SageTV Community  

Go Back   SageTV Community > SageTV Development and Customizations > SageTV Customizations > SageMC Custom Interface
Forum Rules FAQs Community Downloads Today's Posts Search

Notices

SageMC Custom Interface This forum is for discussing the user-created SageMC custom interface for SageTV.

Old 02-13-2009, 06:37 PM
Sage Advanced User

Confirmed. I'll report this error to the iMovies author.

SageTV 6.6.2, SageMC+CenterSage Theme
Server: Intel Core2 Q6600, 8gb memory, 3x 1tb WD EACS drives, software RAID5 2tb capacity, 4gb Flash boot drive, Ubuntu 8.0.4 Server edition
Capture: 1x HD-PVR -> Motorola DTC6200
Clients: 1x STX-HD100 1x STX-HD200, Windows & OSX Clients
Old 02-13-2009, 06:43 PM
Sage Icon

Send a message via MSN to jaminben
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikarius View Post
Confirmed. I'll report this error to the iMovies author.
Thanks for confirming
Old 02-14-2009, 08:01 AM
Sage Aficionado

Just updated to the new version. Very nice work.

However, I have found an issue. I am using SageMC_169_fanart_debug3.xml that fixes the fanart bug in SageMC that now allows for fanart to show up for mkv movies. With your previous version (MIS) it worked with the SageMC update and I had no fanart issues. With the new AMIS I no longer see fanart for my movies that are mkv. I switched back to the old version (Movie_Info_Screen_V.1.0d.xml), and the fanart shows up for my mkv movies. Then switched back to AMIS, and the fanart is gone again for my mkv movies. It looks like the new AMIS undoes the fix of SageMC_169_fanart_debug3.xml. Is there any way to get fanart for mkv movies again? My DVDs and mpeg movies work fine.

Also, I second the vote for making the focus on play as default. That would increase the WAF greatly again. It dropped with the new version do to the focus issue and loosing fanart again for the mkv movies.
Old 02-14-2009, 08:26 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by voorhees View Post
Just updated to the new version. Very nice work.

However, I have found an issue. I am using SageMC_169_fanart_debug3.xml that fixes the fanart bug in SageMC that now allows for fanart to show up for mkv movies. With your previous version (MIS) it worked with the SageMC update and I had no fanart issues. With the new AMIS I no longer see fanart for my movies that are mkv. I switched back to the old version (Movie_Info_Screen_V.1.0d.xml), and the fanart shows up for my mkv movies. Then switched back to AMIS, and the fanart is gone again for my mkv movies. It looks like the new AMIS undoes the fix of SageMC_169_fanart_debug3.xml. Is there any way to get fanart for mkv movies again? My DVDs and mpeg movies work fine.

Also, I second the vote for making the focus on play as default. That would increase the WAF greatly again. It dropped with the new version do to the focus issue and loosing fanart again for the mkv movies.
I have no issues with .mkv files and fanart. Almost 90% of my database is .mkv. I'm not sure why your still using SageMC_169_fanart_debug3.xml as I'm assuming it was only intended for Mike to debug various issues which have now been fixed in Version 6.3.8b pre-release 12. Pehaps someone else knows if the debug version is more recent than 6.3.8b pre-release as I seem to have missed that whole thread. Anyway give 6.3.8b a whirl to try and fix the problem.
Old 02-22-2009, 12:35 AM
Sage Advanced User

Advanced movie info kills audio

Love your addon the graphics are very nice. Now if only I could use it. I have the most upto date sage tv with the current SageMC. Everything functioned as expected for 1 day until I loading the advanced movie info files then I lost sound on my music audio files except for a special few like .m4a and some of movies as well.

I uninstalled everything and started over and again everything worked fine until I installed the AMIS and started configuring the fan art and updating the movie info with IMDB then the same thing happened. Any help would be appreciated as I would really love to be able to use your mod.

Here is my current info

Java version 1.6.0_11
SageMC STV Version 6.3.8a
df_sageutils.jar version 2.2
Current Stv sageMC_169-1.xml

Vista ultimate 64 sp1
Duo E8500 3.16ghz
Asus p5q pro with realtek onboard audio disabled
SB Fatality X-fi Titanium champion sound card (tried removing sound card and using realtek same thing happened)
Old 02-22-2009, 04:20 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by veger69 View Post
Love your addon the graphics are very nice. Now if only I could use it. I have the most upto date sage tv with the current SageMC. Everything functioned as expected for 1 day until I loading the advanced movie info files then I lost sound on my music audio files except for a special few like .m4a and some of movies as well.
If you mean you can't play music files when the Movie Info Screen is open then thats a known bug which has now been fixed for the next release. If you mean it kills your audio no matter what screen your in then I don't know why its doing that. If you can let me know which one it is.

Cheers

Ben
Old 02-22-2009, 10:39 AM
Sage Advanced User

No matter what screen I'm in it kills it and only for some content. you cant hear any wma music and most movies. Here is the audio info for a movie that lost sound

BD Audio Format : 5.1 DD WMA Bitrate : 288 kBit/s QVBR 98
BD Audio Bitrate : 640 kBit/s CBR WMV Size : 4314 MB (4.21 GB)

*AC3 Audio used in BD/AVCHD/MKV format and is seperate from WMV file

Last edited by veger69; 02-22-2009 at 10:48 AM.
Old 02-22-2009, 11:08 AM
Sage Icon

I have to say I've never had this problem and I don't think anyone else has. I'll check it out but don't hold your breath for an answer. I'm also away next week so I won't be able to take a good look until next weekend.
Old 02-22-2009, 12:00 PM
Sage Advanced User

I appreciate it. I'm using the basic SageMC which works fine but your interface is much cooler!
Old 02-22-2009, 04:06 PM
Sage Advanced User

OK I reinstalled it and again everything worked fine until I tried to play an mp3 then I received a audio render error

error(-5,0x80040266)

Then all mp3's and most movies audio is gone. It plays fine but no sound. If I delete sage tv and replace with my back up everything is fine again until I try to play the audio file then same thing happens. Hope this helps when you get around to looking at it.
Old 02-23-2009, 10:57 AM
Sage Advanced User

Looks like the problem is not tied to your STVI
I have been able to reproduce it even in the basic sageTV program.

Anytime the software encounters an error, be it from audio rendering or video it looses audio and does not get it back until I restore my back up. Rebooting windows or sagetv has no effect. If anyone has any info on this I would appreciate it. Seems a little overboard to have to restore the app everytime I try to play a file that the codec has a problem with.
Old 02-23-2009, 02:45 PM
Sage Icon

Any clues for me?

I completely reinstalled my server and sage setup, and cover art and this import dont seem to be working for me, at least not the way it used to.

New server is based on Windows 7, latest Sage (6.5.9), Sage MC 6.3.8a, Sage MC b12, nBlue theme, and this import. Thats all I have added into the system.

Now I am going on a limb here and assuming that I imported this into the b12 STV and not the default MC as I am at work and cant verify it, but im pretty sure I did it right.

When I go into the movies listing (Genre list) I get a screen like the first attachment. This fanart image will change depending on which specific movie is viewed last (it retains that fanart image as a background). And if I go into a specific movie, I get a screen like the second attachment.

Any ideas? Some sort of JAR file out of whack? Oh I'm running either patch 11 or 12 of Java (the lastest at time of install a week and half ago). Did I miss something else obvious? I did select the AMIS screen option.

*edit* nevermind about the second part, didnt realize so much had changed since i previously used this import. found the menu options and got it like i want. Still not sure why the last fanart background displayed (from last movie) becomes the default background in the main video library though??
Attached Images
File Type: jpg genres.JPG (71.4 KB, 232 views)
File Type: jpg fanart.JPG (73.3 KB, 234 views)

Last edited by Kirby; 02-23-2009 at 04:09 PM.
Old 02-23-2009, 09:42 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirby View Post
Still not sure why the last fanart background displayed (from last movie) becomes the default background in the main video library though??
I did the exact same thing. What I found was that if I had highlighted a movie that had a fanart background with it, then once I turned off the new functions of changing the background based on the highlight it would leave the last fanart background the background from then on. What I did was turn on the new function, go into the video library and select a movie that does not have a fanart background so that it showed the default background, and then went into details and turned off the new function. That worked for me.
Old 02-24-2009, 10:52 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by voorhees View Post
I did the exact same thing. What I found was that if I had highlighted a movie that had a fanart background with it, then once I turned off the new functions of changing the background based on the highlight it would leave the last fanart background the background from then on. What I did was turn on the new function, go into the video library and select a movie that does not have a fanart background so that it showed the default background, and then went into details and turned off the new function. That worked for me.
This is a Sagemc issue and to resolve it just restart the client after you have disabled context sensitive fanart. Fanart is a Sagemc feature and was created by MeInMaui and has nothing to do with my imports. My import just makes use of Mikes hard work.

Last edited by jaminben; 02-24-2009 at 10:59 AM.
Old 02-24-2009, 11:02 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by veger69 View Post
Looks like the problem is not tied to your STVI
I have been able to reproduce it even in the basic sageTV program.

Anytime the software encounters an error, be it from audio rendering or video it looses audio and does not get it back until I restore my back up. Rebooting windows or sagetv has no effect. If anyone has any info on this I would appreciate it. Seems a little overboard to have to restore the app everytime I try to play a file that the codec has a problem with.
I didn't think it had anything to do with my import so I'm glad about that, I don't have a clue why its not working for you but its proberly a driver issue. This is whats so good about extenders, very little hardware issues.
Old 02-24-2009, 12:46 PM
Sage Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminben View Post
This is a Sagemc issue and to resolve it just restart the client after you have disabled context sensitive fanart. Fanart is a Sagemc feature and was created by MeInMaui and has nothing to do with my imports. My import just makes use of Mikes hard work.
I knew that this was not an issue with your import, and I did not mean to imply that it was if I did. I was just providing the solution that I used that worked for me to resolve the issue he stated.
Old 03-01-2009, 02:49 AM
SageTVaholic

Smile Automatic fanart download and associate

I have never really had the patience nor time to manually associate every single video I have with a respective fanart. However...

Is it possible to have fanart downloaded and associated with a video automatically based on the video file name? This is presuming there's an Internet database of fanart thats dependable. Movie Info Screen can try to guess, if it can't, then you can do it manually. This concept could also work for TV recordings/movies as well when you click on show details. Anyway, just an idea.

***RIP SageTV***
Old 03-01-2009, 03:46 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet View Post
I have never really had the patience nor time to manually associate every single video I have with a respective fanart. However...

Is it possible to have fanart downloaded and associated with a video automatically based on the video file name? This is presuming there's an Internet database of fanart thats dependable. Movie Info Screen can try to guess, if it can't, then you can do it manually. This concept could also work for TV recordings/movies as well when you click on show details. Anyway, just an idea.
I used one of the scrapers available from the customizations forums to grab all my fan art, can't remember which one it was now tho.
Old 03-01-2009, 06:00 AM
Sage Advanced User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkanet View Post

http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38587

One option would be to support the .info created by MediaScraper. It has links to the fanart, as well as downloading the fanart.
Old 03-01-2009, 07:58 AM
Sage Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlydarksets View Post
http://forums.sagetv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=38587

One option would be to support the .info created by MediaScraper. It has links to the fanart, as well as downloading the fanart.
I use the BMT pluggin, it does everything (metadata, thumbnails, fanart) automatically.