SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV International User Forums > SageTV United Kingdom
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV United Kingdom SageTV and SageTV Recorder Users from the UK - This forum is for you to post about specific issues using SageTV software in the UK.

Old 11-01-2008, 03:40 AM
Sage Expert

Weird F1 program description..

Hi,

There appears to be something wrong with my EPG data, is anyone else getting the same?:-

F1 Qualifying today has the correct start and stop times but it looks like the description is over a year old....

"after a disastrous Chinse Grand Prix a fornight ago, Lewis Hamilton's lead over mcLaren team-mate Fernando Alono"

you get the idea

The other weird thing is if I do a program search for title F1 it pulls backs Bahrain, British, Canadian, French - surely these should no longer be in search results?

I use DG2XML and Stephane's importer for my EPG.

Any ideas?

Also, could someone advise me what program they use to look at the epgdata.xml files? I've tried firefox/IE but they take an age to load, using notepad/wordpad doesn't seem to work either as the output is all wrapped around.

Thanks for any help!
Old 11-01-2008, 04:42 AM
SageTVaholic

We have a first. Better F1 coverge in the US vs. the UK!

Go Lewis!

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.
Old 11-01-2008, 05:36 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by starfire View Post
Also, could someone advise me what program they use to look at the epgdata.xml files?
I use XML Marker - it's free and works well. Wait for the file to load (may take a while) then hit the indent button to make the file more readable. Then you can use the tree view at the left to navigate, or search (use the tags to help search, e.g. seach for >F1 to find where F1 is at the start of a title or description).

Search will normally pull up past airings as well as future, that's normal. Find the XML entry in the file and if it's correct, the importer may have matched it incorrectly to an old show - sometimes with good reason, sometimes not. Stephane should be able to help with that.
unRAID Server: Intel Core i5 7600K, 48GB DDR4, 2x512GB PCIe M.2 Cache Pool, 2x10TB SATA3 Parity Drive, 3x8TB SATA Array, 1x hdHomeRun DVB-T2 Quattro, IPTV via xTeVe, unRAID 6.8.3, tvHeadEnd for recording back end, Emby
Clients: 3 Nvidia Shields, 3 FireTV, 3 Win10 Pro PC Clients
Old 11-01-2008, 03:35 PM
Sage Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickgillyon View Post
I use XML Marker - it's free and works well. Wait for the file to load (may take a while) then hit the indent button to make the file more readable. Then you can use the tree view at the left to navigate, or search (use the tags to help search, e.g. seach for >F1 to find where F1 is at the start of a title or description).

Search will normally pull up past airings as well as future, that's normal. Find the XML entry in the file and if it's correct, the importer may have matched it incorrectly to an old show - sometimes with good reason, sometimes not. Stephane should be able to help with that.
Thanks, I've installed that and its so much easier, cheers

Regarding the F1 data, I can find no old description in the XML file so can only think Stephane's importer found some data from over a year ago?! or its a Sage issue..

Its only the qualifying that was wrong, the race descrition for tomorrow is fine.
Old 11-01-2008, 04:12 PM
Sage Icon

In your XML find the program itself, i.e. at the correct time/channel. Searching for the program title is normally the best way. Stephane's importer uses that program title and episode data and/or descriptions to match to previous airings. So if you find the full detail in the XML file then you can compare to previous airings...
unRAID Server: Intel Core i5 7600K, 48GB DDR4, 2x512GB PCIe M.2 Cache Pool, 2x10TB SATA3 Parity Drive, 3x8TB SATA Array, 1x hdHomeRun DVB-T2 Quattro, IPTV via xTeVe, unRAID 6.8.3, tvHeadEnd for recording back end, Emby
Clients: 3 Nvidia Shields, 3 FireTV, 3 Win10 Pro PC Clients
Old 11-01-2008, 05:02 PM
Sage Expert

Here is the correct data as per the XML:-

<programme
channel = "3"
channel2 = "46"
start = "20081101151000 +0000"
stop = "20081101173000 +0000">
<title>F1: Grand Prix Qualifying</title>
<desc>Steve Rider introduces live qualifying for the final race of the season from Brazil. With a seven point lead after his win in China, can Lewis Hamilton grab pole position from home favourite Felipe Massa and take a step nearer his first ever world title? Plus Martin Brundle's unique guide to the Interlagos circuit.</desc>
<category>Motoring</category>
<length units = "minutes">140</length>
<sub-title>Brazilian</sub-title>
<audio>
<stereo>Stereo</stereo>
</audio>
<video>
<aspect>16:9</aspect>
</video>
<subtitles type = "teletext"/>
<credits/>
</programme>

yet in Sage I get a different <desc> as described, it is also displayed as Original air date 01/11/08 and a first run correctly.

I have searched using keywords in Sage and can find no prior program <desc> that matches the <desc> that I have.
Old 11-01-2008, 05:38 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
yet in Sage I get a different <desc> as described, it is also displayed as Original air date 01/11/08 and a first run correctly.
The Importer does have an history but only for ep. numbers, it cannot retreive a one year old description.

So the description used by the Importer must comes from the XMLTV file or be already present in previously imported data (the data from the last successfull import).

You can also review the EpisodesXX.xml in the GuideData subfolder of the Importer's Config & Log folder, this file contains the data that is submitted to SageTV.

If the description is Ok in the EpisodesXX.xml file then it is SageTV that has kept an old description (this would be ok as the program title should not change from year to year)

Regards,
Stéphane.
Old 11-01-2008, 06:02 PM
Sage Expert

Hi Stephane,

I found this in the Programs0.xml file:-

<ss-progrec>
<ss-databasekey>EP0063640008</ss-databasekey>
<ss-desc>Steve Rider presents coverage of the qualifying stages of the Brazilian Grand Prix from Sao Paulo's Interlagos circuit. After a disastrous Chinese Grand Prix a fortnight ago, Lewis Hamilton's lead over McLaren team-mate Fernando Alonso is now redu...</ss-desc>
<ss-title>F1: Grand Prix Qualifying</ss-title>
<ss-epititle>Brazilian</ss-epititle>
<ss-MPAA></ss-MPAA>
<ss-genre>Motoring</ss-genre>
<ss-origairdate>20081101</ss-origairdate>
<ss-actors></ss-actors>
<ss-credits/>
<ss-movieyear></ss-movieyear>
<lm-longdesc>Steve Rider presents coverage of the qualifying stages of the Brazilian Grand Prix from Sao Paulo's Interlagos circuit. After a disastrous Chinese Grand Prix a fortnight ago, Lewis Hamilton's lead over McLaren team-mate Fernando Alonso is now reduced to just four points, with Ferrari's Kimi Raikkonen also posing a threat to his title ambitions. Can the Briton get his weekend off to a strong start with a vital pole position today? Commentary from James Allen and Martin Brundle.</lm-longdesc>
<lm-category>Other</lm-category>
<lm-isnew>false</lm-isnew>
<lm-ratio>16:9</lm-ratio>
<lm-sound-format>Stereo</lm-sound-format>
<lm-directors></lm-directors>
<lm-writers></lm-writers>
<lm-producers></lm-producers>
<lm-presenters></lm-presenters>
<lm-guests></lm-guests>
<lm-parental-rating></lm-parental-rating>
<lm-expanded-rating></lm-expanded-rating>
<lm-star-rating></lm-star-rating>
</ss-progrec>

so it does look like the importer has found this old data somewhere? confused...
Old 11-01-2008, 06:06 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
so it does look like the importer has found this old data somewhere?
It has found it either in the XMLTV file for another airing of "F1: Grand Prix Qualifying", or in the ProgramsXX.xml from the last import.

If the description is not in the XMLTV file, you can force the refresh by deleting all xml files in the GuideData subfolder.
Old 11-01-2008, 06:30 PM
Sage Expert

Hi,

OK I deleted all xml files in the GuideData folder and reran the importer, and looking at Programs0.xml it now contains correct data ie. the right description

Thanks for your help, hopefully it was a one off.

<ss-progrec>
<ss-databasekey>EP0063640008</ss-databasekey>
<ss-desc>Steve Rider introduces qualifying action for the final race of the season from Brazil. With a seven point lead after his win in China, can Lewis Hamilton grab pole position from home favourite Felipe Massa and take a step nearer his first ever wor...</ss-desc>
<ss-title>F1: Grand Prix Qualifying</ss-title>
<ss-epititle>Brazilian</ss-epititle>
<ss-MPAA></ss-MPAA>
<ss-genre>Motoring</ss-genre>
<ss-origairdate>20081101</ss-origairdate>
<ss-actors></ss-actors>
<ss-credits/>
<ss-movieyear></ss-movieyear>
<lm-longdesc>Steve Rider introduces qualifying action for the final race of the season from Brazil. With a seven point lead after his win in China, can Lewis Hamilton grab pole position from home favourite Felipe Massa and take a step nearer his first ever world title? Plus Martin Brundle's unique guide to the Interlagos circuit.</lm-longdesc>
<lm-category>Other</lm-category>
<lm-isnew>false</lm-isnew>
<lm-ratio>16:9</lm-ratio>
<lm-sound-format>Stereo</lm-sound-format>
<lm-directors></lm-directors>
<lm-writers></lm-writers>
<lm-producers></lm-producers>
<lm-presenters></lm-presenters>
<lm-guests></lm-guests>
<lm-parental-rating></lm-parental-rating>
<lm-expanded-rating></lm-expanded-rating>
<lm-star-rating></lm-star-rating>
</ss-progrec>

Last edited by starfire; 11-01-2008 at 06:40 PM.
Old 11-02-2008, 02:12 PM
Sage Expert

Wow, what an awesome race!!
Old 11-02-2008, 03:10 PM
Sage Fanatic

Quote:
Wow, what an awesome race!!
Yup, I don't want to go through all that again next year....

I don't have any finger nails left!

Last edited by doc; 11-02-2008 at 03:15 PM.
Old 11-03-2008, 06:46 AM
SageTVaholic

My wife and kids came running into the living room when they heard all of the screaming, they thought I was having a heart attack. They were right

Sage Server: 8th gen Intel based system w/32GB RAM running Ubuntu Linux, HDHomeRun Prime with cable card for recording. Runs headless. Accessed via RD when necessary. Four HD-300 Extenders.