SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 11-15-2008, 08:58 PM
Sage User

Audio/Subtitle Selection with Imported Files

Heyo,

I was just wondering if it's possible to select alternate audio tracks and or toggle subtitles with imported files. Specifically, I'm trying to play .ogm files that have english and japanese audio tracks. Sage is currently defaulting to Japanese with these files, which is unfortunate, because I can't even enable the english subtitles for the files. The subtitles are not separate srt files or anything like that, they're built into the OGM. VLC seems to deal with it all fine, because I have the option to turn subtitles on and off etc. I just wish I could manage both those things in Sage.

Any ideas?
Old 11-16-2008, 06:32 AM
SageTVaholic

Did you try using the Options command while the video was playing and choose an alternate subtitle?

Gerry
Server - WHS 2011: Sage 7.1.9 - 1 x HD Prime and 2 x HDHomeRun - Intel Atom D525 1.6 GHz, Acer Easystore, RAM 4 GB, 4 x 2TB hotswap drives, 1 x 2TB USB ext Clients: 2 x PC Clients, 1 x HD300, 2 x HD-200, 1 x HD-100 DEV Client: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit - AMD 64 x2 6000+, Gigabyte GA-MA790GP-DS4H MB, RAM 4GB, HD OS:500GB, DATA:1 x 500GB, Pace RGN STB.
Old 11-16-2008, 02:34 PM
Sage User

The options command doesn't show any subtitle selection etc. Detailed info shows two audio tracks, and subs, but there is no way to select them.
Old 11-16-2008, 02:58 PM
SageTVaholic

I think it only works for DVDs.
Old 11-22-2008, 04:46 PM
Sage Aficionado

Anyone figured out if its even possible to select which audio track it will play off a mkv container?

Old 11-23-2008, 08:04 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabroni View Post
Anyone figured out if its even possible to select which audio track it will play off a mkv container?
I'd like to find this out as well, I have a movie in MKV and it's playing the stupid audio commentary track instead of the main audio track
Old 11-23-2008, 09:46 PM
Sage User

Send a message via ICQ to CatsLab Send a message via MSN to CatsLab
From what I read in the forums for .mks , selection is not possible.
You have to demultiplex, delete the unwanted tracks and remux with the only track you want.

Bad news... I'd like also this feature
Old 11-24-2008, 12:32 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via ICQ to valnar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabroni View Post
It is not possible, but this is already requested feature. We can hope that it will become available in either the next release of SageTV or the new Extender, but I wouldn't count on it.
Old 11-25-2008, 03:23 PM
Sage Advanced User

I too am very much interested in the same problem.
It would be very nice if we have a subtitle option for the imported videos, just like the one for the DVDs.

My imported videos are all in groups like this:

MyMovie.avi
MyMovie.jpg
MyMovie.properties
MyMovie.English.srt
MyMovie.French.srt

I would like to be able to play these movies from within SageTV. Unfortunately, the version of SageTVPlayer (MPlayer) that comes with SageTV was compiled without the subtitle support, which comes standard with MPlayer.

I really hope that the next build of SageTVPlayer will enable the subtitles.

Thanks.
Old 11-25-2008, 03:28 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via ICQ to valnar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patilan View Post
I too am very much interested in the same problem.
It would be very nice if we have a subtitle option for the imported videos, just like the one for the DVDs.

My imported videos are all in groups like this:

MyMovie.avi
MyMovie.jpg
MyMovie.properties
MyMovie.English.srt
MyMovie.French.srt

I would like to be able to play these movies from within SageTV. Unfortunately, the version of SageTVPlayer (MPlayer) that comes with SageTV was compiled without the subtitle support, which comes standard with MPlayer.

I really hope that the next build of SageTVPlayer will enable the subtitles.

Thanks.
Not to nitpick (ok, maybe), but why still encode videos into the AVI container? I think the rest of us would be happier with integrated subtitle support for MKV files, but I suppose I'll take anything we can get.
Old 12-10-2008, 01:41 AM
Sage Advanced User

I have used Direct Vob Sub to display .srt subtitles in SageTV. It sucks to install another program in the video path, but... it works.
Old 12-15-2008, 03:20 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by asthepenguinfly View Post
The options command doesn't show any subtitle selection etc. Detailed info shows two audio tracks, and subs, but there is no way to select them.
Assuming that Sage is using SageTVPlayer for that MKV video....
Is there a way to send a keystroke to SageTVPlayer?

** Can the program "SendMessage.exe" that comes with Sage be used for such a thing?

** Or can somebody make a modification in Studio to add a switch in the options menu that will send a simple keystroke to SageTVPlayer?

If any of the above can be done, then problem solved. Because SageTVPlayer can switch subtitles on/off (keystroke "v") or cycle through all available subtitles (keystroke "j"), or cycle through the available audio tracks (keystroke "#"). You can see that this works if you drag-drop your MKV file right ontop SageTVPlayer.exe (outside of SageTV).

Then the (easier) next step would be to link that command to the remote control.

Some help from an expert?