SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 10-06-2008, 05:37 AM
Sage User

My Video does not play

Hi,

New install. I have managed to resolve most of my issues through search/read/search/etc. I have one I am stuck on though.

I have a mpg in my videos folder. I only have one so I have not tested this on more then one recording. The mpg opens in Windows Media Player and plays. It will also open in SageTV if I use My Videos>Play Other Files and open it from finding it in the directory it is located. If I try to select the icon from within the My Videos I select a folder titled "Unassigned" and then I see the video. I can select it but when I select play the menu returns to the main menu and the video never plays.

I have SageMC installed.
Old 10-10-2008, 08:12 AM
Sage Advanced User

me too

I have the same exact issue, I posted to the this forum and the suggestion was to disable SageMC and see if it works. Of course it works, so the issue is SageMC and yet no suggestions as to how to fix. The only work arounds I could come up with to keep the WAF up was to create a playlist for every single recording. You can also add the file to the show queue and then go into the queue and hit play queue and they will play just fine. If you import the videos out of the Video Library and back in to the My Recordings -- so that they get tagged by Sage and the file name gets renamed with a number at the end of it, the file also plays just fine. So it is completely files just don't play out of the Video Library in SageMC, unless someone can enlighten us.
Old 12-02-2008, 02:29 PM
Sage User

anyone find a solution to this problem? bumping because i am at my wits end for this!
Old 12-02-2008, 04:04 PM
SageTVaholic

This would happen if you have SageMC set to use an external player but it is not configured properly. This seems likely for macsupergeek, since I'm pretty sure playlists and the queue always use the internal player. Make sure all external player settings are disabled.

Settings >> SageMC >> External Programs

Otherwise, if the file was moved and a library rescan was not performed afterward, then the item in the video library may not be pointing to the correct location for the file.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 12-08-2008, 01:32 PM
Sage User

I too recently installed SageMC and now none of my XVID (MPEG4) files will play. I backed up the Sage folders and tried reinstalling them but still cannot play any MPEG 4 AVI file. Windows Media Player will play them using the Nero codec. Does anyone know how to force Sage to use this codec?
Old 12-08-2008, 01:45 PM
SageTVaholic

All I can suggest is to enable debug logging (see link in tips and tricks sticky for instructions), try to play one of the problem files, and post the log here. Maybe it will show something.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 12-08-2008, 04:08 PM
Sage User

See the attached debug file.

Thanks in advance for helping solve this problem.
Attached Files
File Type: txt sagetv_0.txt (108.0 KB, 214 views)
Old 12-08-2008, 04:39 PM
SageTVaholic

Well the first thing I noticed is that you're not running SageMC.

I assume the file you tried to play was Apollo 13? I see some errors there, but I don't know what to make of them. Did you make any other changes to your system?

Aloha,
Mike
Old 12-08-2008, 05:01 PM
Sage User

Thanks for the quick reply.

Yes I'm trying to play the Apollo 13 MPEG4 file. Everything worked and then I downloaded and installed MC. Then file did not play inside MC, I only heard the audio portion. It would play only when video renderer was set to VMR9, but then when I tried to view other TV recordings it opened a new window outside of Sage.

I changed back to the SageTV interface. It still would not play when renderer was set to default or overlay.

Prior to installing MC I made a backup of my SageTV folders. I deleted and reinstalled all folders and files and still the problem is there.

I could play the Apollo avi file using WMP and it showed the Nero codec (From Nero 7 installed on my system) being used.

I've tried restoring my computer to earlier dates when everything worked OK but still the same problem.

I can uninstall Sage and reinstall if that's required.