SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 10-21-2008, 06:13 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via AIM to kricker Send a message via MSN to kricker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skybolt View Post
Ok - I am still not working and I am very confused. If I run the SageMC .8 version with out dynamic menus I have no background image as stated prior. I f I use the dynamic menu I still get no background and this funcky menu. I have ctrl-O myself to death and can not seem to fix this. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks,
Skybolt
Try to load the default theme and dynamic menus. They are included with the full install. I think the default dynamic menu is "sagemc_menu.xml". Then fully quit Sage and reload it (make sure it just didn't go to sleep in the tray). If that doesn't work, I'd start over with the SageMC install. First clean your Sage folder out. You'll have to look thru the full zip package and delete all those files from your Sage folder then start fresh.
Old 10-21-2008, 06:16 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Ok - I am still not working and I am very confused. If I run the SageMC .8 version with out dynamic menus I have no background image as stated prior. I f I use the dynamic menu I still get no background and this funcky menu. I have ctrl-O myself to death and can not seem to fix this. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks,
Skybolt
Check out this thread. About halfway down it talks about xerces.jar, which I noticed is in your classpath.

Aloha,
Mike
Old 10-21-2008, 07:25 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui View Post
===================================
Instructions for generating a debug log file:
===================================

If you want to help diagnose problems:

- shutdown Sage
- add (or edit) the property debug_logging=TRUE (uppercase!) in the Sage property file (SageClient.properties if you are using client or SageTV service, else Sage.properties)
- add (or edit) the property plugins/df/debug_level=1 in Sage property file
- restart Sage
- follow any steps to reproduce the problem
- attach sagetvclient_0.txt (client/service) or sagetv_0.txt (standalone) to your post

The file(s) are in your SageTV folder.

Aloha,
Mike
Mike, I can not, for the life of me, generate a log file. I successfully did it on a 'test machine' at work, but can not make my home machine do it. In fact, there were a couple of times that it deleted the debug_logging=TRUE line from the properties, which is extremely weird. I have attached my properties file for reference. Any suggestions? This is frustrating...
Thanks,
pauL
Attached Files
File Type: zip Sageproperties.zip (16.2 KB, 139 views)
Old 10-21-2008, 07:25 PM
Sage Advanced User

Playlist bookmark issue?

After installing this version i have added some multi dvd sets to my Library. I was hoping to use the playlist bookmark function to remember where i was after each viewing 'session'. This doesnt seem to work as returning to the playlist takes me to the beginning of the last disk that was playing instead of resuming the disk. Is this a known issue or is it possible i am diong something wrong. I did make sure this function was enabled on the sagemc 'enhancements' configuration page. Does anyone know if this worked in the previous release?

I did note that on the playlist screen (go 'back' after play playlist) there is what appears to be a time display that is counting up in seconds. This is however displaying a large negative number ???.

I am aware that this is not the original intent of the playlist function for DVDs but I believe it to be a very useful feature.

Thanks in advance for your help..
Old 10-21-2008, 07:30 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptzink View Post
Mike, I can not, for the life of me, generate a log file. I successfully did it on a 'test machine' at work, but can not make my home machine do it. In fact, there were a couple of times that it deleted the debug_logging=TRUE line from the properties, which is extremely weird. I have attached my properties file for reference. Any suggestions? This is frustrating...
Thanks,
pauL
Sounds like Sage is running when you edit the properties file - any changes you make end up lost if you don't shut down Sage UI and Service (if so configured) before editing the .properties file.

btl.
Old 10-21-2008, 07:31 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bialio View Post
Sounds like Sage is running when you edit the properties file - any changes you make end up lost if you don't shut down Sage UI and Service (if so configured) before editing the .properties file.

btl.
Yeah. What he said.
Old 10-21-2008, 08:40 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by bialio View Post

btl.
Thanks guys. I am feeling like a total DA now. Okay, here is one of my logs. The other one was too large as it is logging all of my media that I am reimporting. See anything? Pressing 'ok' on this dialog sure is annoying. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Let me know if this log doesn't tell you what you need to see and I will make another after my media reimports.
Thanks,
pauL
Attached Files
File Type: txt sagetv_1.txt (64.2 KB, 192 views)
Old 10-21-2008, 08:43 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Let me know if this log doesn't tell you what you need to see and I will make another after my media reimports.
Thanks,
pauL

Did you check the jar file ?

Dirk
Old 10-21-2008, 08:47 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by flachbar View Post
Did you check the jar file ?

Dirk
I am assuming you are referring to the sagemc.jar file. Yes, according to the 'settings' menu info in SageMC, I am running the correct version (6.3.8) of the jar file.
Old 10-21-2008, 08:48 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Check if the slimplayer package installed an old df_sageutils.jar

Dirk
That's what I meant before, you must have missed this post...

Dirk
Old 10-21-2008, 08:53 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Check if the slimplayer package installed an old df_sageutils.jar

Dirk
Sorry Dirk, I did miss that. This thread is going crazy, so pardon my oversight. How do I check the version of the df_sageutils.jar file? If this is the issue, how do I recover/restore the most recent version?
Thanks!
Old 10-21-2008, 08:57 PM
SageTVaholic

Hey mike thanks for the update. every problem i had has been fixed save for one which i have yet to nail down. whenever i timeshift in recorded or live tv sage hangs and there seems to be no cause for it. in my log file. that and my dynamic menu import no longer works. i know there is dynamic menu support built in, but i can no longer resize my preview window and no more free icons.
Old 10-21-2008, 08:59 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Sorry Dirk, I did miss that. This thread is going crazy, so pardon my oversight. How do I check the version of the df_sageutils.jar file? If this is the issue, how do I recover/restore the most recent version?
Thanks!
No problem...

The most current df_sageutils.jar is included in the SageMC 6.3.8 package, so simply compare file size and date of the one in the zip file with the one currently in your JARs directory...

Dirk
Old 10-21-2008, 09:03 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by panteragstk View Post
Hey mike thanks for the update. every problem i had has been fixed save for one which i have yet to nail down. whenever i timeshift in recorded or live tv sage hangs and there seems to be no cause for it. in my log file. that and my dynamic menu import no longer works. i know there is dynamic menu support built in, but i can no longer resize my preview window and no more free icons.
Did you try if the timeshift works in the default STV ?

Dirk
Old 10-21-2008, 09:18 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
No problem...

The most current df_sageutils.jar is included in the SageMC 6.3.8 package, so simply compare file size and date of the one in the zip file with the one currently in your JARs directory...

Dirk
Hot damn, that was it! Thanks Dirk. I should have known. I have been burnt on this one before. Also, lesson learned: when in doubt, do a full SageMC install (as apposed to upgrade). Thanks guys!
Old 10-22-2008, 11:44 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeInMaui View Post
... xerces.jar, which I noticed is in your classpath.
Were did you see this, I did a search of the entire PC and it did not surface, also searched the prop. files and nothing? I wanted to remove that referance. Thanks again for all of your help.

On a side note, isn't having to have dynamic menus enabled a bit of a bug?

Thanks again for all of the hard work put into this.
Skybolt

Last edited by Skybolt; 10-22-2008 at 11:51 AM.
Old 10-22-2008, 12:25 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Yes, it's a lot of a bug. I don't use DM and it currently makes MC unusable.

Regards,

Nick.
Old 10-22-2008, 12:39 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_W View Post
Yes, it's a lot of a bug. I don't use DM and it currently makes MC unusable.
I'm obviously missing something here as I'm not sure I'm following either of you. Dynamic Menus is built-in to SageMC. It is what gives us the ability to change menus around, add new menu items such as Netflix Plugin, Pandora Plugin etc, as well as changing the icons for the menus etc.

Why in the world would you not want it to be required?
Old 10-22-2008, 01:35 PM
SageTVaholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I'm obviously missing something here as I'm not sure I'm following either of you. Dynamic Menus is built-in to SageMC. It is what gives us the ability to change menus around, add new menu items such as Netflix Plugin, Pandora Plugin etc, as well as changing the icons for the menus etc.

Agree. The old SageMC main menu style had only one advantage over the dynamic menus - the fixed focus style - and this only before Mike introduced the new main menu customizations and styles. Now the old main menu style is just a poor subset of what the dynamic menus can do, and should be ripped out eventually.

Dirk
Old 10-22-2008, 01:50 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post

Not to down the Dynamic Menus as I have not really ever used them until now, and only because I have too. if it were not for SageMC I would probably still be using MCE as I did prior.

Dynamic menus are a real pain to set up and you don't really get much if your not a Power user, but you must set it up. DM won't read a default menu like sage_menu.xml and leave it as it was. You have to spend alot of time figuring it out and how to edit them, granted once you figure it out it's not that bad. But all I did was bring it back to what the default MC menu was like. And for me I had to do this with no background image and everything black and I had to do this for each extender, not to mention I totaly hosed one of them and it won't even boot past the maintenance screen, but that's my fault.

I have Home automation and whole house audio. I just want to watch and record TV with sage, and it does a fantastic job of just that. Up until now I have been able to skate by unzipping the full install files and copying them respectively. I have solutions for the other things you mention and I understand how DM would be awesome for some, maybe most. I for one could do with out it and use SageMC as it was in .7a if the bugs were fixed.

Please don't take this wrong as I love the product and completely respect the hard work which went/goes into this especially since it's free! And if DM is part of it the so be it. It was just really hard to edit everything without a background. Actuall this was a great learning experience for me. Just wish I hadn't screwed up my extender.

Thanks again for the hard work and especially supporting it here, that untoo itself can be a full time job. Thank you.

-Skybolt

Last edited by Skybolt; 10-22-2008 at 01:54 PM.