SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Customizations This forums is for discussing and sharing user-created modifications for the SageTV application created by using the SageTV Studio or through the use of external plugins. Use this forum to discuss customizations for SageTV version 6 and earlier, or for the SageTV3 UI.

Old 12-14-2008, 01:32 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jreichen View Post
Check out post #26 above and see if that fixes your problem.

edit: Now it works. I didn't realize that to "touch" it, I should open and save it. (I had just opened it before, but didn't save).

Seems to work fine!

thansk
Matt

Last edited by matt91; 12-14-2008 at 02:14 PM.
Old 12-14-2008, 02:26 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Is it possible to set up the reverse proxy with http:\/\/<server>:<port>\/sagem pointing to http:\/\/<server>:<port>\/sage\/m? That would eliminate the need to set up mapping for each item under \/sage.
From the outside it looks like https://<webserver>/sage/m/. It defaults to port 443. Redirecting https to another port has security issues. I've posted my configuration earlier in this thread (not knowing about the other thread).

I'm running apache on my gateway server (which has an external and an internal interface). Both Sage servers are on the internal LAN.

Quote:
If you or anybody else wants to document it, feel free to post there or even create a wiki page
I'll look into that. I'm pretty sure my config works .

Quote:
I tried to eliminate any hard-coding of the /sage path in the mobile web server. Nielm's web server has it in a few places. It hasn't been updated in a while but it would be nice to know what all the issues are.
Mainly in searches. It's a problem if you don't want to use another port than 443. I've tried the rewrite engine of apache, but I couldn't figure that out yet.

Quote:
I search for all recordings where the filename is *.mpg then add them to the conversion queue.
That can be done automaticly by SageTV, isn't it?

Quote:
Conversions are easy. They're part of the SageTV core When I think of streaming, I think of what Placeshifter can do: automatically re-encode to a usable bitrate, and jump to any location in the file. The SageTV core doesn't expose that, and it's much harder for me to write myself.
That would be very nice to have. The transcoding however is done by an external executable (which borrows a lot from the mplayer project). It's a petty the miniclient has never been ported to the WM Java environment.

I've added some 320x240 FS and 320x180 WS profiles (with mp3 sound!) for PocketPC/Cowon D2 to the properties files. Did the same for Archos: 480x272 and 362x272. Not everyone likes iPod, you know . But mp3 sound tracks only work on some of the older transcode executables and in the newest beta.

But it would be enough to have a link to the converted file itself. I've still some space on my 16GB microSD card, you know .
Old 12-14-2008, 03:59 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Can you try a couple of things?
  1. Remove xerces.jar (back it up somewhere), restart Sage, and try xmltv and the mobile web interface
  2. If that doesn't work, download the latest xerces.jar from Apache's web site, restart Sage, and try them again
Checked the XMLTVImportPlugin.java file. Can't be done:

Code:
import org.apache.xerces.parsers.*;
Old 12-14-2008, 10:04 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt91 View Post
edit: Now it works. I didn't realize that to "touch" it, I should open and save it. (I had just opened it before, but didn't save).

Seems to work fine!

thansk
Matt
Sorry, I was assuming you were saving it.

For those not familiar with it, "touch" comes from the Unix world, it's a command that updates a file's timestamp. Also, when you upgrade the mobile web interface, the sagewebapp.xml file from the zip overwrites the existing file and the timestamp is updated.

Jetty polls all the files in the contexts folder every second. IIRC that can be changed in jetty.xml, but I leave it at the default since I do a lot of redeployments when I'm working on the code. If Jetty sees that the timestamp has changed, it redeploys the web app.

Anyway, glad you got it working and hope you find it useful.
SageTV: SageTV Server 7.1.8 on Ubuntu Linux 11.04, SageTV Placeshifter for Mac 6.6.2, SageTV Client 7.0.15 for Windows, Linux Placeshifter 7.1.8 on Server and Client
, Java 1.6.
Plugins: Jetty, Nielm's Web Server, Mobile Web Interface.

Old 12-14-2008, 10:16 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by archie658 View Post
From the outside it looks like https://<webserver>/sage/m/. It defaults to port 443. Redirecting https to another port has security issues. I've posted my configuration earlier in this thread (not knowing about the other thread).
I wasn't really even asking about the https or the port. My question was more about mapping /sagem to /sage/m. So to get to nielm's web interface I would use /sage, and to get to the mobile web interface I would use /sagem.

Quote:
Mainly in searches. It's a problem if you don't want to use another port than 443. I've tried the rewrite engine of apache, but I couldn't figure that out yet.
I tried the rewrite also, but it doesn't preserve the original HTML. It uses strict parsing and I ran into some trouble with it.

Quote:
That can be done automaticly by SageTV, isn't it?
Probably. I never bothered to check I've seen messages in the sage log that look like SageMC is polling for files to convert, but I've never seen it start any.

Quote:
But it would be enough to have a link to the converted file itself. I've still some space on my 16GB microSD card, you know .
Already done Check out the recording details page. There's a link to the file on that page, just like in nielm's web server.
SageTV: SageTV Server 7.1.8 on Ubuntu Linux 11.04, SageTV Placeshifter for Mac 6.6.2, SageTV Client 7.0.15 for Windows, Linux Placeshifter 7.1.8 on Server and Client
, Java 1.6.

Old 12-14-2008, 10:20 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Checked the XMLTVImportPlugin.java file. Can't be done:

Code:
import org.apache.xerces.parsers.*;
I found a couple things to check out. Do these help?

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17566 "It doesn't need the xerces.jar file (in fact you'll have to get rid of it), but you must use Java Runtime 1.5 (06)"

http://www.lmgestion.net/@en-us/4/22...56/article.asp "You must not have xerces.jar in folders (and subfolders) C:\Program Files\Java and C:\Program Files\SageTV\SageTV\JARs"
, Java 1.6.

Old 12-14-2008, 10:24 PM
Sage Icon

Or this? http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...ces#post221026 "Replace your xerces.jar with xercesImpl.jar and xml-apis.jar in Xerces-J-bin.2.9.0.zip from here. I use this with Java 1.6, nielm's dynamic menus, xml writer and an importer that requires xerces"
, Java 1.6.

Old 12-15-2008, 01:31 PM
Sage User

Quote:
Or this? http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...ces#post221026 "Replace your xerces.jar with xercesImpl.jar and xml-apis.jar in Xerces-J-bin.2.9.0.zip from here. I use this with Java 1.6, nielm's dynamic menus, xml writer and an importer that requires xerces"
I did download that zip earlier on, but I didn't know what to use of it. And I was trying to get my new DVB-C tuner up and running . But you're right! This works (but only if you put those jars in ./JARs). Both mobile webservers are running now! Great. No need to replace the rather old (but working) xmltv plugin.
Old 12-15-2008, 01:38 PM
Sage Advanced User

popups display size

I have installed and tested this little app and I have to say -- awesome. My only issue is the size of the popup fields in the options area under Guide Listings. The are squished to like a 1/8 inch, making them unreadable and unusable. Whereas the Listings themselves span the entire screen. And even when I try and pick one of the pop-up menus they don't expand horizontally, so I can't sort by hour and all that. Otherwise most everything else seems like its working just fine. I assume its the Browser in my Blackberry Bold 9000, as the page comes up just fine in Firefox on my PC, so I hope there is a tweak to be made to the web display code to make it more BB friendly.
Old 12-15-2008, 01:47 PM
Sage User

[QUOTE=jreichen;322321]So to get to nielm's web interface I would use /sage, and to get to the mobile web interface I would use /sagem.
[QUOTE]

Achors like ../m/css/sage_mobile.css prevent that. But /sage/m/ works.

Quote:
Already done Check out the recording details page. There's a link to the file on that page, just like in nielm's web server.
Found it. But this link is hardcoded; can't be reverse proxied.
Old 12-18-2008, 05:24 AM
Sage Icon

Now that I have this running, I have a question about useability:

A somewhat common situation for me is to be chatting with a friend when they say "Are you watching the new season of XYZ?" If I'm not watching the show, I'd like to be able to quickly set a favorite and have Sage record some episodes for me to watch.

With Nielms server, I would have to wait until I was home, but I could easily search the EPG for the show. I don't see that functionality here.

If I don't know the next airing date for a show, is there a way to accomplish this with the mobile web server?

thanks
matt
Old 12-21-2008, 12:01 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by macsupergeek View Post
I have installed and tested this little app and I have to say -- awesome. My only issue is the size of the popup fields in the options area under Guide Listings. The are squished to like a 1/8 inch, making them unreadable and unusable. Whereas the Listings themselves span the entire screen. And even when I try and pick one of the pop-up menus they don't expand horizontally, so I can't sort by hour and all that. Otherwise most everything else seems like its working just fine. I assume its the Browser in my Blackberry Bold 9000, as the page comes up just fine in Firefox on my PC, so I hope there is a tweak to be made to the web display code to make it more BB friendly.
Sounds like a quirk in how the browser is handling the html. I'll see if I can find a fix. Let me know if you see this on any other pages.
, Java 1.6.

Old 12-21-2008, 12:11 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Achors like ../m/css/sage_mobile.css prevent that. But /sage/m/ works.
I'll change that in the next update.

BTW, after being away for a few days and looking at this again, I'm not sure I meant mapping /sagem to /sage/m. I think that should be /sagem to /sage, and the <server>:<port> would be enough to keep the mappings to the mobile and nielm web servers apart. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Quote:
Found it. But this link is hardcoded; can't be reverse proxied.
You mean the url is /sage/MediaFile... rather than /sage/m/MediaFile...? That's easy to fix.
, Java 1.6.

Old 12-21-2008, 12:15 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt91 View Post
Now that I have this running, I have a question about useability:

A somewhat common situation for me is to be chatting with a friend when they say "Are you watching the new season of XYZ?" If I'm not watching the show, I'd like to be able to quickly set a favorite and have Sage record some episodes for me to watch.

With Nielms server, I would have to wait until I was home, but I could easily search the EPG for the show. I don't see that functionality here.

If I don't know the next airing date for a show, is there a way to accomplish this with the mobile web server?

thanks
matt
I think you're asking for the same thing as archie658 on the previous page. Airing search should be ready in time for the next update.
, Java 1.6.

Old 12-21-2008, 04:01 PM
Sage User

Quote:
I'll change that in the next update.

BTW, after being away for a few days and looking at this again, I'm not sure I meant mapping /sagem to /sage/m. I think that should be /sagem to /sage, and the <server>:<port> would be enough to keep the mappings to the mobile and nielm web servers apart. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Ok. It's a bit confusing now. What I meant: coding within pages with ../m/ is not a problem, but /sagem/ is and /sage/m/ is. The root of this webserver is being changed by the mapping (from /sage/ into /sage1/ for the first and /sage2/ for the second SageTV server). Links with the /sage/ part, will cause problems.

Quote:
You mean the url is /sage/MediaFile... rather than /sage/m/MediaFile...? That's easy to fix.
No, without the /sage/ part; just ../m/ of ./ or no path at all.

There's also a problem with the command buttons (like record) having the 'hardcoded' http-server IP adresses in the code:

<input type="hidden" name="returnto" value="http://192.168.35.3:8081/sage/m/details.jsp?AiringId=4575847"/>

(that's my local IP of the SageTV server; this overrules the reverse proxying).
Old 12-21-2008, 05:35 PM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Ok. It's a bit confusing now. What I meant: coding within pages with ../m/ is not a problem, but /sagem/ is and /sage/m/ is. The root of this webserver is being changed by the mapping (from /sage/ into /sage1/ for the first and /sage2/ for the second SageTV server). Links with the /sage/ part, will cause problems.

No, without the /sage/ part; just ../m/ of ./ or no path at all.
Now I remember why I was using ../ rather than /sage/. Those are the same problems I ran into when I tried to set up my reverse proxy.

Quote:
There's also a problem with the command buttons (like record) having the 'hardcoded' http-server IP adresses in the code:
Thanks, I'll fix those.
, Java 1.6.

Old 01-05-2009, 02:29 PM
Sage Expert

I'm trying to upgrade to 1.0.1 but am getting an error when I try to unzip SageWebApp_1_0_1.zip. Everything unzips okay except for SageWebApp.war. I get an error saying that the current SageWebApp.war is in use and I can't copy over it. I tried to rename the current one to .old but get the same message. I'll try to stop the server when I get a chance and see if this fixes it (it's in use doing other things right now) but I was under the impression that the server didn't need to be stopped to upgrade the web server app. Am I doing something wrong?

UPDATE: The only way I was able to overwrite the SageWebApp.war was by stopping the Sage service. After that, it updated fine, I restarted the service, and everything seems to work great. Fixed the problem I was having with trying to set recordings. Curious what it means that the web interface should be able to be updated without requiring a server restart though - am I misinterpreting this?

One other thought - I really like the home.jsp as a nice quick overview of what's going on in the system. But it would be great if there were some link from there to menu.jsp or something. If there is I can't find it. As it stands, I have to manually type in the new address in the address bar to get from home.jsp to menu.jsp, which kind of makes me not want to ever go to home.jsp even though the page is nice. Any way a simple link to menu.jsp could be added somewhere in there?

Thanks!

Last edited by popechild; 01-06-2009 at 12:04 AM.
Old 01-07-2009, 08:21 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by popechild View Post
Am I doing something wrong?
No...

Quote:
UPDATE: The only way I was able to overwrite the SageWebApp.war was by stopping the Sage service. After that, it updated fine, I restarted the service, and everything seems to work great. Fixed the problem I was having with trying to set recordings. Curious what it means that the web interface should be able to be updated without requiring a server restart though - am I misinterpreting this?
No. For some reason the war file is sometimes locked if you're using Windows. Slugger was the first to report this on the prerelease thread. We tried everything I could find on Jetty's website and nothing worked. It happened on his development machine but his live machine was ok, so we stopped looking for a solution. I'd still like to fix it but can't find anything else to try. Plus I'm not on Windows so it's harder to go back and forth troubleshooting on someone else's machine.

Quote:
Any way a simple link to menu.jsp could be added somewhere in there?
Click the SageTV logo at the top of the page
, Java 1.6.

Old 01-07-2009, 08:53 AM
Sage Expert

Quote:
We tried everything I could find on Jetty's website and nothing worked. It happened on his development machine but his live machine was ok, so we stopped looking for a solution. I'd still like to fix it but can't find anything else to try. Plus I'm not on Windows so it's harder to go back and forth troubleshooting on someone else's machine.
No problem. It's not a big deal - I'm used to having to shut down the service in order to make upgrades, it was just confusing since the installation instructions specifically state that you don't have to. So maybe just consider updating the instructions and I doubt anyone will really care.

Quote:
Click the SageTV logo at the top of the page
Ahh... thanks. I think I tried clicking everywhere but there.
Old 01-07-2009, 10:34 AM
Sage Advanced User

Installed this last night and it works and looks great on my iPhone.

Just wondering if there will be a remote page, so I could stop/start/pause, etc.

Thanks,
Mike

Tags
mobile, web