SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Products > SageTV Mac Edition
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageTV Mac Edition Discussion related to the SageTV Media Center for Mac edition. Questions, issues, problems, suggestions, etc. relating to the SageTV Mac edition should be posted here.

Old 12-07-2008, 09:05 PM
Sage Expert

Forcing Sage to use Quicktime

Hey, i am trying to sort out AC3 issues - passthrough works with VLC and Quicktime outside of Sage, but no matter what i do, i cannot seem to get passthrough working through Sage.

Back in 6.4.4, QT was supposed to be enabled for any files it could handle, but it doesnt seem to be working, as every file i play defaults to mplayer (running top via the terminal shows this)

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/show...ight=quicktime
Quote:
Mac Updates
1. Changed loading method for playing files when using UNC paths
2. Enable playback of WMV9 files on the Mac client
3. Integrated new QuickTime player for the Macintosh (QuickTime is now used to playback files it can handle)
so my question is whether there is a line to add to the properties file to force the use of QT?

thanks
2x HDHR, all OTA
QNAP TS-809:
12.5 TB for Recordings/Imports/TimeMachine/Music
HD200 via 802.11n in Living Room
802.11n client in bedroom
Old 12-26-2008, 10:16 AM
Sage Expert

well, thanks to support, i got AC3 passthrough working again - instead of adding
extra_mplayer_args=-afm hwac3
to the sage.properties file, i added it to the sageclient.properties. Passthrough works perfectly now, and support said that a simple Audio out spidf/analog setting in Detailed Setup will be added in the next version, making extra_mplayer_args=-afm hwac3
unnecessary!

Still no success with getting Quicktime to playback media, though i am a bit less worried about it since i got passthrough working...
2x HDHR, all OTA
QNAP TS-809:
Old 12-29-2008, 12:05 PM
Sage Advanced User

Re: AC-3 issues
The '-afm hwac3' argument for mplayer works, but it needs to be in SageClient.properties, not Sage.properties. The final build of 6.5 will have audio output selection re-enabled where you can select Analog or S/PDIF, if you select S/PDIF then this argument will be passed to mplayer. Point being if you set this now remember to remove it when 6.5 is released. Note that this only affects mplayer currently. If you hear "helicopter noise" instead of surround then your audio device does not support AC-3 passthrough, at least according to the CoreAudio drivers.

Re: QT playback issue
A bug was found in the QT player code that will be fixed in 6.5. It has to do with paths not being converted to URLs properly, spaces or other illegal characters were not being escaped.
Old 12-31-2008, 02:09 PM
Sage Expert

marvelous. i can confirm that adding -afm hwac3 to the sageCLIENT.properties file re-enabled passthrough for me.

i am also fully looking forward to QT support, as i have QT working perfectly for all my various formats. (thanks, mostly, to Perian)
2x HDHR, all OTA
QNAP TS-809:
Old 01-05-2009, 02:10 PM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandor View Post
marvelous. i can confirm that adding -afm hwac3 to the sageCLIENT.properties file re-enabled passthrough for me.

i am also fully looking forward to QT support, as i have QT working perfectly for all my various formats. (thanks, mostly, to Perian)
QT should be happier with the latest RC, please give that build a try.