SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 10-29-2008, 02:51 PM
Sage Aficionado

Hi.. thanks for the update..

Having a couple of issues:

1. The "Play other file" button on the My Videos page seems to be gone. I used this button a lot. Since the update, I've had to revert back to the standard STV whenever I want to play another file on my network.

2. When I go to the Online Video's page, the STV changes back to the standard STV. I think I read that is supposed to happen. But when I hit back, I'm still int he standard STV and have to click on the "Return to SageMC.stv" button.

Thanks,
Marc
Old 10-29-2008, 03:01 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by appelm View Post
1. The "Play other file" button on the My Videos page seems to be gone. I used this button a lot. Since the update, I've had to revert back to the standard STV whenever I want to play another file on my network.
This was by design. "Play Other File" was moved to the Options menu due to a limit in the # of buttons on a page

Quote:
2. When I go to the Online Video's page, the STV changes back to the standard STV. I think I read that is supposed to happen. But when I hit back, I'm still int he standard STV and have to click on the "Return to SageMC.stv" button.
If you select the "Return" button on the Online Video page it will go to the standard STV. But if you use your back button it should return to the last page you were viewing (typically the main SageMC menu).
Old 10-29-2008, 03:13 PM
Sage Aficionado

Any idea why the "Live TV" button under the "My TV" sub-menu on the Main screen doesn't do anything (I hope that makes sense)?

It didn't seem to do anything for me in the previous version of SageMC either.
Old 10-30-2008, 07:36 PM
Sage Advanced User

More info on my flaky sub-menu problem...

1. All main menu items that point to a Sage internal menu work fine at all times.

2. When Sage is first started, none of the custom submenus work. Selecting my custom Options, Video, or Information submenus does not load the submenu, but instead jumps back to the Television icon on the main menu.

3. If I start Live Television, then quit live television and go back to the main menu, the custom submenus work fine UNTIL I use a Sage internal menu item like music, RSS feeds, etc After doing that, the submenus stop working again.

4. If I reload my dynamic menu XML file (or revert to saved), and select a custom submenu item, I get a menu - but it's the main menu in list form. If I reload twice in a row, then select a custom submenu, it works properly, but temporarily, like the Live Television trick.

I'm pulling my hair out on this I'm getting the feeling I'm going to have to spend a few hours to recreate all of my menuing customizations from scratch.

I'll wait a few days to see if anyone has any suggestions. I know MeInMaui was going to check a few things too...

Last edited by TBacker; 10-30-2008 at 07:43 PM.
Old 10-30-2008, 08:03 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBacker View Post
I'll wait a few days to see if anyone has any suggestions. I know MeInMaui was going to check a few things too...
I've been pretty busy, so I haven't gotten to this yet.

Aloha,
Mike

Edit: Do me a favor and switch your main menu style to Text. Do you still get the same behavior?

Last edited by MeInMaui; 10-30-2008 at 08:09 PM.
Old 10-30-2008, 08:12 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui View Post
I've been pretty busy, so I haven't gotten to this yet.
Thanks! I'm not pushing here, just trying to pass on info as I dig into this. It's very strange...and frustrating!
Old 10-30-2008, 08:18 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Do me a favor and switch your main menu style to Text. Do you still get the same behavior?
Yup - the custom submenus always work in text mode. Even after restart.

Now that you brought this up, it does seem like the trouble is in switching between the animated / graphic mode of the main menu and the text mode of my sub menus.
Old 10-30-2008, 08:52 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Yup - the custom submenus always work in text mode. Even after restart.

Now that you brought this up, it does seem like the trouble is in switching between the animated / graphic mode of the main menu and the text mode of my sub menus.
Same here with your menu, except only your Videos menu shows the problem. I created a new submenu and it works every time. I'll kick around more later.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 10-30-2008, 08:58 PM
Sage Advanced User

Thanks for your help Mike!

On my end, I tried early on to delete the troubled sub menus and recreate them.

Any custom submenu I create, even something with a random name, exhibits the problem. I would be able to create the menu (it would show up in the main menu), but selecting it so I could add items to it would result in the jump back to the Television icon.

I have reinstalled the full version of SageMC 6.4.8 to make sure all of the appropriate jar's were current, but no change in the problem.

I'm going to try the new horizontal menu mode next as it is similar enough that it won't wreck my theme...
Old 10-30-2008, 09:00 PM
SageTVaholic

Tbacker,

I think its definitely a bug in SageMC 6.3.8

Would you check to see if you can access that custom submenu if you switch your menu style to dock and fixed focus?
For me, those two menu styles seem to work with the custom submenu, but non of the other menu styles.
Old 10-30-2008, 09:26 PM
Sage Advanced User

All custom submenus work in dock mode. This does seem point to an issue in MC somewhere.

Fixed focus was my original mode that didn't work.

Mike - FWIW I can't seem to get the text to go below the icons in dock mode. I move the text but it stops at Y 0.5 and won't go lower. I have it set for text always on (disabled "text only on focus").

Thanks again!

Tim

Last edited by TBacker; 10-30-2008 at 10:08 PM.
Old 10-30-2008, 10:34 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
All custom submenus work in dock mode. This does seem point to an issue in MC somewhere.

Fixed focus was my original mode that didn't work.

Mike - FWIW I can't seem to get the text to go below the icons in dock mode. I move the text but it stops at Y 0.5 and won't go lower. I have it set for text always on (disabled "text only on focus").

Thanks again!

Tim
Thanks Tim. I think fixed the the text positioning for the next update already, but I'll check to make sure.

Oddly, fixed focus worked fine for me but the dock didn't. Don't worry, we'll get to the bottom of this.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 10-31-2008, 03:51 AM
SageTVaholic

@TBacker

I found and fixed the problem with the dynamic submenus intermittently not loading. For now try turning off the Left-as-Back option. The menus should all load properly then. The fix will be included in the next update.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 10-31-2008, 07:08 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
For now try turning off the Left-as-Back option.
Thats it

Menus now work at all times.

Now back to my regular scheduled tweaking....

Tim
Old 11-06-2008, 05:27 PM
Sage User

Updated SageMC 16x9 and now Sage won't start

I just upgraded to 6.3.8 and now I can't get SageTV to start. It begins loading and then hangs at User Interface Manager is initializing. Never run into this as a problem before and I'm not sure where to go from here. I'd tell you exactly the versions of everything but I can't get in to view anything. I do know that everything was working fine before the failed upgrade and that everything was near current with the exception of SageMC, which I believe was at 6.3.7.

The sagetv.exe process is running but never appears as a running application.

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions,

Al

will add that this is how I did the upgrade if it helps. http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/down...do=file&id=141

Last edited by werneral; 11-06-2008 at 05:31 PM.
Old 11-06-2008, 05:43 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by werneral View Post
I just upgraded to 6.3.8 and now I can't get SageTV to start. It begins loading and then hangs at User Interface Manager is initializing. Never run into this as a problem before and I'm not sure where to go from here. I'd tell you exactly the versions of everything but I can't get in to view anything. I do know that everything was working fine before the failed upgrade and that everything was near current with the exception of SageMC, which I believe was at 6.3.7.

The sagetv.exe process is running but never appears as a running application.

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions,

Al

will add that this is how I did the upgrade if it helps. http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/down...do=file&id=141
Do the following to get back to the default STV:
  • Shut down SageTV and open sage.properties (or sageclient.properties if your are on a client PC or are running in service mode)
  • Find the line that specifies the user interface: STV=...\SageMC_169.xml
  • Change SageTV_169.xml to SageTV3.xml
  • Save the file and Start SageTV.

At this point you should be back in the default UI.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 11-06-2008, 08:30 PM
Sage User

errr.

Thanks Mike. I'm part of the way back. I got back to plain old Sage and then I added SageMC 16x9. Now whenever I try to do just about anything I get the message... You have an old version (6.3.8) of sagemc.jar installed! Please update to the latest version.

I'm getting a bit lost here, so sorry for what is probably basic Sage stuff. But this whole episode started when I upgraded from 6.3.7 to 6.3.8. I hate to bin the whole installation as it's served me pretty well over the last four years. Any ideas how to extricate myself short of a fresh install or reverting to a two week old image?

Maui? I'll be there in a couple months and lookin forward to it!
Old 11-06-2008, 10:18 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by werneral View Post
errr.

Thanks Mike. I'm part of the way back. I got back to plain old Sage and then I added SageMC 16x9. Now whenever I try to do just about anything I get the message... You have an old version (6.3.8) of sagemc.jar installed! Please update to the latest version.

I'm getting a bit lost here, so sorry for what is probably basic Sage stuff. But this whole episode started when I upgraded from 6.3.7 to 6.3.8. I hate to bin the whole installation as it's served me pretty well over the last four years. Any ideas how to extricate myself short of a fresh install or reverting to a two week old image?

Maui? I'll be there in a couple months and lookin forward to it!
Sounds like you loaded an old version of the SageMC STV. Make sure you load SageMC_169.xml, not one with numbers appended. You will then have to re-import any plug-ins.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 11-07-2008, 07:18 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashbacck View Post
These are probably obvious, but how do I change the transparency on the pop up overlay menus?

And how do I remap the youtube and google vidoe menu items to the correct internal screen?
Does anyone have any info on these two?
Old 11-07-2008, 07:22 PM
SageTVaholic

If you're using overlay you can't have transparency on the menus. Use VMR9.
If you're using the latest SageMC then you have no reason to remap youtube and google video. It will use the correct internal screen on its own.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.