SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 10-20-2008, 03:07 PM
Sage Icon

Ok so I just upgraded withthe full 6.3.8 and restarted the server. I get this error while trying to run the GUI:

"You have an old version (6.3.8) of sagemc.jar installed. Please update to the latest version !"

Any Ideas?

-Skybolt
Old 10-20-2008, 03:32 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybolt View Post
"You have an old version (6.3.8) of sagemc.jar installed. Please update to the latest version !"-Skybolt
You probably can fix this by going to SageMC Settings and do "load STV" and import the SageMC16x9 file. Just in case though read on to make sure you followed the install steps correctly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybolt View Post
Ok so I just upgraded withthe full 6.3.8 and restarted the server. I get this error while trying to run the GUI:
For starters you're confusing me a little by saying
Quote:
I just upgraded
and then saying
Quote:
with the full 6.3.8
Not sure if that's what you meant to say, but let me point out the difference between the "upgrade" version of SageMC and the "full" version of SageMC.

Tell us first if you already had SageMC installed
Then tell us which version you installed - the upgrade or the full version.

The following should be the step-by-step process of upgrading. I'm laying out as much detail as possible (more than hopefully necessary) just to be sure there isn't any confusion.

Upgrade Version
USE ONLY IF YOU ALREADY HAVE SAGEMC INSTALLED ON YOUR PC. WHEN I SAY SAGEMC I DON'T MEAN SAGETV BUT THE CUSTOM SAGEMC16X9 ADD-ON:

If this is the case for you and you need the upgrade version here are the upgrade installation steps:
  • Shut down Sage and SageTV Service
  • Just in case back up your files - COPY the SageTV\SageTV directory and all of it's files into a separate location - if something goes wrong you can always delete your active SageTV\SageTV directory and copy that backup back to this directory and all will be good again.
  • Download the SageMC upgrade version
  • Extract the SageMC Upgrade files into SageTV\SageTV\
  • Restart SageTV (& service)
  • From the SageMC Settings menu select "load STV" and browse to SageMC_169.xml
  • Select Yes from the prompt
  • Restart Extenders if you have any
That should be it for the upgraders

FULL Version
USE ONLY IF YOU DO NOT HAVE SAGEMC INSTALLED ON YOUR PC ALREADY. WHEN I SAY SAGEMC I DON'T MEAN SAGETV BUT THE CUSTOM SAGEMC16X9 ADD-ON:

If this is the case for you and you need the full version here are the upgrade installation steps:
  • Shut down Sage and SageTV Service
  • Just in case back up your files - COPY the SageTV\SageTV directory and all of it's files into a separate location - if something goes wrong you can always delete your active SageTV\SageTV directory and copy that backup back to this directory and all will be good again.
  • Download the SageMC full version
  • Extract the SageMC Upgrade files into SageTV\SageTV\
  • Restart SageTV (& service)
  • From the SageTV Default Settings Menu select "SageTV Application Package (.STV or .XML file) and browse to SageMC_169full.xml
  • Select Yes from the prompt
  • Restart Extenders if you have any
That should be it for those brand new to the SageMC add-on UI. If you're totally new to SageMC you might want to read the installation instructions in this blog post I made a while back although I've mostly repeated them above.
Old 10-20-2008, 03:32 PM
Sage Icon

I had to load sageMC 6.3.7a first from the default Sage GUI then from within sageMC "Load STV" the new .8 GUI in order for this to work. Strange.
Old 10-20-2008, 06:07 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickp View Post
I've just been doing some dvd profiler imports and notice that imports with multi disc sets don't appear to be happening any more. I had been using an improved DVDPro2Sage by ryttingm here which allows you to enter file/directory names as additional discs in dvd profiler rather than updating the "original title" field for situations where you have multi disc sets.

I've tried replacing the DVDPro2Sage directory but that seems to completely break the import process. Any ideas?

Mick.
I've been going through the same thing.

This latest version seems to have broken DVD Profiler imports. It will import the cover image and the log shows that the DVD Profiler imported okay, but it isn't bringing anything in. Here's an example from the log:

Code:
Mon 10/20 18:51:15.732 Processing DVD Profiler import for Iron Man
Mon 10/20 18:51:15.732 RunningTime
Mon 10/20 18:51:15.735 Imported DVD Profiler data for Iron Man
Mon 10/20 18:51:23.410 Loading RawImage of size 176x252 for \\MEDIASERVER\U1TB\Movies\Iron Man\VIDEO_TS\folder.jpg
Mon 10/20 18:51:23.411 Loading 0x0 image from file \\MEDIASERVER\U1TB\Movies\Iron Man\VIDEO_TS\folder.jpg
The end result gives me the cover, but no detail info and no genre categorization. Here's a screenshot of the Iron Man page after importing:

Biggest problem for me is that it stays in the "Unassigned" category unless I manually switch it

This is a minor bug in the scheme of things, but I'd love it of course if there's anything we can do to work around it or fix it
Old 10-20-2008, 06:18 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
... For starters you're confusing me a little by saying and then saying Not sure if that's what you meant to say...

Sorry, but yes that was what I meant, just didn't word it correctly. I tried the upgrade then went to the full to try and correct the issue. I ended up going back to 6.3.7a and then using the "Load STV" to correct it , but in the past I have always used the default skin of Sage and load the new .xml from advanced setup.

It finally loaded as mentioned, but with one hitch, the themes have no background. Meaning the background.jpg's are there but when loaded the background is all black. I have tried reloadng all of the files manually as well. I have upgraded since early ver. of sage 5 and never had an issue.

Today just isn't my day...
Old 10-20-2008, 07:54 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by OferL View Post
The new ver looks great! thank you!!

Small but annoying bug: whenever i return to the main menu (either by BACK or the green button) there appears a dialog box with no words just "OK" button in the middle. pressing OK makes it go away. But it appears again each time.

I am using both a client version and a ful sage install. It happens on both pc's. installd full MC package.

Ofer
I am having the same problem as Ofer. Anyone have any recommendations? I would attach a error log, but I am not sure it would show up since it is more of a nag than anything. It is quite annoying, though.
PS - If it helps, I noticed it after the latest installation of the sagemc slimplayer. I tried reinstalling sagemc, to no avail.

Otherwise, thanks for the hard work guys!
Old 10-20-2008, 08:02 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptzink View Post
I am having the same problem as Ofer. Anyone have any recommendations? I would attach a error log, but I am not sure it would show up since it is more of a nag than anything. It is quite annoying, though.
PS - If it helps, I noticed it after the latest installation of the sagemc slimplayer. I tried reinstalling sagemc, to no avail.

Otherwise, thanks for the hard work guys!
Could one of you post a screen shot? Thanks.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 10-20-2008, 09:48 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui View Post

Aloha,
Mike
I'm having similar problems and here is the screenshot. I upgraded from 6.3.7a.
Attached Images
File Type: png Screenshot.png (172.5 KB, 296 views)
Old 10-20-2008, 09:53 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:

Aloha,
Mike
Mike,
Here is a screenshot.

It also shows up when going to the 'My Menu' submenu.

Thanks,
pauL
Old 10-20-2008, 10:06 PM
Sage User

Missing Background when not using Dynamic Menus

Mike, great work on the STV update. I had tried SageMC back in the 2.0-3.0 days but it proved too overwhelming. Once I got an HDTV I decided to try it again and never looked back. I have successfully installed the 6.3.8 update, as an update, and everything looks to be in order with the exception of the previously mentioned black, or really missing background. I have attempted to debug but I must admit my Studio skills are a little lacking:

Basically the expression for the background image for the main menu on line 114656 of the STV seems to be evaluating to "null" when Dynamic Menus are disabled (Its the background image field from the MenuTheme Theme):

Code:
If( GetWidgetName(GetCurrentMenuWidget()) == "Dynamic Menu by nielm"
        If( (MenuNode==net_sf_sageplugins_sagemenu_SageMenuReader_getMainMenu(MenuTree)
                         && GetProperty("sagemc/dynamic_main_menu", true) == true)
                ,java_util_Map_get(gMenuBackgrounds, GetWidgetName(GetCurrentMenuWidget()))
                ,java_util_Map_get(gMenuBackgrounds, "Dynamic Submenu by nielm") )
        ,java_util_Map_get(gMenuBackgrounds, GetWidgetName(GetCurrentMenuWidget())) )
For some reason it doesn't seem to get to evaluating the False directive for the outer IF statement. I tried it in the expression evaluator in Studio and get null whenever Dynamic Menus are disabled (but the correct background file when they are enabled). Is there possibly a limitation to the length of an expression in Studio? I thought about making it some kind of object with IF object siblings and referencing that in the MenuTheme object but figured you might have a better fix. In the meantime I have just hard-coded the "java_util_Map_get(gMenuBackgrounds, GetWidgetName(GetCurrentMenuWidget()))" in that field.

Thanks again for all your hard work, and cute kid btw ;-)

-Jeremy
Old 10-20-2008, 11:20 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
Thanks for the huge update fellas! So many changes and fixes, very impressive.

I defined a custom background in SageMC settings. It works in all screens except a sub-menu (same settings I had in 6.3.7a which worked fine). Have I overlooked a new setting for that? Also, is it possible to define a graphic for the background of the htext menu (as well as font options for selected/un-selected items, and garphics for selected/un-selected item?
Old 10-20-2008, 11:51 PM
Sage Aficionado

These are probably obvious, but how do I change the transparency on the pop up overlay menus?

And how do I remap the youtube and google vidoe menu items to the correct internal screen?

Last edited by flashbacck; 10-21-2008 at 12:15 AM.
Old 10-21-2008, 02:23 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptzink View Post
Mike,
Here is a screenshot.

It also shows up when going to the 'My Menu' submenu.

Thanks,
pauL

Exactly what I am seening.
Also upgradrd from 7a.
No slimplayer.
Old 10-21-2008, 03:09 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by OferL View Post
Exactly what I am seening.
Also upgradrd from 7a.
No slimplayer.
It looks like it is attempting to show the error message for the wrong sagemc.jar file version. Go to your Settings menu and let me know what version of SageMC it says you are running. If it doesn't say 6.3.8, then you need to load SageMC_169.xml and reapply any imports you use.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 10-21-2008, 04:25 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I've been going through the same thing.

This latest version seems to have broken DVD Profiler imports. It will import the cover image and the log shows that the DVD Profiler imported okay, but it isn't bringing anything in. Here's an example from the log:

Code:
Mon 10/20 18:51:15.732 Processing DVD Profiler import for Iron Man
Mon 10/20 18:51:15.732 RunningTime
Mon 10/20 18:51:15.735 Imported DVD Profiler data for Iron Man
Mon 10/20 18:51:23.410 Loading RawImage of size 176x252 for \\MEDIASERVER\U1TB\Movies\Iron Man\VIDEO_TS\folder.jpg
Mon 10/20 18:51:23.411 Loading 0x0 image from file \\MEDIASERVER\U1TB\Movies\Iron Man\VIDEO_TS\folder.jpg
The end result gives me the cover, but no detail info and no genre categorization. Here's a screenshot of the Iron Man page after importing:

Biggest problem for me is that it stays in the "Unassigned" category unless I manually switch it

This is a minor bug in the scheme of things, but I'd love it of course if there's anything we can do to work around it or fix it
Remember to make sure to update your DVD2Pro with the modified one. I don't think the one that's in the download is the one that was modified for multi-dics support. At least that's what I did when I installed and I don't have the issue. Whoops-Just imported Indy Jones and the Crystal Skull. Only problen I see is that there is no overview of the movie. Only all the actors.

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.

Last edited by gplasky; 10-21-2008 at 04:28 AM.
Old 10-21-2008, 05:11 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
It looks like it is attempting to show the error message for the wrong sagemc.jar file version. Go to your Settings menu and let me know what version of SageMC it says you are running. If it doesn't say 6.3.8, then you need to load SageMC_169.xml and reapply any imports you use.

Aloha,
Mike
I loded the STV through the settings and it fixed the problem.
Loading through the detailed setup probably made all the problem.
Thanks!

Now... in the MY MENU screen and also in a custom sub menu I made the bkgnd revrets to gray instead of the bkgnd pic I am using for the main menu.
all other screens look OK including SETTINGS which comes after MY MENU.
Old 10-21-2008, 05:49 AM
Sage Advanced User

Any update to Post #80

Thanks,
Jet
OS Drive 320 GB Seagate hard drive: Recording Drives 2x500 GB WDCaviar 64k Clusters, 1x1.5TB Seagate 64k clusters, 1x320 GB Seagate 4k Clusters, 1x250 Seagate external USB 32k Clusters:Tuners(w/5 setup for recording HD; 2 for SD content): 1 Hauppauge HVR-1600, 1 HDHomeRun, 2x Hauppauge HVR-1250; XP Pro 32 bit, SageTV V6.5.9 SAGEMC V6.3.8a
Old 10-21-2008, 06:19 AM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetracers View Post
Any update to Post #80

Thanks,
Jet
You are in the default STV when you are setting up channels etc. The only time I've ever seen the VIEW button go missing is when you have the preview functionality turned off (one of the things you get to set during the setup Wizard).

Detailed Setup -> Multimedia -> Video Menu Options is where you can toggle that setting.

btl.
Old 10-21-2008, 06:24 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bialio View Post
You are in the default STV when you are setting up channels etc. The only time I've ever seen the VIEW button go missing is when you have the preview functionality turned off (one of the things you get to set during the setup Wizard).

Detailed Setup -> Multimedia -> Video Menu Options is where you can toggle that setting.
BTW: You don't have to go to Detailed Setup. You can change the setting on just about any menu, including Channel Setup, by using the Options command.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 10-21-2008, 07:12 AM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:

Aloha,
Mike
Mike,
That was my first thought as well, so I tried what you suggested. The sagemc.jar file info says that it is 6.3.8. The funny thing is that I was not getting this error before I installed the Slimplayer 1.2 import. I know you don't 'support' that STVi, but is there anything in that package that could affect a SageMC installation. Here is what I have tried to remedy the problem:
- Reinstall SageMC Upgrade 6.3.8
- Reload STV from Settings menu
- Removed the slimplayer.stvi and some related files (I did not remove any of the .jar files, as I am not sure if they are shared by other components of Sage. Could one of these .jar files be causing an issue?)
- Restart SageTV service
- Uninstall/Reinstall SageTV 6.4.8
- Reload STV from Settings menu
None of these things worked. Also, I tried loading an old sagemc .xml file to replicate the 'wrong version of sagemc.jar' error and I was able to replicate it.
Hope this helps. Sincerely, thanks for all of the hard work. This has made SageTV so enjoyable for our entire family and I know it takes months of work to make this stuff happen.