SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Software
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Software Discussion related to the SageTV application produced by SageTV. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV software application should be posted here. (Check the descriptions of the other forums; all hardware related questions go in the Hardware Support forum, etc. And, post in the customizations forum instead if any customizations are active.)

Old 12-04-2008, 03:00 PM
Sage Icon

Favorite’s problem with OTA\DirecTV overlap

I currently have OTA programming from a HDHR and use HD-PVRs to tune DirecTV HD content from two separate receivers. In the guide I end up with DirecTV channels and then some additional OTA digital channels mixed in with channel numbers like 5-1, 5-2. All the local stations are listed in both lineups separately.

The problem I am having is that when I try to record the News Hours on PBS it will only record on the DirecTV station. I would like to use the OTA PBS which is actually 36-2 but even if I select to record on that channel only it will not record correctly. I have noticed that it is always set to watched on the OTA station. If reset the watch status it will record that day but will not record the next day. Also it will record both the OTA station and the DirecTV station when it records unless I select one specific channel. It there a way to have it ignore the Watched flag for a particular recording?

Also: The guide for the OTA PBS station only list about a days worth of programming where the DirecTV will go on for at least a week so I don’t believe they are the same source. I think it is getting the EPG data OTA somehow. The PBS station is in Roanoke Rapids, NC but is really re-broadcasting the main Chapel Hill programming. I don’t think 36-2 is a normal station for my area as I am really closer to 4-1 PBS but I have trouble tuning it.

Note: I am running the latest version of SageTV with SageMC.
Old 12-04-2008, 04:32 PM
Administrator

First, do all your configuration in the default STV, but that shouldn't be much of an issue any more because SageMC should be loading the default STV for that. Anyway...

It sounds like the OTA station on the HDHR is not mapped correctly. (It should have been mapped during the channel scan, it the stations were named correctly in the HDHR channel editor.) You could go to Channel, choose Remap, choose Map Different Station to this Physical Channel, then select the actual name of the station used on the EPG lineup for the DirecTV tuner. If the station name is listed twice, then I'm not 100% sure where that happened & you may need to just try one then the other to see which is the correct one.

- Andy
- HD Extenders: A) FAQs B) URC MX-700 remote setup
Note: This is a users' forum; see the Rules. For official tech support fill out a Support Request.
Old 12-05-2008, 01:54 PM
Sage Icon

Thanks for the help on this!

I played with this last night and changed in the HDHR software the name of the station and the channel to 4-1 to match the UNC-HD station out of Chapel Hill. After I rescanned it SageTV it found the changes and showed up in the guide as 4-1 but the Guide data was not populated. I noticed at that time that some of my other OTA station also did not have more than one days worth of EPG data as well. The ones that had the complete data had the same channel name as one available in DirecTV. (Like WRALDT) It appears that I only get one PBS station and it is WUNC and it is not digital at this time so no name matched. I played with it again and mapped the 4-1 channel to the WUNC in the Sage sources setup. I do not seem to have a 4-1 anymore but my 4 WUNC that used to be DirecTV now tunes to the OTA device and the guide is complete. I was really thinking I would have 4 set to DirecTV and 4-1 set to the HDHR.

Since I have never done OTA on its own before with SageTV I guess I did not understand how it was working. IT appears that my OTA channels by default come form the TV signal unless the name matches something in the DirecTV feed. Is this corrects? What I have now will work but I would like to understand it better.