SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 08-25-2008, 10:39 PM
Sage Advanced User

Searching File Format with WebUI

I recently had one of the harddrives in my storage server die. This was made more complicated by the fact that it wasn't just a stand-alone drive, but a member of a VG running under LVM in my linux box. I got it sorted out and repaired the filesystem and thought that I was all set, but I just noticed something weird. Some of my imported media files are now actually snippets of sage recordings! The filenames and file sizes are what they originally were, but when you try to watch them they are definitely MPEG2 sage recordings instead of MPEG4 video.

So far I've been using avicodec to analyze a few files at a time and check for MPEG2 files so I'll know which files are a lost cause, but this is tedious since it takes a few to several seconds to parse each file. Sage has already done this for me for every file, as evidenced by the "File Format: AVI[MPEG4-Video" contained on the detailed info page for any given file when you look at it from the web interface.

Is there any way to search for "MPEG2" in the file format field so that I can use Sage to find all my broken files in one pass?
Old 08-27-2008, 04:37 AM
SageTVaholic

I don't know about doing it in the webserver, but you could script it in Linux easily enough.

for every file run a command (ffmpeg, exif) if it is a "bad" file move it somewhere. Send me a PM if you need help with it.

B