SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 11-08-2008, 11:19 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by gplasky View Post
If you're using overlay you can't have transparency on the menus. Use VMR9.
If you're using the latest SageMC then you have no reason to remap youtube and google video. It will use the correct internal screen on its own.

Gerry
That's not the issue. Sorry, I should've attached a screenshot. The transparency I have isn't on the popup menus while video is playing. The transparency appears on the pop up menus on the menu screens (see attached). I am using overlay, and don't want the transparency here. It makes it hard to read anything.

Regarding youtube/google... I think I need to redownload the stv file. Maybe I inadvertently did something wonky to mine.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TRANSPARENCY.jpg (41.1 KB, 344 views)
Old 11-08-2008, 11:26 AM
Sage Icon

Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
That's hard coded. There is no option to change that I believe is what Mike stated earlier. I'll try to change it and post a modded version.
Old 11-08-2008, 11:34 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashbacck View Post
That's not the issue. Sorry, I should've attached a screenshot. The transparency I have isn't on the popup menus while video is playing. The transparency appears on the pop up menus on the menu screens (see attached). I am using overlay, and don't want the transparency here. It makes it hard to read anything.

Regarding youtube/google... I think I need to redownload the stv file. Maybe I inadvertently did something wonky to mine.
This option has already been added for the next update.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 11-08-2008, 11:39 AM
Sage Aficionado

I'm getting an error that I've seen posted here... but I never see how they resolved it...

I get a semi-transparent OK button on a few of my menu screens (see image).

I upgraded from the previous version of SageMC following the instructions (shutdown Sage, extract, restart, load STV SageMC_169.xml). It happens on both my server and my extenders (MVP and HD)

Any ideas? thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg OK Error.JPG (58.9 KB, 254 views)
File Type: jpg settings.JPG (74.5 KB, 254 views)

Last edited by BFisher; 11-08-2008 at 11:41 AM.
Old 11-08-2008, 11:55 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFisher View Post
I'm getting an error that I've seen posted here... but I never see how they resolved it...

I get a semi-transparent OK button on a few of my menu screens (see image).

I upgraded from the previous version of SageMC following the instructions (shutdown Sage, extract, restart, load STV SageMC_169.xml). It happens on both my server and my extenders (MVP and HD)

Any ideas? thanks
This problem turned up around page 5 or 6 in this thread. The problem was that an import had overwritten df_sageutils.jar with an older version. Grab the full SageMC installation package and copy the df_sageutils.jar file into your ...\SageTV\JARs\ folder.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 11-08-2008, 12:02 PM
Sage Aficionado

Sweet! Thanks Mike!

Todd
Old 11-08-2008, 12:14 PM
Sage Aficionado

Problem solved - thanks Mike! Right on the money
Old 11-08-2008, 07:06 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
Quote:
Originally Posted by kricker View Post
That's hard coded. There is no option to change that I believe is what Mike stated earlier. I'll try to change it and post a modded version.
Since Mike has it in the next version already, I won't be posting a modded version.
Old 11-10-2008, 09:23 PM
Sage Aficionado

Ok, it's possible that I'm imaging things. But didn't there use to be Google Videos and Youtube internal screens available in the dynamic menu? I used to have menu items linking directly to those menus. Now there's only the Online Services item.
Old 11-10-2008, 11:53 PM
Sage User

How do I change the volume in SageMC?

I'm stumped. I must be looking in all the wrong places.
Old 11-11-2008, 02:45 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justintoxicated View Post
How do I change the volume in SageMC?

I'm stumped. I must be looking in all the wrong places.
It's the same as for the stock stv. The default is <ctrl><left arrow> and <ctrl><right arrow>. Unfortunately this will also navigate the cursor/focus about the place on many sagemc screens depending on what's selected.

You can change the mapping in Setting/Detailed Setup/Commands/Link Infrared/Keystroke to SageTV Command. I like to add additional mappings on my client machines to use - and = (plus and minus keys).

The default mute/unmute mapping is <ctrl><shift>m

If you're using a supported remote the volume controls on the remote should work by default. Volume control thingers on keyboards should also work.

Keep in mind that if you're using digital outs then the volume control in Sage won't do anything and you'll need to adjust this on your amp/receiver.

Mick.

Last edited by mickp; 11-11-2008 at 02:47 AM.
Old 11-11-2008, 04:54 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by flashbacck View Post
Ok, it's possible that I'm imaging things. But didn't there use to be Google Videos and Youtube internal screens available in the dynamic menu? I used to have menu items linking directly to those menus. Now there's only the Online Services item.
One of the changes in SageMC 6.3.8 now directly calls the Online Videos menu from the default STV. This way each update to the default doesn't break the functionallity and it takes advantage of every feature like auto updating for new links just like the default.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 11-11-2008, 07:29 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickp View Post
It's the same as for the stock stv. The default is <ctrl><left arrow> and <ctrl><right arrow>. Unfortunately this will also navigate the cursor/focus about the place on many sagemc screens depending on what's selected.

You can change the mapping in Setting/Detailed Setup/Commands/Link Infrared/Keystroke to SageTV Command. I like to add additional mappings on my client machines to use - and = (plus and minus keys).
The keys you listed are for Left/Volume Down and Right/Volume Up, that's why they also navigate the menus.

The preferred volume controls, unless you need to double-up remote button usage are: Volume Up/Down, mapped to Ctrl+R and Ctrl + E.

There are also combo commands for Up/Volume UP and Down/Volume Down.

Take your pick or reassign keys as mentioned in the quote.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 11-11-2008, 02:27 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opus4 View Post
The keys you listed are for Left/Volume Down and Right/Volume Up, that's why they also navigate the menus.

The preferred volume controls, unless you need to double-up remote button usage are: Volume Up/Down, mapped to Ctrl+R and Ctrl + E.

There are also combo commands for Up/Volume UP and Down/Volume Down.

Take your pick or reassign keys as mentioned in the quote.

- Andy
Thanks Andy, I'd not noticed those before. Perhaps I should rtfm.

Mick.
Old 11-13-2008, 12:49 PM
Sage Aficionado

I'm sorry if this was answered already, I didn't see it.

In My Videos area, I use custom Groups (Adults, Kids, wife, etc) to organize my DVDs. In the past, when I'd put a new DVD on my hard drive, it would show up as Unassigned, I'd navigate to the disk, and select "Send To..." and on of my options would be Custom Groups, and then I'd select the group.

That option isn't available anymore (at least I don't see it). Can someone recommend how to get this functionality back? The DVDs that were already assigned are fine (it still sorts by these custom groups), I just don't see a way to assign new videos to their appropriate group.

Thanks!
Old 11-13-2008, 01:03 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:

In My Videos area, I use custom Groups (Adults, Kids, wife, etc) to organize my DVDs. In the past, when I'd put a new DVD on my hard drive, it would show up as Unassigned, I'd navigate to the disk, and select "Send To..." and on of my options would be Custom Groups, and then I'd select the group.

That option isn't available anymore (at least I don't see it). Can someone recommend how to get this functionality back? The DVDs that were already assigned are fine (it still sorts by these custom groups), I just don't see a way to assign new videos to their appropriate group.

Thanks!
I don't think we touched that at all in this release. I'll take a look to see if something was inadvertently broken.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 11-13-2008, 04:46 PM
Sage User

Send a message via ICQ to devinteske Send a message via AIM to devinteske Send a message via MSN to devinteske Send a message via Yahoo to devinteske
Black background

Just installed latest version of SageMC. It worked fine for all of one-launch, and on the third launch, the background is now black. I've tried setting the background image to several jpg's to no avail. Also tried copying in a fresh version of SageMC... no work.
Old 11-13-2008, 05:29 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:

Thanks!
I just checked and it's still there, so I'm not sure what is going on.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 11-13-2008, 05:41 PM
SageTVaholic

Exclamation For anyone having black background issues:

Please see the sticky at the top of this forum for a patch to v6.3.8 that addresses the black background issue before trying anything else.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 11-13-2008, 05:57 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui View Post
I just checked and it's still there, so I'm not sure what is going on.

Aloha,
Mike
I've used it as recently as yesterday with 6.3.8 so I'm sure it still there and works fine.