SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 09-06-2008, 08:11 PM
Sage Expert

Why do files still show up in Media Center when I'm not importing them anymore?!?!

I'm running WHS SageTV server.

At first I was importing a whole bunch of the network shares, and had a ton of files therefore in Media Center.

Now I've deleted all them except one from the Media Center Import Directories list (I'm doing this all via a Sage Client). but all the files from all the shares are still showing up in Media Center. This makes no sense.

This feels like it must be a bug, but before I ask for official tech support thought I'd throw it out here.

Thanks,
-Chris
Old 09-06-2008, 09:00 PM
SageTVaholic

Did you Refresh Imported Media?
Old 09-06-2008, 09:25 PM
Sage Advanced User

When i was first setting up my import folders and experimenting with Sage, i think had this same issue. Even though i had refreshed the import folders, files were either duplicating or not showing up at all. I began to realize that changing the import folders, and moving the physical files around, all at the same time, was probably not a good idea. After much forebearance... i read the FAQ.

I set advanced_video_file_recovery=true, and made sure i allowed enough time for the background refresh to complete, and followed the FAQ guidelines for moving physical files around. I've since turned that property off, but have wondered if it really impacts performance at all? I hadn't observed any problems.

As such, I now feel confident about how my directory structure is being read and imported, and how/when to move new content into them. But i do have one odd stray video that refuses to go away. As long as the issue stays as only one file, i'm content to leave it that way.
Old 09-06-2008, 09:47 PM
Sage Expert

Yes, I refreshed about 10 times : )

That's interesting... I'll look for the FAQ. I actually spent quite a bit of time trying to understand from the documentation, but didn't gain any insight.

I concluded a bit ago that the system had just choked on the huge file addition, and then I made it worse with the subtraction.

I think I may have made a mistake in general using a 1.2ghz Celeron system for the server. The Sage server seems to be frequently choking, especially when I've got file operations going on a the same time.
Old 09-06-2008, 10:23 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chriscic View Post
I think I may have made a mistake in general using a 1.2ghz Celeron system for the server. The Sage server seems to be frequently choking, especially when I've got file operations going on a the same time.
I can't imagine the processor would be an issue.. probably would be for HD streaming...but not for file importing. Although, you might just have to be a bit more patient for it to update the wiz.bin database. and don't do anything else on the box while it is refreshing. I could be wrong...my only experience is using an Athlon X2 3800+ on my Sage server.. It seems to be just fine.
Old 09-08-2008, 11:57 AM
Sage Expert

Everything is cleared up now, with the correct files showing. It just took a while for Sage to clean things up since I had added so many files to begin with!