SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > Hardware Support > Hardware Support
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

Hardware Support Discussions related to using various hardware setups with SageTV products. Anything relating to capture cards, remotes, infrared receivers/transmitters, system compatibility or other hardware related problems or suggestions should be posted here.

Old 11-19-2008, 05:26 PM
Sage User

Exclamation Hauppauge 2250 HVR Issues

Hello all,

I am having issues getting my 2250 to work properly in SageTV.

I currently have a PVR-500 dual tuner and another single tuner both tuning standard analog cable properly. I have added the 2250 to the PCI-e slot, installed the drivers and went to setup the source in Sagetv. I did realize that it shows up under a different name (7164) so I selected that. However it always just says no-signal when I choose the Digital TV Tuner. If I select the regular "TV Tuner" I get all my standard channels I tune on the other tuners already installed. However no matter If I pick the #1 or #2 of the 2250, Digital TV Tuner always never tunes and if I bypass the initial page where it shows a preview, and go to the channel lineup they all say No Signal with signal strength 100%.

I have installed the Beta drivers for the 2250, as found at ftp://hauppauge.com/Support/HVR2250/ and with the shipped 4.7 drivers as well as the drivers found at that link I get the same result.

I did install WinTV and it was able to find Digital channels, so I know there are channels available.

I have also installed the beta files for the DShow and TSplitter, same result.

I did reboot after every step and change I made so I know it is not that.

Any ideas or suggestions? I was really looking forward to some HD shows tonight, but looks like it will be waiting a little longer yet...
Old 11-20-2008, 09:59 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshabts View Post
I have also installed the beta files for the DShow and TSplitter, same result.
Did you also change the property in the Sage.property's file you have to change?

BTW, the only beta software I used was the above 2, and my system works GREAT. No driver beta at all.

Last edited by MattHelm; 11-20-2008 at 10:00 AM. Reason: Add beta note
Old 11-20-2008, 10:03 AM
Sage User

Yes, I did change the fast_switch_mux in the sage.properties file and restarted sagetv service after doing that.

I did the prior to testing any beta driver, so I know it isn't the beta driver not working with it, but after hearing yours is working great, I will downgrade back to the standard latest driver released.

Thanks,
Josh
Old 11-20-2008, 01:23 PM
Sage Icon

OK, next, read thru this thread:
http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34355
VERY closely.

Myself and at least 1 other person were able to get Sage and the 2250 working fine. We both descused what we did. I'm not sure why some are having problems with the 2250 setup and others aren't. Wish I could help more.

BTW, I had a HDHR running first, and was able to use that as a guide on the HD channels.

Oh, BTW, when you first select the digital, there is a VERY good chance it will say no signal. (Mainly because it hasn't the slightest idea were you might have a digital channel, as appose to analog, where you have almost have a carrier on any channel) Just wait until the "use this tuner" or what ever it says at the bottom, and let it scan for any channels. This will take a while, and on most cable hook ups, you won't get a hit until 70 or so. Then the only digital channels that will then work, will have a channel like 70-1-1 or something like that. Those are your digital channel. Like I said, having the HDHR already working help me then choose what channels were what. (you have to remap the channel to it's call sign, like 70-1-1 = WTTWDT to get correct guide data) (I'm at work so can't see the screens for more detail)

Setting up digital cable is a PAIN! I'm kind of mad that the HDTV spec wasn't better thought out. They could have easily added station call signs into the digital stream. I guess the OTA channels do, but the FCC didn't make the cable compaines "fix" the data.

If I get some time some weekend, maybe I'll (or someone else PLEASE) try and put up step by step instructions.
Old 11-20-2008, 01:47 PM
Sage User

Ok, I am getting channels to show, the no signal issue was as you had suggested it just took a LONG time for it to detect any available channels. I was confusing analog with digital, silly me . So if I choose digital tuner then I will NOT see my analog channels come in correct?

That said, am I understanding right then, that you setup each source twice for this card? Once with analog lineup and input and once with the digital lineup and source?
Old 11-21-2008, 07:09 AM
Sage Icon

Correct. SageTV will then "merge" the channel lineup into a single list of all the channels you have.