SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV International User Forums > SageTV United Kingdom
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV United Kingdom SageTV and SageTV Recorder Users from the UK - This forum is for you to post about specific issues using SageTV software in the UK.

Old 09-14-2008, 04:05 AM
Sage Advanced User

Send a message via ICQ to ElGato Send a message via MSN to ElGato
Frequency Trades?

I figure now I seemingly have all my SageTV/EPG issues sorted, (stupid text editor), it would be a good idea to build up the ultimate? .frq file. So rather than complete many scans in order to obtain all the channels possible and add them to my live .frq file, I figure we could post for request for channels?

For instance, I would ike to add Channel U to my .frq file, but again, rather than complete potentially many scans someone could post the line from theirs?
Old 09-14-2008, 05:48 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to jaminben
This would only work for DVB-S (Sky/Freesat) and not DVB-T (Freeveiw) as those are region specific and to be honest its just as easy to goto a website like king of sat and enter the information manually. However if your willing to create a list of all DVB-S channels and keep it updated regually then I'd proberly take a look every so often
Old 09-14-2008, 07:08 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminben View Post
This would only work for DVB-S (Sky/Freesat) and not DVB-T (Freeveiw) as those are region specific and to be honest its just as easy to goto a website like king of sat and enter the information manually.
OK fair point about DVB-S. Well not been doing this for long and trying to understand what I need from these sites to be able to manually construct the channel details is a tad confusing at the moment. Which is why I figured a "i'll show you mine, if you'll show me yours" approach might be easier for the likes of me who just want a complete channel list without having to gain a masters in satellite frequencies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminben View Post
However if your willing to create a list of all DVB-S channels and keep it updated regually then I'd proberly take a look every so often
I'm more than willing to share what I have. Having spent sooo long finally figuring it all out, with the help from members of this forum, partiularly Stéhane, I'm more than happy to pass it on to others.
Old 09-17-2008, 05:19 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElGato View Post
I'm more than willing to share what I have. Having spent sooo long finally figuring it all out, with the help from members of this forum, partiularly Stéhane, I'm more than happy to pass it on to others.
You can now do this with the version 3.5 of the Importer, just specify what .frq file you are using with one of your lineup, it will get uploaded with your lineup in the online database.

Other user can download an updated .frq file when they are creating / updating their lineups (for DVB-S / T / C / ATSC) and it follow the same logic as the lineup search (search based on source / type / country / region / provider)

Regards,
Stéphane.
Old 09-19-2008, 04:15 AM
Sage Advanced User

I can see how I can add a channel list from the online database. But where do I find the associated FRQ file? I assume that I need to copy this FRQ file over the one for my tuner card?
Old 09-19-2008, 08:15 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by moamoa View Post
where do I find the associated FRQ file? I assume that I need to copy this FRQ file over the one for my tuner card?
You don't need to copy the file the Importer does it for you.

When you are editing your lineup, you can tell the Importer where the frq file corresponding to the lineup videosource is located. Then you click on the "Download updated frequencies file" link, and a dialog box will open with all the frequencies file available. Choose one of them and click on the "Download" button. The Importer will copy the content of this frq file into yours, you just need to restart SageTV.

Regards,
Stéphane.
Old 12-14-2008, 06:39 AM
Sage Advanced User

This method for updating my .frq file is not working. I need my .frq file to exactly show whats in xmltv importer because the actual tuning card is in another pc (network encoder). If I click the download link I don't see the new channels I recently added.

So I'm in the situation now where my sagetv server shows 2 new channels in the program guide, but my network encoder pc does not know how to tune them because they are not in the .frq file on the sagetv server thus I cannot copy them over to the network encoder pc...... am I making any sense?

SageTV HD200 extender
Various client and place shifters.
Old 12-14-2008, 09:38 AM
Sage Aficionado

Hi,

Attached is a copy of my most recently updated freq list.

If you are using the XMLTV plugin program you can select the corresponding xmltv and channel list:-

UK > Digital Satellite > South East > Sky Digitial

or something like that, which should be uploaded?h

Hope this helps someone.

Ta,

David
Attached Files
File Type: txt uptodatefreqlist.txt (30.4 KB, 351 views)
Old 12-14-2008, 10:35 AM
Sage Advanced User

Nice one bacon you are a star!!!!

Its strange, I did download the channel details for five and channel4hd from the south region.... they showed up in xmltv-importer but just would not show up in the .frq file on my system?!?!?

So I used the details from your file for those two channels, pasted them into my sagetv server and encoders .frq files and now they work a treat!!

BTW, I take it some of those channels you have in your list are through your sky subscription?? I imagine sky one is not on freesat??

SageTV HD200 extender
Old 12-14-2008, 03:57 PM
Sage Aficionado

Hi,

No problem,

The channel numbers are a complete replica/copy of Sly digital channels, therefore yes there are lots encryted channels in the line up.

Ta,

David
Old 12-14-2008, 06:21 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by stryker View Post
This method for updating my .frq file is not working. I need my .frq file to exactly show whats in xmltv importer because the actual tuning card is in another pc (network encoder). If I click the download link I don't see the new channels I recently added.
I don't know how the SageTV network encoder is supposed to be working with .frq files.

The only thing I can tell you is that the Importer will download the frq file you choose, update the one you have on your PC (where your are running the Importer), and you are supposed to restart SageTV (or SageTV Service) for SageTV to pick up the changes.

Regards,
Stéphane.
Old 12-15-2008, 08:03 AM
Sage Advanced User

@Stephane

Hi, yes I use your xmltv importor like anyone else. The idea is once it has populated the .frq file on the server all I have to do is copy that file to the network encoder (another sagetv server) so it knows how to tune the channels.

The problem I had was, I added two new channels in xmltv importer, save the changes, clicked the download to file link.... but my .frq file was not updated.

I added the two new channels by clicking on the add channel button in your app then choosing the channel from the online database, and restarted my sagetv server..... somehow my sagetv server did see the two new channels but they were not in the .frq file..... strange.

SageTV HD200 extender
Old 12-15-2008, 06:19 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
The problem I had was, I added two new channels in xmltv importer, save the changes, clicked the download to file link.... but my .frq file was not updated.
Adding a channel in the lineup will not have any effect on the frq file download.

The feature is made to work the other way around: you download a frq file from the database (those frq files were submitted by other users), your own frq file is updated, then you build your lineup upon this updated frq file.

Regards,
Stéphane.
Old 12-16-2008, 06:42 AM
Sage Advanced User

Hi Stephane,

Ok, think I understand what you are saying. My question is; is there an easy way to get a lineup in xmltv importer into a .frq file? this is an important function for those of us who have a separate sagetv network encoder.

SageTV HD200 extender
Old 12-16-2008, 09:22 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
is there an easy way to get a lineup in xmltv importer into a .frq file?
No, you really have to do it the other way around. I store the frq file as a whole, so the Importer can only retreive a complete frq file based on your country / region / reception / provider. There is no way to pick a frequency for a channel.

So it's just like scanning, except you don't do the scan, someone else has done it for you.
Old 12-17-2008, 06:31 AM
Sage Advanced User

Yes but once you have your lineup just the way you want it, is there an easy way to write it out to a fresh .frq file on my pc? obviously xmltv has all the info it needs to do this.

SageTV HD200 extender
Old 12-17-2008, 10:03 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Yes but once you have your lineup just the way you want it, is there an easy way to write it out to a fresh .frq file on my pc?
No. And I don't see how: the only thing the Importer could do is to copy your actual .frq file (eventually deleting unused channels).

When you add a channel in the lineup from the online DB it doesn't come with informations that you can put in the .frq file.
Old 12-18-2008, 12:50 PM
Sage Advanced User

oh, I understand now. So basically we have to get the frequencies for new channels ourselves and put them in the .frq file.

SageTV HD200 extender
Old 01-03-2009, 07:50 AM
Sage Advanced User

I'm going to post my new .frq files here from now on.

Here is my latest .frq file for those that are interested. Contains info for the Celebrity Big Brother live feed currenty FTA;
Attached Files
File Type: txt Hauppauge WinTV 88x TS Capture-0-DVB-S.frq.txt (10.4 KB, 238 views)
Old 01-04-2009, 05:32 AM
Sage Advanced User

A couple of corrections

Corrected Film 4 entry and removed Zone Reality Extra;
Attached Files
File Type: txt Hauppauge WinTV 88x TS Capture-0-DVB-S.frq.txt (10.3 KB, 230 views)