SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV EPG Service
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV EPG Service Discussion related to the SageTV EPG Service used within SageTV. Questions about service area coverage, channel lineups, EPG listings, XMLTV, or anything else related to the service or programming guide data for SageTV should be posted here.

Old 09-09-2008, 06:48 PM
Sage Advanced User

Same Lineup - Different Tuners ??

I just got Sage working with a pair of HDHomerun tuners. This gives me 9 channels to record from. I am buying the Sage / Hapaugue HD DVR bundle and swapping out the old cable box with a new HD one.

The channel lineup used by the HDHomeruns is the same one that is going to be used by the HD DVR.

What is going to happen when I enable all the channels for the HD DVR? Is Sage smart enough to know which sources to record from in this instance? Will it try to record a show that is only on the cable box with the HDHomerun since they share a lineup? Do I have to hand edit something and make a copy of the lineup with a new name?

Any quality input would be helpful.
Old 09-09-2008, 08:29 PM
Administrator

Since those tuners have different physical inputs, SageTV should ask whether to copy the lineup so you can configure the channels separately.

See step 9 of tuner setup in the PDF manual, starting on p. 154.

Personally, I would keep the main lineup for the HD-PVR, then reconfigure the HDHR QAM tuners, telling them not to use a lineup & it should be able to match just the channels in use from the HD-PVR's lineup. That way, the HDHR's QAM lineup only has the few channels actually being used. If that doesn't make any sense, then it would easier to simply stick with the lineup copy that I mentioned above.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 09-10-2008, 03:18 PM
Sage Advanced User

How do I tell the HDHRs not to use a line up?
Old 09-10-2008, 03:43 PM
Administrator

The PDF manual's tuner setup instructions that I referenced above & the HDHR setup for Windows instructions explain that.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.