SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 11-08-2008, 11:23 AM
Sage Aficionado

SageMC conflict resolution

Hi there, again.

Some of this may come into play b/c I have only one tuner. I'm not sure how common multi-tuners are. However, since one of the reasons why people wants a DVR / digital media platform is for TV recordings, conflict resolution is very important.

I haven't had a conflict since I upgraded SageMC yesterday. I just checked it out and I love that it shows the schedule. That's really cool.

However, the text choices still seem unsatisfying to me. For a previously resolved conflict (Simsons vs Next Gen), I get these three options:

- always ignore conflicts
- override favorite recording of the simpsons
- always override this favorite instead of the simpsons

1. I have to deduce from looking at the schedule that it's currently set to always record the simpsons instead of next gen. (on the schedule simpsons has the red recording mark and next get has the yellow dot w/ green check).

2. What would "always ignore conflicts" mean in this case? What would happen if I selected it?

3. I would use the word "record" instead of override.
- "Record this episode of Star Trek Next Generation instead of The Simpsons"
- "Always record this episode of Star Trek Next Generation instead of The Simpsons".

For conflicts between different shows, I would not put the times and channels here, as those are easy to read from the schedule below. However, For conflicts between multiple viewings of shows on different channels at the same time (like The Simpons), I would add the channel. I'll have to think about that some more.

4. If there is a current conflict resolution rule in place, I would make it clear what the current setting is at the top of the page.
- Currently, The Simpsons is set to always record instead of Star Trek Next Generation if there is a conflict.

5. If I create a manual recording that conflicts with a series recording, I should get notified. Currently, the manual recording will happen and I will have no idea that there is a conflict. If there are people who would not want that, have it be a setting, defaulted to warning people.

6. BTW, there is some inconsistency between "series recording" and "favorites recording". I see "favorites" mentioned in the conflict resolution, but haven't noticed it anywhere else.

7. Is there a way to see all of the current conflict resolution rules that have been created?

Thanks.

Todd