to the stop key, then every time I enter text in any screen that requires text, the s key translates to a backspace.

4. when I map space to the pause/play key, every time I enter a space in the same screens as mentioned in point 3, it gets ignored

5. it would be great if the Movies screen could be navigated with keys. For instance, if I entered the letter S, it would take me to the beginning of the S movie titles.

6. In the conflict display screen (schedule - filter by conflicts) if I want to accept the conflict and consider it dealt with, I can't do that. I can select close and some times that indicates that I have accepted the confict, but it doesn't always do this. Is it supposed to? It would probably be better to just add a button that indicates that I am happy with the current conflict and I don't want it to be considered an outstanding conflict anymore.

Greg

Last edited by gveres; 09-21-2008 at 02:39 PM.
Old 09-22-2008, 11:52 AM
Sage User

I'm having trouble with setting the com auto skip from the options menu. My system default is set to "disabled" and then I use the left-right buttons to skip commercials when I play back. If I "enable" it through the options menu while watching a program, it often works for only one or two commercial blocks, and then reverts to the default. Other times it seems to hold on to this setting forever, even for other episodes of the same show (ie the "series settings" page still shows com skip as "Use default" (disabled) for "The Office" but I enabled it a few weeks ago through the options menu and this week's rerun skipped automatically right from the start.