SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 11-01-2008, 06:56 PM
Sage Aficionado

Send a message via MSN to steingra
Cant see recordings, view live tv etc

For no reason (that I have discovered) I cant watch any recordings, cant watch TV, etc in SageTV client or on the server either. I just get a black screen with an error message which I attached to this post.

I have rebooted SageTV server didnt matter.

The Sagetv interface/software is working OK...but its not playing any video content. Tells me it cant play it. I was using an older version of SageTV on the server and CLient. So I decided to update it (maybe not best troubleshooting option but I did it anyway) :-O ....and now I am using newest version from the sagetv website. I also updated java runtime on both client and server machines. Still same problems exist.

I went from something like 6.2.x to newest. And jave runtime was maybe a year out of date or less.

Anyone see this error before and have any suggestions to fix it?

It was working fine last weekend, I recorded a HD football game and watched it afterwards. Using the HDHomeRun tuner (Over the air signal)

The only thing that I know changed, was I let the HDHomeRun update itself on the server and Client. But I have since seen that the HDHomeRun can view the recordings directly using its own software.

So I am stumped on why things got so bad so fast...and without me doing anything in the past week. Like I said, it broke without me doing anything. So I applied those updates...still no joy.

I cant say I have ever seen this happen before.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg hdhomerun2errorfromSagetv.JPG (55.9 KB, 209 views)
Old 11-02-2008, 06:55 PM
Sage Aficionado

Send a message via MSN to steingra
Well I did some experimenting, and all I ended up doing was changing the default renderer from Default to VRM9, tried watching some videos, AND IT WORKED. So I changed back to the "Default" Video rendered and now its working. I dont understand why flipping back and forth did it. But its working. I just recorded a HD football game using the HDhomeRun source, and it recorded fine. And I watch the SageTV recording afterwards...and it played fine too.

Kind of wierd. But I am glad its working now. Dont know what happened or why something so simple fixed it. hmmmmm