SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 10-25-2008, 08:04 PM
Sage User

Unhappy "No Signal" Error for Live TV at show end

I am getting a "No Signal" tuning error whenever I watch a show live and the show ends. This occured even before I installed SageMC (which is deactivated for now) and comskip, and firewire tuning for my STB. At the time (and now) I am using the internal tuner on my Hauppage 2250 to tune cable straight from the wall.

I can watch another show by hitting the stop button, which returns me to the guide, and selecting another show. I have to do this even if the show I want to watch is the one following the current show on the same channel.

The tuner has no trouble recording shows automatically, jumping between channels or even 2 things back to back on the same channel (set to retune even if on same channel).

If I watch a show that was already scheduled to record, while it is recording, any show being recorded immediately after the current one is a black screen with "No signal"

I opted to post in the customizations sub-forum since I now have customizations, but I didn't when this started.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Old 10-25-2008, 08:29 PM
Sage Icon

I had this happen to me about a week after I had installed my Haup 1800 and 2250 cards, but it was on my 1800. Turned out the ATSC tuner on the 1800 was failing. I had to return the 1800 and get a replacement. The new card has been in use for 6 weeks now with no issues.

When you go into sources and select the 2250 (771), go to channel setup. Try to view the channels that were previously detected and check your signal strength.

My 1800 failed a little at a time, first the UHF HiDef channels, then the VHF HiDef channels. Compare ther signal strengths from both ATSC tuners. You may have a bad tuner on the card.
Server: SageTV 9, Win10/32, Intel DP55KG Mb, Intel QC i5 2.66GHz , 4GB 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM, 2 Hauppauge 2255s for 4 OTA ATSC tuners, HDHRPrime w Comcast, 3 STP-HD300s 20101007-0 firmware, nVidia Shield. Java v7u55. Plugins:SD EPG, OpenDCT
Old 10-25-2008, 08:44 PM
Sage User

Thanks HelenWeathers. I went to the channel setup and clicked "view" on a variety of channels and they all seemed to come in just fine.

I forgot to mention earlier that I get the same "no signal" issue whenever I am watching LiveTV and hit ch +/- or type in a new channel number. If I go back to the original channel I still get "no signal"

Perhaps the 2250 is bad, I've only had it ~1 week and this issue was from the start. I also cannot set up tv tuner on source 1 and tv tuner on source 2 at the same time indicating that one of the internal tuners may be bad from the start.

I also just noticed that my S-video gets "no signal" as well when I try to change channels as well. It isnt sending the change channel tuning commands (firewire) to the STB and still getting "no signal". I can go into the channel setup and individually view all channels and watch it tune.

I suspect SageTV may not be trying to tune

EDIT: after stopping all recording, liveTV is sending change channel commands to the STB but still getting "no signal" in return over S-video. I can switch the tv to from the STB and see the tv as it should be. Same tuning issue over from the wall coax still exists.

EDIT2: Perhaps the dual encoder on the 2250 is poor

Last edited by shaggykevv; 10-25-2008 at 09:08 PM.
Old 10-25-2008, 09:49 PM
Sage Icon

Are you using the extra s-video input that came with the Haup 2250. I don't use the s-video so I'm not absolutely sure about this, but I believs the s-video port built onto the card corresponds to tuner 1 and the extra plug-in port corresponds to tuner 2. If you are using tuner 1 for the coax input and the s-video port on the card, that may be where your conflict is. Make sure if tuner 1 is set up for tuning internally, you use the add-on s-video port for your STB.
Server: SageTV 9, Win10/32, Intel DP55KG Mb, Intel QC i5 2.66GHz , 4GB 1333MHz DDR3 SDRAM, 2 Hauppauge 2255s for 4 OTA ATSC tuners, HDHRPrime w Comcast, 3 STP-HD300s 20101007-0 firmware, nVidia Shield. Java v7u55. Plugins:SD EPG, OpenDCT
Old 10-26-2008, 05:38 AM
Sage User

I am using the add on S-video for the STB (tuner #2) so they are on the separate tuners listed in SageTV, and I had this problem before I enabled more than the single coax tuner.

My latest theory is that SageTV isnt sending (or the 2250 isn't listening) for the full change channel/retune command set when I'm watching Live TV. When this happens the channel is changed (either on the onboard tuner or STB), but the feed is not reset or synced up and I end up with "no signal". This is just a theory though since I don't fully know how SageTV interacts with the card.

When I get a chance later today I will test telling it not to retune between shows on the same channel and see if I can watch consecutive live shows. If that works, then I'm guessing I'm right, though I don't know if it points to a software or hardware problem.

Tags
2250, live tv, no signal